• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Baha'i covert people to their way of thinking?Yes or no?

InvestigateTruth

The most damning evidence I found that Baha'is proselytize is the Ruhi Institute. However, I think Baha'is tend to target people who don't already have a religion... Proselytization requires that one is already in a religion. Baha'is tend to target people who don't have one.
Some years ago, I was part of a team that went to the neighborhood and invited them to the Ruhi courses, and we did not consider if they already have a religion or not.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The Bahais teach their Faith teachings, but leave others to choose their own religion. For example we may emphasize on equality of men and women, which is a Bahai teaching startes 150 years ago, but we don't ask people to convert to the Bahai Faith. Whoever has become Bahai, it was on their own choosing.
As it was on every single person who has ever converted from one faith to another, except maybe in the very old days where the choice was death or convert.

InvestigateTruth

As it was on every single person who has ever converted from one faith to another, except maybe in the very old days where the choice was death or convert.
Probably true. I could imagine in old days, even if it was not belief or death, they were still insisting others.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Probably true. I could imagine in old days, even if it was not belief or death, they were still insisting others.

Even when coercion is used, (food, jobs, marriages) ultimately it's still on the person who converts. Many folks do refuse the coercion. Lots of young people who have fallen in love (lust?) with a member of another faith step back if it includes an obligation to convert religions.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Some years ago, I was part of a team that went to the neighborhood and invited them to the Ruhi courses, and we did not consider if they already have a religion or not.
upload_2022-10-13_17-7-45.png

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Do Baha'i covert people to their way of thinking?Yes or no?:)

Bahais cannot convert people. We believe in the investigation of truth so only the individual can decide for him or herself. No one taught me Baha’i. I investigated it myself and asked to join. No one converted me. And I’ve loved every minute of my 45 years as a member.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
We have plenty of friends. And we mix regularly with them Christians and Hindus but we don’t speak about religion to them. We are just great friends. Lately a Hindu friend visited the Baha’i Temple in Sydney and told me about it. So my wife and I just leave her alone and don’t interfere. A priest here too we are good friends. If people want to know more they can read or ask questions.

We have friends for many years and their beliefs are not our concern.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
The official statement appears to be, "we don't convert" "we proudly proclaim to simply engender a feeling of curiosity and response to the word of God in the seeker’s heart"

How Do Baha’is Spread their Faith?

We do not have clergy. Nobody will ask you to join our religion. If you like it good and we’ll and if you don’t like it good and we’ll.

Of course we tell the world about Baha’u’llah and His teachings because the major religions await a Promised One and we announce to them He has come. But they respond to their own behoof. It’s your life, your soul so you decide what to do with it.

we don’t convert people they convert themselves. I joined because I loved it and Baha’u’llah. Others reject it that’s fine. Not my business. Even Baha’u’llah says to think independently for ourselves not believe everything anybody says but check it out.
The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice.

By its aid thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbor.

The Hidden Words
Bahá'u'lláh

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Any humans teaching is meant to be challenged. As all humans are equal.

So I can read the advice. I can see it's the same man's historic mind changed position. Wandering star gain.

Know that men never honoured father's life equal mutuality with mother. By their statements male.

Yet understand why updated advice supports the human historicity of mind changes.

The basic principles are humans first family first governing for mutuality.

If it needs a moral community to advocate then we do. Is the basic advice without being country nation history prejudiced.

Muslims caused Christian prejudice in our past because they tried to rebuild takeover temple pyramid science....is the prejudice today....memory.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
We do not have clergy. Nobody will ask you to join our religion. If you like it good and we’ll and if you don’t like it good and we’ll.

Of course we tell the world about Baha’u’llah and His teachings because the major religions await a Promised One and we announce to them He has come. But they respond to their own behoof. It’s your life, your soul so you decide what to do with it.

we don’t convert people they convert themselves. I joined because I loved it and Baha’u’llah. Others reject it that’s fine. Not my business. Even Baha’u’llah says to think independently for ourselves not believe everything anybody says but check it out.
The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice.

By its aid thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbor.

The Hidden Words
Bahá'u'lláh
ok, thanks for the info.