• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Baha'i covert people to their way of thinking?Yes or no?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That's exactly what happened with @Seeker of White Light. I take no responsibility for him becoming a Baha'i, and I believe I speak for all Baha'is here. He did his independent investigation after finding a response in his heart to the words of Baha'u'llah. At least that's the process I perceive.
Correct, i was interested in baha'i faith and asked questions, but the convertion was on me, no push or prozelyting from other baha'is was needed to convert me :)

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Why do you have this blanket aversion towards abrahamic religions? Is there some kind of indoctrination?
No aversion, just observation. I worked in Canada, and am surrounded by great people of the Abrahamic faiths. I do have aversion to certain actions in history, and you probably would too. For example, it is documented that Christians used germ warfare against the indigenous peoples of Canada (in the form of putting smallpox bacteria on blankets they were trading) I imagine you also would object to that sort of thing.
I look at people as individuals. You?

firedragon

Veteran Member
No aversion, just observation. I worked in Canada, and am surrounded by great people of the Abrahamic faiths. I do have aversion to certain actions in history, and you probably would too. For example, it is documented that Christians used germ warfare against the indigenous peoples of Canada (in the form of putting smallpox bacteria on blankets they were trading) I imagine you also would object to that sort of thing.

Lot's of people have done lots of things in the past. There is no point holding them ransom for those things while not inspecting what we have done. This is tribalism. Them vs us. You are not looking at people as "individuals". You are painting a whole colour on this so called "abrahamic faiths" with one brush. You just contradicted yourself.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Lot's of people have done lots of things in the past. There is no point holding them ransom for those things while not inspecting what we have done. This is tribalism. Them vs us. You are not looking at people as "individuals". You are painting a whole colour on this so called "abrahamic faiths" with one brush. You just contradicted yourself.

Irrelevant. Because I am the only individual that matters and if you act differently it is objective existent as ontological existence as really being objectively irrelevant.
Your thinking is not just irrelevant to me. It is with objective reason, logic and evidence according to my universally correct standard and that can't be doubted, because I understand correctly.
Don't you get it. Your post is irrelevant because I can write it and any answer you give is irrelevant, because I am the standard.

That is how the game is done, right? ;) :D

firedragon

Veteran Member
Irrelevant. Because I am the only individual that matters and if you act differently it is objective existent as ontological existence as really being objectively irrelevant.
Your thinking is not just irrelevant to me. It is with objective reason, logic and evidence according to my universally correct standard and that can't be doubted, because I understand correctly.
Don't you get it. Your post is irrelevant because I can write it and any answer you give is irrelevant, because I am the standard.

That is how the game is done, right? ;) :D

Irrelevant.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Irrelevant.

Yeah, you just confirmed that we are individuals for our understanding of how to be individuals, because you did some individual. But that is irrelevant. ;) :D

Attachments

• clear.png
    clear.png
    137 bytes · Views: 0

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
If that's how you see it, so be it. It's really nothing more than a method of categorizing, and it's right here on RF in the way various DIRs and forums are made up.

Bird123

What do you mean "my research study"? YOu mean you have done some research on this topic? Thats fantastic.

What was your sample size and what's the method you applied?

In a time based causal universe, all actions can be seen. The sample size was every action.

When you understand God's actions, you will understand God. Open one door and it leads to more doors.

Eb and Flow of knowledge is a useful tool for understanding things. Example: If I were to build a car, there are things all cars must have, an engine, a way to stop, a way to steer, a place to sit. You get the idea.

The base by which one should not fall below is that everything about God and this world must add up perfectly.

Piece by piece, putting the pieces together, one starts to get a picture of how things are. Still, there is always another door to open. There is always more to Learn and Discover.

There comes a point when the picture is clear, however one still only has Beliefs. Physical proof with the Spiritual involved is hard to come by. On the other hand, when one reaches a certain level of understanding, one might just get a visit from God. At this point God is no longer a Belief. When God confirms much of what one has Discovered, then it is no longer a belief. The Math Does Add Up!!!

In a multilevel classroom, everyone is at a different level of understanding. Sometimes I speak and others have no clue of what I am talking about. Sometimes I speak and it doesn't match what others want to believe.

Each must Discover for themselves. That's why everyone is Living their Lessons!! I do not ask anyone to Believe me. They need to Discover for themselves. I am merely pointing!!!

What anyone else does with truth is entirely up to them. On the other hand, those that see where I am pointing, understand the path. Many are not ready. That's OK. It is important that truth is in the world for those who are ready

Perhaps, the hardest part is Discovering the starting point. No one was pointing for me. On the other hand, wanting to Discover the Real Truth regardless of what that truth might be, is a driving force that keeps one moving forward. I have always been one who must know rather than merely believe or be convinced.

Yes, Research and Discovery take work. This is no 15 minute journey. Maybe that's why so many would rather blindly value beliefs. I will never blindly value beliefs. Beliefs merely point a direction by which one might search for the truth. It is the Start of the journey, not the end!!

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
It's My Birthday!
The actions of individuals in a religion can have no bearing on the original teachings. It is the teachings you should examine, not the hypocrites that don't act on them.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Why do you consider this post funny?

Do Baha'i covert people to their way of thinking?Yes or no?

I would have talked to you in a private conversation, but the system won't let me. I can't even post on your profile.
Sorry to report, I thought it was funny too.

The reason is the first sentence is contradicted by the second sentence.
The Christians forcifully stripped them of their religion and customs. We don't. Whatever is compatible with Baha'i laws, the are encouraged to stay with those.
So, really, Baha'i stripped them of their customs too They stripped them of whatever was incompatible.

Truthseeker

It's My Birthday!
So, really, Baha'i stripped them of their customs too They stripped them of whatever was incompatible.
That's a ridiculous comparison. You know better than that. The Christian stripped them of everything. It is unreasonable to expect that when a person joins a new religion from their previous religion, they would follow any customs that are against Baha'i law or ethics. They can keep the rest.

You have been a reasonable person. I have to assume you didn't understand. Maybe I didn't express myself very well.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
That's a ridiculous comparison. You know better than that. The Christian stripped them of everything. It is unreasonable to expect that when a person joins a new religion from their previous religion, they would follow any customs that are against Baha'i law or ethics. They can keep the rest.

You have been a reasonable person. I have to assume you didn't understand. Maybe I didn't express myself very well.
OK, I went back and reread it. I didn't consider that the Christians stripped them of everything. I understand what you meant now. Thanks for explaining it.

Truthseeker

It's My Birthday!
OK, I went back and reread it. I didn't consider that the Christians stripped them of everything. I understand what you meant now. Thanks for explaining it.
I haven't interacted much with you, but I consider you a friendly and reasonable guy.