• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians Have an Excuse for Their Sin?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
jesus said in john 15:22 that since he has come and spoken that there is no excuse for sin.

love covers all sin; so what is the excuse if the bible is the word of god and jesus has spoken??

Kukulkan/Quetzalcoatl is dancing

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I was pretty sure that as long as someone accepted Jesus, they would be sin free.

Acts 16:30-31
30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”(A)

31 They replied, “Believe(B) in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved(C)—you and your household.”(D)

Brian2

Veteran Member
jesus said in john 15:22 that since he has come and spoken that there is no excuse for sin.

love covers all sin; so what is the excuse if the bible is the word of god and jesus has spoken??

Kukulkan/Quetzalcoatl is dancing

John 15:22 is not speaking about Christians sinning. It is speaking about the Jews at the time of Jesus who heard what He had said and seen His miracles. They had no excuse for their sin of rejecting Him and hating Him.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. so what is the excuse if the bible is the word of god and jesus has spoken??
That is a big 'if' to prove.
John 15:22 is not speaking about Christians sinning. It is speaking about the Jews at the time of Jesus who heard what He had said and seen His miracles. They had no excuse for their sin of rejecting Him and hating Him.
Oh, no problem then. I can go on sinning. I have neither heard Jesus speaking nor seen any of his miracles. I do not have any reason to hate Jesus. What he said was Mid-Eastern/Jewish superstition 2000 years ago. Let him be. How does it affect me?

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I was pretty sure that as long as someone accepted Jesus, they would be sin free.

31 They replied, “Believe(B) in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved(C)—you and your household.”(D)

The Bible has lots of different situations on what saves people.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You have the words of Jesus too. The 1st two commandments are the greatest. And the 2nd is like the 1st and dwells on the one ideal. Thou shalt love. Now I have shown you. What is the christian excuse for sin?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

to believe is not equal to idolatry. If Abraham was your father you would have loved me. It all keeps coming back to love. Love is the key.

Brian2

Veteran Member
You have the words of Jesus too. The 1st two commandments are the greatest. And the 2nd is like the 1st and dwells on the one ideal. Thou shalt love. Now I have shown you. What is the christian excuse for sin?

Because we are human and have not yet been perfected.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't know if that is a statement or if it is meant to be an argument.
some can argue anything.

matthew 5:48

jesus was supposedly fully human and perfect

Hebrews 5:9

so then only love/light is good.