• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do crows introduce themselves?

Not usually, no. Crows arrive and proceed to continue doing what crows always do: being crows.
But as a courtesy, in a human hangout, this crow says hello.
Squawk!

There is a reason I am a crow. I raised one, once, from an injured and abandoned chick. I set out to teach it all I knew.
Imagine my surprise when I ended up learning all it knew, instead.
I went into a crow, and became what I most admired.
It suits me far more than being a human ever did.

Learn from the humble.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I usually do not post on such threads because many people on RF ignore me or patronize me, but I like you so hello! I have no one on ignore, but it seems as though many do have me on it. Once I had to put someone on ignore because for every post he had a large, moving, and annoying thing. When I first saw him on the posts list it said "ignored member" (if I remember correctly) and I thought, "that is a strange name to choose". Haha If you put someone on ignore you can't see anything they do, but if they are the last poster on a thread you will see that they are present there (on the list).

I think you are wonderful! (I have read some of your posts.)

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome Corvid friend. Crows are possibly my favorite bird if it were possible to have a favorite.
I highly recommend the book A Gift of Crows if you haven't read it. :)

Some like to use "ignore" as an offensive weapon. Others, to escape discomfort.
I tend to like those who choose to ignore me, because, declaring themselves as what they are, clarity returns.
There's nothing like clarity.

Thank you. So far, I am enjoying my experience. I have learned to appreciate such enjoyable moments, for they are all too often fleeting.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Thank you. So far, I am enjoying my experience. I have learned to appreciate such enjoyable moments, for they are all too often fleeting.
I've not been in the mood to write poetry for some time now, but at one point the symbolism of the raven and the crow caught my eye and I wrote a poem containing this:

Crows call
the mystery
of dancing.

Black birds
are a chorus
of nature's
oneness.

Excellent. If you can see this much, you have the means to go into the infinite realms.
Crows are man's key to knowing. That is their purpose.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Not usually, no. Crows arrive and proceed to continue doing what crows always do: being crows.
Squawk!

There is a reason I am a crow. I raised one, once, from an injured and abandoned chick. I set out to teach it all I knew.

Learn from the humble.

Yeah, I guess crows are okay, apart from that ruckus they caused in Bodega Bay back in the early 60s. But it wasn't really their fault, as they were corrupted by the seagulls and those infernal love birds.

You can blame crows all you like, for whatever you like, and crows will never blame you for it.
They go right on being what they are, doing whatever they do, and whatever it happens to be, you'll probably agree: they give it all they've got, 100%.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Squawk!

Learn from the humble.
My favorite bird. No flash, pure intelligence. Welcome.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!
Corivds are the most respected birds here....except for turkeys (cuz of their drumsticks).

Now, join us for RF's free even snack (baked alaska)....
th

My favorite bird. No flash, pure intelligence. Welcome.

Thank you. My experience of crows would suggest that intelligence, as known to humans, is not what crows have, at all, but rather the ability to interface directly with Reality, in a way that humans are almost completely incapable of. And yes, they do this so effortlessly, that there is no sign of flashiness to witness.

Greetings!
Corivds are the most respected birds here....except for turkeys (cuz of their drumsticks).

Thank you.
I've known turkeys, too, and am quite fond of them. I do draw the line at eating them, though, and as for crows, nothing but an owl will touch them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Thank you.
I've known turkeys, too, and am quite fond of them. I do draw the line at eating them, though, and as for crows, nothing but an owl will touch them.
One other thing will eat crow...
Humans who grudgingly admit they're wrong.
Steer clear of them....& owls.

"One other thing will eat crow...
Humans who grudgingly admit they're wrong.
Steer clear of them....& owls."

You are right :)
Good advice.