• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christian's use too much Christian-eze?

_claire_

Christian-eze: terms used within certain circles of Christians that are hard to understand or just very loaded with Christian-specific meanings.

I am doing an experiment to see how capable I am of communicating my story without Christian-eze. Please review, and let me know if any terms were used that you think are vague or need further definition.

I was was always a child who desired to please. I wanted to achieve a standard of perfection - not just in the eyes of my parents, but in my own eyes as well. I am an idealist by personality and so, to me, perfection should have been achievable through effort. I was also aware that the image of perfection was more important to me than true perfection. For instance, I used to lie about brushing my teeth at night. As long as mom thought I was being perfect and I thought I was being smart, I was golden. Not that I processed it at this level when I was 8 or 9 years old, but looking back I can understand. Although I desperately desired to achieve perfection, I was keenly aware that I fell short. I could not live up to my own standards. I remember being furious at myself out of shame. I could hardly function if I was caught red-handed in any sort of bad behavior.

I realized that God was holy as a result of being raised in a Christian home that taught me such, but also as a result of having an awareness that there was SOME standard I could not live up to. It made sense that that standard would be the Creator of the world. I understood that if God was holy, there had to be a punishment for falling short of that standard. Falling short, or going against His perfect standard is where wrong occurs. Wrong has to be dealt with. In myself, I hated it. I hated that I could not muster up enough oomph to be perfect - even by my own standard.

I felt totally unloveable and unworthy, even as an 8 or 9 year old. I was developing strong self-loathing patterns, deep struggles with shame, and a sincere belief that nobody would want me if they knew how messed up I really was. My mother and father shared with me that the Bible talks about God not only being perfect, but having a solution and explanation for my inability to be perfect. They told me of how God had created mankind out of a desire to have relationship with us and to let us share in His goodness, but that He gave us a choice to serve Him or ourselves. When we chose ourselves, that brought wrong into the world. Because He is holy, He has to punish that wrong. But because He is also gracious and merciful, He sent His only Son - fully God, fully man, to pay the penalty of death for our wrongdoing. His Son lived a perfect life here on earth, according to God’s standard, and then was put to death for the wrongs of the world. Because the Son is also God, he was able to rise from the dead. My parents showed me how He did this to provide a way for people to be forgiven of the wrong that is in them and come back into relationship with God who is holy.

They also explained to me that I had a choice. I could choose to continue to rely on myself and forever fall short of the standard, or I could choose to believe in God’s Son and the work He did in living perfectly, dying for wrong, and rising again. If I believed the former, I would need to take the punishment for wrong upon myself and then would spend eternity separate from relationship with God. If I believed in the latter, God would accept the Son’s payment in my place and I could have right relationship with God and go to heaven when I die.

My mom had had me and my sisters memorize passages of Scripture growing up. Specifically Psalm 139. That really spoke to me as someone who felt like her whole existence was a shameful mistake. Psalm 139 talks about God creating us on purpose, and having plans for us. The idea that God really wanted me, and wanted to even pay for my wrong so that I wouldn’t have to live self-loathing, that meant the world to me. It made me want to be in relationship with God. I saw that if I chose to believe in the Son of God, I would be given grace eternally for the wrong I had done - because He was there to take my punishment.

So I believed that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, really did come and live perfectly and die in my place - taking the punishment for my wrong. I believed that He also rose again from the dead, showing that He could conquer death and therefore has authority to forgive me. So when I believed, it was done. God immediately counted me as perfect and counted my wrong as paid for by Christ. Once I really got it - the idea of Christ being a substitution for me, getting what I deserved, I was sure that it was a done deal.

Believing that I have been forgiven of my wrong eternally has not always meant that I don’t forget it daily. There have been days, even seasons where I have dealt again with the severe self-loathing, the overwhelming desire to be seen as perfect, and the shame of failing. But since having believed in what Christ has done, I have been able to come out of those times through choosing to stand on what the Bible says is true vs. how I feel. If I feel worthless, I remember that God said that He created me with and on purpose and that He wants relationship with me. If I feel shame, I remember that God has counted my wrong as paid for. My life is new now because I have a relationship with God where I believe what He says is true, and He provides comfort and peace.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Claire, I think it was pretty good. Agree that many times we are speaking a language of Christianese that leaves people wondering "What did he/she just say?"

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Christian-eze: terms used within certain circles of Christians that are hard to understand or just very loaded with Christian-specific meanings.

I am doing an experiment to see how capable I am of communicating my story without Christian-eze. Please review, and let me know if any terms were used that you think are vague or need further definition.

I was was always a child who desired to please. I wanted to achieve a standard of perfection - not just in the eyes of my parents, but in my own eyes as well. I am an idealist by personality and so, to me, perfection should have been achievable through effort. I was also aware that the image of perfection was more important to me than true perfection. For instance, I used to lie about brushing my teeth at night. As long as mom thought I was being perfect and I thought I was being smart, I was golden. Not that I processed it at this level when I was 8 or 9 years old, but looking back I can understand. Although I desperately desired to achieve perfection, I was keenly aware that I fell short. I could not live up to my own standards. I remember being furious at myself out of shame. I could hardly function if I was caught red-handed in any sort of bad behavior.

I realized that God was holy as a result of being raised in a Christian home that taught me such, but also as a result of having an awareness that there was SOME standard I could not live up to. It made sense that that standard would be the Creator of the world. I understood that if God was holy, there had to be a punishment for falling short of that standard. Falling short, or going against His perfect standard is where wrong occurs. Wrong has to be dealt with. In myself, I hated it. I hated that I could not muster up enough oomph to be perfect - even by my own standard.

I felt totally unloveable and unworthy, even as an 8 or 9 year old. I was developing strong self-loathing patterns, deep struggles with shame, and a sincere belief that nobody would want me if they knew how messed up I really was. My mother and father shared with me that the Bible talks about God not only being perfect, but having a solution and explanation for my inability to be perfect. They told me of how God had created mankind out of a desire to have relationship with us and to let us share in His goodness, but that He gave us a choice to serve Him or ourselves. When we chose ourselves, that brought wrong into the world. Because He is holy, He has to punish that wrong. But because He is also gracious and merciful, He sent His only Son - fully God, fully man, to pay the penalty of death for our wrongdoing. His Son lived a perfect life here on earth, according to God’s standard, and then was put to death for the wrongs of the world. Because the Son is also God, he was able to rise from the dead. My parents showed me how He did this to provide a way for people to be forgiven of the wrong that is in them and come back into relationship with God who is holy.

They also explained to me that I had a choice. I could choose to continue to rely on myself and forever fall short of the standard, or I could choose to believe in God’s Son and the work He did in living perfectly, dying for wrong, and rising again. If I believed the former, I would need to take the punishment for wrong upon myself and then would spend eternity separate from relationship with God. If I believed in the latter, God would accept the Son’s payment in my place and I could have right relationship with God and go to heaven when I die.

My mom had had me and my sisters memorize passages of Scripture growing up. Specifically Psalm 139. That really spoke to me as someone who felt like her whole existence was a shameful mistake. Psalm 139 talks about God creating us on purpose, and having plans for us. The idea that God really wanted me, and wanted to even pay for my wrong so that I wouldn’t have to live self-loathing, that meant the world to me. It made me want to be in relationship with God. I saw that if I chose to believe in the Son of God, I would be given grace eternally for the wrong I had done - because He was there to take my punishment.

So I believed that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, really did come and live perfectly and die in my place - taking the punishment for my wrong. I believed that He also rose again from the dead, showing that He could conquer death and therefore has authority to forgive me. So when I believed, it was done. God immediately counted me as perfect and counted my wrong as paid for by Christ. Once I really got it - the idea of Christ being a substitution for me, getting what I deserved, I was sure that it was a done deal.

Believing that I have been forgiven of my wrong eternally has not always meant that I don’t forget it daily. There have been days, even seasons where I have dealt again with the severe self-loathing, the overwhelming desire to be seen as perfect, and the shame of failing. But since having believed in what Christ has done, I have been able to come out of those times through choosing to stand on what the Bible says is true vs. how I feel. If I feel worthless, I remember that God said that He created me with and on purpose and that He wants relationship with me. If I feel shame, I remember that God has counted my wrong as paid for. My life is new now because I have a relationship with God where I believe what He says is true, and He provides comfort and peace.

Almost. :) Can you define god and the word holy as it applies to god?

You found out god loves you....who exactly loves you? You feel god is holy....what does that mean?

What about god can we understand in layman's terms that we understand how he is holy without out belief?

You found out god loves you....who exactly loves you? You feel god is holy....what does that mean?

What about god can we understand in layman's terms that we understand how he is holy without out belief?
the closest that i can get to a description of holy is one that puts all others needs before his own.
that would require one to have a perfect understanding of what others actually need first: love built on forgiveness
and then an ever growing imagination that comes as the result of applying that forgiveness
such can be called a sane mind/soul
then the one to pass out the knowledge to fill that soul
then the time given to apply that knowledge
for the sake of others even as the one first did for the first in an ever expanding family
such a one would be god like
when i have reached such imagination then i will explain what exactly is inside of a black hole
and then afterwards perfectly describe god to you
while i would not advise you to hold your breath
i would say to practice patience with others

the closest that i can get to a description of holy is one that puts all others needs before his own.
that would require one to have a perfect understanding of what others actually need first: love built on forgiveness
and then an ever growing imagination that comes as the result of applying that forgiveness
for the sake of others even as the one first did for the first in an ever expanding family
when i have reached such imagination then i will explain what exactly is inside of a black hole

THeLORdJESUs said that anyone that believes on HIm will be able to do the same miracles as He and greater.
have you seen such a person?
brother paul said to imitate himself as he imitates others
paul could do all miracles
have you seen such a person?
you are too hard on yourself
belief is JESUsclassmiracles
seeing that none are doing miracles...raising the dead, walking on water, moving the moon around mars,etc.
then it is more likely all calling themselves christian are insane even as all saying god could not exist are also insane for they have not look around the entire universe to check for one
i want you to have hope in the future
but what is the nature of hope
do you want to die and go to a place you know not
or be translated along with others and not have to sleep in the earth?
the later is true hope
everlasting life

Last edited:
Claire, I think it was pretty good. Agree that many times we are speaking a language of Christianese that leaves people wondering "What did he/she just say?"
those that need your help the most are the same that say what did he say.
speak to them in a language they can understand and then as they come into a greater understanding
then take them higher
a time comes when words are at an end and miracles must begin
that is the true language of THeLORd1JESUs
no building needed
no money required
no dress code enforced
the last to arrive
is first because he made sure none were left behind
for others he suffered the animosity of all that went before him
and had previously forgiven them
all were in that day once insane
but he that was least insane prompted thru his actions THEFATHER to bring that stage of tribulation to an end

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

The first part is still christianeze. What do you mean by "holy one" and how does the "holy one" do anything?

Understanding, forgiveness, love, etc could be interpreted as from god; but, in themselves, they are not. It depends on the person. If going by facts, it's psychological. The brain and mind helps us make sense of a lot of things; and, those things we can't explain but are so profound, we call spiritual. We call what we don't know more important than that we do. Confirmed bias helps with that.

Non-christianeze (and other religious) languages explains jargon in laymans terms. So, holy one, lord, god (of course), incarnation, etc would be words you need to dissect in content and context so it's understood apart from psychology, environment, personal experiences,and biases.

For example, my signature is all poetic. That is the best way I understand god (not christian god/deity). If you asked me to put it in layman's terms, I cannot. God is the "spirit" within not the cause of poetry (life and expression).

It's a good attempt to unchristianize christianity; and; and, I think it is possible. Christianity is so dependent on poetic language, adjectives, and pronouns, that no one gives the definition of the nouns to which adj and pronouns represent.

using webster's definition of holy: characterized by perfection and perfection meaning flawless in all things, then the definition of holy would be sinless
such that can not be applied to a person such as you or i
man did not create himself or to date point to the source of his imaginings
indeed all novation just comes into the physical mind/soul from parts un-known
psychologists have absolutely no explanation for this phenomenon
it is just above their pay grade
here is a key for you to learn how to take god and put him into words any man can understand
all words used by god have a single unique meaning so that the insane man can understand him
there is no such thing as a synonym in the same language
there are words in one language that have the exact same meaning in another language
take the first use of any word in the "Christian" bible and assign to it a single definition
then examine each use of it in the rest of the bible
provided its use in any place implies a different meaning
then the word was in error inserted by some translator in the past
the first example of such a word misused many times after its first use
is the word "if" by god to cain
cain being a tare/child of satan/thereby having an unwilling spirit in his heart
instead of a willing spirit as a wheat
could never have made an offering to god that he would have found acceptable
for cain's heart was not in support of any offering to god
the word "if" has a single meaning now given it: that which is humanly/for a tare impossible
when the word "if" is then later used in regards to a wheat then it is in error
for all things are possible for those wheat/by god being with them
in such cases the correct word should have been "provided"
for that word means that which is humanly/wheat/possible
and in all cases i speak of positive godly things/selfless acts
can a non"christian" as you understand the use of that word, do such things?
of couse
for it is not known to them that watch is what is in their own hearts
for by the spirit of slumber their own willing spirit is asleep
but yet awake enough to place selfless acts in this insane soul as being from parts unknown
and can a tare appear to do the same thing
certainly
but only the uneducated are deceived
hence always look the gift horse in the mouth
check for attached strings
be wise and sort thru yours doubts before accepting anything at face value
now to the more important thing: there are no Christians on earth....yet
Christians can do miracles by having the power to control the attractive and repulsive forces of matter
you are being irritated by insane individuals
do not accept them at face value
i have a person that i have adopted as my brother
his name is paul
he could do all the same miracles as THeLORd1JESUs
he is included in all the "Christian" bibles
he said any man that takes money from the church offering plate and uses it to buy food he then eats, makes his belly the god over him and that man should not be listened to
***how be it all the leaders in the seven churches do this and it is overlooked by them and their congregation?***
simple all are insane and know not what they do
again there are no "Christians" and the seven churches are hollow rotting stumps
was it there was a single thing you should know about me....it is i am working to be the first
Christian
someone that can do JESUsclassmiracles
love you