• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do atheists justify the holocaust of over 6 million Jews because "religion is evil"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronki23

I guess World War 2 was justified because a handful of Jews signed the 1918 armistice (sarcasm). Do atheists really believe a genocide was justified just because 6 million people happened to believe in Yahweh?

I guess World War 2 was justified because a handful of Jews signed the 1918 armistice (sarcasm). Do atheists really believe a genocide was justified just because 6 million people happened to believe in Yahweh?

sideeyes-chloe.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

The holocaust is an example of how religion can be evil. Not the religion of Jews, but the religion of Hitler (who had his own rather distorted view of Christianity) and that action was supported by a "Christian" nation. To make it clear, not all religion is evil but some definitely is.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The only folks who have ever justified the Holocaust were Nazi's and their sycophants.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's a cromulent question.
The answer is....
th

I'll add that so many of the Jews I know are atheists.
And every one of them believes their holocaust was wrong.
I think most of us know this, and I doubt the question was asked sincerely out of ignorance, but with the intent to demean a group of people. But I didn't report it right away, and people can say no if they think it's something that needs to be said.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think most of us know this, and I doubt the question was asked sincerely out of ignorance, but with the intent to demean a group of people. But I didn't report it right away, and people can say no if they think it's something that needs to be said.
Sometimes it's best (even if trolling) to just give a straight (albeit big & loud) answer.
That's better than involving those pesky self-righteous over-sensitive modera......uh....
Never mind.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I don't see the OP getting any traction here and the only harm is to the OP's reputation. Perhaps he or she should ask that the thread be deleted as a bad idea.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hey, back to this issue...
I'd think that poofing a question like the one posed in this thread should partially
hinge upon whether the abused party is offended or not. If we heathens aren't
upset, & some civil conversation ensues, it should remain active.

Status
Not open for further replies.