1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Do creationists accept biology?

Discussion in 'Evolution Vs. Creationism' started by Jaiket, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +25,773
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Yes.

2. Audie

Audie Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +9,765
    Religion:
    None
    You'd pull their last rotten tooth?

Meanie.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +25,773
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Don't worry, they are like sharks in that regard. They simply grow a new one and pretend that the old one was never pulled. It has been at least 15 years since they have had a new argument, the "soft tissue" argument. Ironically the first soft tissue were found by a Christian paleontologist that greatly resented the claims of creationists.

4. Jacques de Molay

Ratings:
    +18
    Religion:
    Christian
    You make a lot of faulty assumptions, both about me, and what you've observed/been taught.

First of all, your comment about my using "religious beliefs as a set of blinders rather than enlightenment" is kind of funny, on many levels. I have a BScience in Biology, Cum Laude, from a major northeastern university with a very well-respected STEM department(s).

So, point-of-fact, I'm using my education to understand that evolution is a farce. It's not scientific. It does NOT pass the scientific smell-test that determines how, exactly, something passes from conjecture to science. All of the time-tested scientific processes used to determine facts are basically tossed out the proverbial window with evolution. Sorry...But that's absolutely true.

You visited a lot of museums as a kid? Awesome! So did I.

But so what? You likely saw a lot of bones, a lot of fossils, and (unfortunately) read a lot of conjecture masquerading as fact.

Claiming that God "did" evolution is a cop-out for a Christian. If He exists (and He does) why would you put breaks on His power an authority? Why would you assume that He needed a long, drawn-out evolutionary process to create life on earth? That's contradictory.

But at least you believe in God, so I guess there's that?

5. Jacques de Molay

Ratings:
    +18
    Religion:
    Christian
    WHEN, exactly, did evolution pass into realm of "theory"?

ANSWER: Never. It does NOT qualify as a theory. A theory is a well-substantiated explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can incorporate laws, hypotheses and facts. Evolution, while loudly trumpeted, is NOT "well substantiated." In fact, it's never been observed to occur.

It's a hypothesis, based on limited evidence. The existence of bones, fossils, etc., does NOT prove evolution. It does NOT account for the Cambrian Explosion.

Of course you would care to offer a datum point or two such as to prove the hypothesis, we would be ever so interested!

6. Jacques de Molay

Ratings:
    +18
    Religion:
    Christian
    Your assumptions about evolution are absolutely false.

It's amazing how people allow pop-culture to inform their scientific opinions...

7. Audie

Audie Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +9,765
    Religion:
    None
    Whatever, guy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. metis

metis aged ecumenical anthropologist

Ratings:
    +16,526
    Religion:
    ecumenical & naturalistic Catholic
    That a $5 can get you a coffee at Starbucks-- but don't forget to leave a tip.

No, you're using your religious belief as a set of blinders to the reality that all material forms change over time and genes and life forms are material. As long as you just blindly believe in your denomination's line, you will never see the Truth on this.

Really? Most Christian theologians don't think so-- but then what would they know, right?

I can't help but notice that you believe in a deity you cannot see or provide objectively-derived evidence for but refuse to believe in the overwhelming scientific evidence for evolution, plus you ignore even the most basic common sense dealing with change.

Why could He not do that? How long did humans exist on Earth before Jesus, for example? IOW, why did he wait until only about 2000 years ago.

This whole process from pre-Judaism to Judaism to Jesus' time was quite long, so this model more fits mine than yours.

#488 metis, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. metis

metis aged ecumenical anthropologist

Ratings:
    +16,526
    Religion:
    ecumenical & naturalistic Catholic
    If the above wasn't so pathetically blind it would be funny.

I left my fundamentalist Protestant church because of their anti-science agenda back in the late 1960's, and I did it because of massive irrefutable evidence for the ToE that includes observations posted in my link on "speciation" in a previous post that showed actual examples plus links to when and where these were observed. You, otoh, have gone in the opposite direction by adopting a Dark Age mentality whereas objective evidence doesn't matter-- only blind belief does.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TagliatelliMonster

TagliatelliMonster Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +8,017
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Considering the very elementary errors and falsehoods you have stated about science in general and evolution in particular, I'm calling BS on that one.

See? With stuff like this.... There's no way you graduated "cum laude" in a university biology course if you are this ignorant.

If you graduated in biology, as you claim, you should know that all fossils could disappear of the face of the earth - along with all the knowledge we gained from studying them, and still the evolutionary case would be one of the best established and best supported ideas in all of science based on the genetic record alone.

But likely you aren't aware of this, because you didn't actually graduate cum laude in biology.

11. TagliatelliMonster

TagliatelliMonster Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +8,017
    Religion:
    Atheist
    +150 years ago.

Which evolution does.

:rolleyes:

Google "observed speciation".

DNA - ever heard of it?

Except that it does.

Shared ERV's.

Just one of literally millions of examples.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Audie

Audie Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +9,765
    Religion:
    None
    Seriously. "Masquerading as fact".

Honour such with no further attention.