• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians and Muslims worship the same Deity?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Super Universe said:
This messed up world is a committee effort? I have been to 14 countries and about 40 US states but I do not know the place you describe.

Where I live there are beautiful gardens just outside my door. Birds sing every sunrise. Children laugh on their way to school. Everywhere I look I am surrounded by life, trees that are giant reservoirs of life. Not too far away men live under the freeway, they do not starve because kind strangers help them. Where I live there is so much music that I could never listen to all of it. Artists make unbelievable creations, they invent a new color each day.

I don't know where you live but I wonder why anyone would choose to live there.

That's nice that yu see you overly optmistic world through rose-colored glasses, but take a step back and look at the real world.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
beckysoup61 said:
That's nice that yu see you overly optmistic world through rose-colored glasses, but take a step back and look at the real world.

Why to blame God for what the hands of human beings did?

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Technically they have a main historical focal point, that being Abraham,they also have aspects of faith,but in the same God, Absolutely,not !

Jhn 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
Jhn 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

I think muslims believe and have a concept of a god that is based from and supports there own teachings from Muhumad, that works,discipline,and practices will make god pleased with them.Although they believe in Jesus being a good teacher
They reject that Jesus is the Son of God who came abolished death through the cross and brought life and immortality that only through him do we have life
Jhn 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Jhn 5:23That all [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him

1Jo 2:23Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: [(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also].

Jhn 8:40But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham You do the deeds of your father. Then said to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, [even] God.Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, you would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.Muslim believe in a different God then the Christians
http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/popup.pl?book=Jhn&chapter=8&verse=41&version=kjvhttp://www.blueletterbible.org/tsk_b/Jhn/8/42.htmlhttp://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/c.pl?book=Jhn&chapter=8&verse=42&version=kjvhttp://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/popup.pl?book=Jhn&chapter=8&verse=42&version=kjv
http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/versions.pl?book=Jhn&chapter=8&verse=42&version=kjvhttp://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/d.pl?book=Jhn&chapter=8&verse=42&version=kjv
http://www.blueletterbible.org/cgi-bin/popup.pl?book=Jhn&chapter=8&verse=42&version=kjv

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
beckysoup61 said:
I'm not blaming God, you assumed I did.

I didn't assume that you did. Sorry if my post implied that. I was talking just in general using your post, just trying to make a point which is that life is good if we could just do as God commanded us. :)

c0da

Genna said:
Do Christians and Muslims worship the same Deity? I have heard yes and no, so whats going on?
I always thought they did. Both Christianity and Islam are Abrahamic religions, so are both worshipping the god who spoke to Abraham.

I was talking to a woman who was preaching around Liverpool city centre, and she told me they don't worship the same god. She said that the god Christians worship had a son called Jesus, whereas Muslims don't believe Jesus was the son of god, so therefore, her reasoning was, it cannot be the same god. I told her she was talking rubbish, in more polite terms though.

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
Any Christian who says that Allah isn't the same god that they worship is either stating that out of ignorance or prejudice. At the bottom of page one of this thread I posted a few of the MANY direct Judeo-Christian refrences found within the Qur'an. Like I said in that post, the Qur'an itself was recited to Muhammed by the Arch Angel Gabriel according to Muslim belief, the same mesanger that told Mary she was pregnent with Jesus. The Muslims even believe in the virgin birth of Jesus, unlike those of the Jewish persuasion.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Christianity predates Islam by a fair bit. When Islam hijacked the roots of Christianity and Judaisim, it was very wise to insist on the same "One god", as well as validiting of some parts of the Christian story. Though there are similarities between the Old Testement "god", it does not appear that much was gained through hearing of the New Testement.

Sorry it is a bit hard for me to accept that the same god created two RADICALLY different religions within such a short span of time. If the same god DID create both Christianity (and Judaism earlier), as well as Islam, then that God has a very odd idea on how to "help" mankind. I cannot really think of a better recipie of disaster, and one that sound altogether man-made to me. God can't be this stupid.

Long story short: Same God... yes, in the respect that BOTH are the One true god, but NO as those viewpoints are diametrically opposed. Any suggestion thay are the same god is quite laughable regardless of how well reasoned the arguments sound.

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
We didn't say that God created the religions, man creates religion plain and simple. I would like for you to list for me the ways that Islam and Christianity are RADICALLY differant (aside from the whole Jesus is son of god thing, that makes Christianity radically differant from ALL religions). I'll start with some similarites other then the MANY I've already posted. For one thing, they both have a word that means "holy war".

Genna

Thanks for trying people, but I don't think any one of you has a superior opinion over another. Yes/No, Yes/No, Yes/No! Sorry If caused dissension among the religious ranks here, if there is one!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
The Truth said:
I didn't assume that you did. Sorry if my post implied that. I was talking just in general using your post, just trying to make a point which is that life is good if we could just do as God commanded us. :)

that's a simple enough sentiment, but is that what you percieve God to command us to do? or what i percieve God to command us to do?

many percieve homosexuality to be wrong in the eyes of God, many do not... who is right? should we allow homosexuals to be part of our community? should we not? this, and many other moral properties would need to have final decisions made on them, before we can "just do as God commanded us" - we will never reach firm conclusions on morality.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Genna said:
Thanks for trying people, but I don't think any one of you has a superior opinion over another. Yes/No, Yes/No, Yes/No! Sorry If caused dissension among the religious ranks here, if there is one!

your question is of course based on the assumption that a creator God actually exists, an assumption many would disagree with anyway. do Muslims worship the same God of the Chrisitians? maybe some think they do, maybe some think they don't, what does it matter? i deem it ultimatley irrelivant with regards to how we live our lives, and while it is interesting to discuss and debate the topic, i advise you not to expect to find a clear-cut conclusion that gives an answer beyond all doubt and argument.

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
Mike182 said:
your question is of course based on the assumption that a creator God actually exists, an assumption many would disagree with anyway. do Muslims worship the same God of the Chrisitians? maybe some think they do, maybe some think they don't, what does it matter? i deem it ultimatley irrelivant with regards to how we live our lives, and while it is interesting to discuss and debate the topic, i advise you not to expect to find a clear-cut conclusion that gives an answer beyond all doubt and argument.

These are debate forums, I don't think anyone is here searching for the meaning of life.

Why is the question based on the assumption that a God exists? Muslims, Christians, and Jews worship a god regardless of whether or not he exists.

That said, it seems pretty obvious to me that they worship the same God, just differ in the way they feel he should be worshipped. The only people whom seem to think that it is not the same deity is Christians who seem determined to make Islam their enemy (mostly here in the US where I live). I don't see what the big deal is, seems to me that all religion's have pretty much the same message, its a big world and it takes more then one messanger.

GoldenDragon

I always thought that Judaism,Christianity and Islam worship the same God but gave Him different names,worship to Him differently and view Jesus in a different light while Christianity believes Jesus is the Messiah.Not sure about what Judaism sees Jesus as Question:does Judaism see Jesus as a prophet too?or a teacher?or..someone help me out. Islam believes Jesus was a great prophet but not the Messiah. Question2: is Muhammad suppose to be the Messiah of Islam or a greater prophet than Jesus?

maro

muslimah
Sunstone said:
Near as I can figure it out, Christians and Muslims are like cousins: From the same family, but with some charming differences between them.

actually muslims and christians are not cousins
and they are too far from that

Muslims worship no one but Allah who created the whole universe
and who blessed them with faith
and guided them with his holy miracuolous book , the Quran
and we can dicuss that topic in details ( miracuolous signs of the Quran) which proves the prophecy of Muhammed with no doubt

while christians distorted what their prophet has tol d them
and they made him a God
and invented the (3 in 1) theory, which I can't understand untill now
and unlike Quran' their book is completely wrong
contradicting modern science, contradictindg itself sometimes , and even contradicting common sense other times

Muslims believe that believing in Allah and obeying him is the only way of salvation from hell
because this is the true religion from Allah
and it's not invented or created by people like all other religions

one can't invent his beliefes just to satisfy his deep need for religion and philosphy in life
and he can't invent or create his own way to salvation too

but he must be guided by Allah, his creator
because he is the only one who could guide us through this maze of so many inventions and lies (calling themselves religions)

and actually Islam is the only religion which proved itself to be coming from Allah
and no any other religion did
but even some religions don't even claim that
they just admit they r inventions

and some one told me that most of those who call themselves christians ( especially in the west) r actually atheists
and they never read the bible even for once

GoldenDragon

What about Judaism it came from Allah(Yaweh different name same God)both religions trace their ancestory back to Abraham and Islam's prophet, Muhammad, was inspired by both Judaism and Christianity,so both religions must have been doing something right. While the word "cousin" may not exactly fit maybe not even "step brother" but there is some relationship between Islam and Christianity.