• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians and Muslims worship the same Deity?

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

>Do Christians and Muslims worship the same Deity?

Of course!

A mere linguistic difference.

And this is proven by the fact that Arab Christians worship (and pray to) Allah.

Best,

Bruce

maro

muslimah
Booko said:
Oh, you know this yourself from investigating them all?

I didn't investigate them all
and I don't think any one on that forum can do that ( because they r too much)
but I know enough about the origin and the basic beiefs of the most widely spread religions

and u know what
(although it may seem a little biased)
but the one who was born as a muslim , dosen't need to investigate anything else, to find out that
So, basically you don't believe the Qu'ran when it clearly says that Christians and Jews and Sabaens who believe in Allah and the Last Day will have nothing to fear or regret.
this verse applies to those who died before " Muhammed " was sent
u have to know the occasion, for which the verse was sent to reveal its meaning
and it was sent when a christian man who became a muslim asked about his relatives and friends who died before seeing the prophet

Do you believe everything anyone tells you? Or do you take a little time to find out it it's true?

You certainly have enough people here to ask, if you want to find out. We actually live in the West, and would know.

If this person meant to include the US, I'd say that he's pretty much full of beans.
u r right
one must make sure of what he is told from others
but u know what
I already had this idea before, from the american movies
I see earth quakes , volcanos , the the "titanic " drowning , and Mars attacks
and I always wonder (where is God )
if those people really believe in god , why haven't I heard the word God in the movie even for once
why didn't I see a single prayer

but anyway, the one who told me that was a greek orthodox
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

maro

muslimah
Booko said:
They don't even give God different names necessarily.

Arabic-speaking Christians pray to "Allah."

this is not true either
I live in an Arabic country, having coptic christians
and they don't use the word (Allah)

maro

muslimah
Booko said:
You didn't ask me, Genna, but Baha'is don't believe our religion is the last. As long as humanity exists, there will not be a "last" prophet, because we are always growing, and always in need of education. For any beneficient God to leave us in the dark is not very...beneficient.

Just as the ancient religions have passed out of human memory, or sometimes are no more than a name, so our religion will be in time.

God didn't leave us in the dark
he sent his last true messege, and perserved it from being changed or distorted , like what happened before to ( judaism and christianity )
and all we have to do
1) search for the truth sincerely
2) use our minds
3) ask God to help us and guide our hearts
and I am sure that the one who do that
Allah never lets him down
because he is a serious person

and u know what,
if u looked at earth precisely
and see the corruption , opression and suffering which controls people 's lives
u will know that the day of judjement is not too far as u think

maro

muslimah
Booko said:
Probably because he hasn't looked into Islam much.

I found the assertion that Muslims think they get into Paradise via works to be an interesting take.

I hadn't noticed any of y'all giving up on the necessity of faith recently. ;)

we enter paradise with faith in Allah and his last messege to us which is proven by works

If u truely have faith in something, this will show up , with no doubt , in ur life style and works

and u can't claim to have faith in something , when u don't want want to do anything at all , to prove ur faith

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
maro said:
we enter paradise with faith in Allah and his last messege to us which is proven by works

If u truely have faith in something, this will show up , with no doubt , in ur life style and works

and u can't claim to have faith in something , when u don't want want to do anything at all , to prove ur faith

If we have the same God, then why is God's word contrary to Koran teaching in so many ways,Jesus says a house divided amongst itself will not stand.
Why did God send Jesus to die on a cross to save us from our sins if we can earn salvation by our religious practices (works),God's word says it's not by works we are saved , or elsewhere it says we are not justified by the works of the law.

The God of the bible says, Jesus is the way,the truth and life and that only those who have the son have life but those who don't have the Son the wrath of God abides on them and this is how you know you are God's child,those who are led by his Holy Spirit are the Sons of God,we are his not by mere confession of the fact, but that the Holy Spirit witnesses to our Spirit that we are the sons of God,we have a seal as a deposit we are His children.His Spirit testifies with ours we are His. Very simple and convincing to the professing born again believer,it's not a matter of intellectual, scientific or phiolsophical pursuit, but His Spirit telling our Spirit we are his,a powerful and supernatural revelation beyond our understanding to know God is so liberating that I am not out to convince others,it must be sought after and experienced alone.

All the prophets of the bible alluded and spoke about the coming of the messiah =Jesus =Jehovah is salvation" the Christ =the anointed one as coming to redeem the world from sin,they never lifted up there own revelations above the name of Jesus Christ and him crucified.

Jesus is more then a prophet,teacher he is our redeemer,savior who rose from the grave and abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospels.No other has ever rose from the grave,was sinless and defeated death to bring us eternal life.
Without Jesus as the prime focus and the Holy Spirit the power of God manifested on the earth as the central theme you have just another religion.