• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Astronauts reach Heaven?

jonathan180iq

Speaking of dimensions, it's very possible that teleported and ascended can be synonymous. Third dimensionally it appears he teleported, but he ascended fourth dimensionally. If an object is moving on a third dimensional scale, it would appear to "teleport" on the 2nd dimension.

We had better check the original texts. Who knows Hebrew?

idav

Being
Premium Member
It's a very literal understanding. They put the holy place in a part of our world that they thought man would never be able to venture into... whoops.

Which leads me to another note. Where hell is? The bible believes Jesus went into the earth to go to hell.

Ephesians 4:9, “...He also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?”

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
He rose into the Heavens. That's where it ends. That's all of his earthly odyssey. He physically moves on to other planets full of life, repeating the same for each across the universe. Right now he is probably somewhere in our galaxy still, depending on his speed. He could also be still within our solar system as well if he is keeping a constant, slow speed as described when leaving earth. Far beyond our voyagers and such.

That would explain why it is taking him so long to return, and why he couldn't just do it immediately instead of waiting. Because it must be done for all planets in the universe. Not everyone has gotten their salvation yet, and so nobody can have their revelation yet.

Sounds good to me.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Do astronauts reach heaven when they reach space? If not where do the people go when they allegedly rise to heaven?

Is that just a type of mythology based on a complete misunderstanding of "the heavens"?

Do you believe people can rise into heaven in bodily form?

I think most people believe 'heaven' is not physical and physical bodies can not go there.

I think heaven is at a higher vibrational and dimensional level than our physical plane.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I think heaven is at a higher vibrational and dimensional level than our physical plane.

I believe there is a realm where eternity resides but it is actually part of this dimension while at the same time being in a realm outside of time. I always see people say one or the other, it is a little of both.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Do astronauts reach heaven when they reach space?
No.

If not where do the people go when they allegedly rise to heaven?
To Heaven.

Is that just a type of mythology based on a complete misunderstanding of "the heavens"?
I don't think so. I think that the word "heaven" and "heavens" can be used differently, depending upon the context. When we speak of the stars in the heavens, we're talking about stars in the sky. When we (those of us who believe in the Abrahamic God) speak of going to Heaven, we think of it as a real place. We don't believe claim to know where it is, but to us, it can exist even if scientists haven't ever been there.

Absolutely. And I hope I'm right, 'cause there are a few people -- and a lot more animals -- that I can't wait to give a big hug to.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Anything besides imagination that feeds this belief???

I've been trying to explain it to whoever will listen.

Lets try what Harvard has to say.

However black holes are even stranger than that. As you get closer to a black hole, the flow of time slows down, compared to flow of time far from the hole. (According to Einstein's theory, any massive body, including the Earth, produces this effect. Earth's gravity is so weak that the slowing of time is not noticeable, but the effect has been confirmed using sensitive instruments. For example, at sea level you age one-billionth of a second less every year than you would if you lived on top of Mt. Everest.) Near a black hole, the slowing of time is extreme. From the viewpoint of an observer outside the black hole, time stops.

--Universe Forum--Black Holes--What are they?
Time stops equals timeless or etenity, whatever you wanna call it.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Absolutely. And I hope I'm right, 'cause there are a few people -- and a lot more animals -- that I can't wait to give a big hug to.

Where is this place located? Is it on earth following a bodily resurrection?

idav

Being
Premium Member
Where is this place located? Is it on earth following a bodily resurrection?
That is a good question.
No.

To Heaven.

I don't think so. I think that the word "heaven" and "heavens" can be used differently, depending upon the context. When we speak of the stars in the heavens, we're talking about stars in the sky. When we (those of us who believe in the Abrahamic God) speak of going to Heaven, we think of it as a real place. We don't believe claim to know where it is, but to us, it can exist even if scientists haven't ever been there.

Kinda borrowing from Georges question. Isn't heaven supposed to be a renewed earth? A spirit earth if you will?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I have always wondered, though, if it is not even in this dimension or plane of existence, then why is mentioned as being "above" or "in the sky?" In most cultures, heaven is generally seen as "up," (Even though there is no actual "up" for a round Earth.)

The reasons we come up for this are inevitably going to be speculative, but I'll start by pointing out that all mythology is rife with symbolism. The meanings of these symbols are often cultural, and they often derive from the deep emotional responses we have to things as human beings.

Looking at things from the lens of Abrahamic mythos since that is where we see the idea of Heaven, their god-concept is primarily transcendent. The stories they tell posit a division between matter and spirit, the mundane and the sacred. This-world is matter and mundane. Linguistically, when we speak of something being "above" or "higher" it carries connotations of being superior or better. Abrahamic mythos typically considers the spirit/sacred to be above the matter/mundane. Symbolically, it therefore makes sense to conceptualize a spirit-based afterlife as being "above" the material world, as it represents a higher state of being.

The symbolism of "above" and "higher" and the sky extends well beyond Abrahamic mythos and the idea of Heaven, though. But speaking for a moment of those deep emotional responses that often govern the symbolic language mythology uses to talk about the world, I've an experience for you all:

Find a location nearby where you can lay down on the ground and stare up into the sky. There should be minimal distractions in this environment, and the view of the sky should be clear - nothing blocking your view of the sky. If you have skill in meditation, it will help with this experience tremendously, because as you lay down on the ground, you need to clear your mind and set aside the concerns of your mundane life. Just lay there on a nice day and stare up at the sky. Really look at it. Feel it. Pay attention to how it makes you feel.

When you experience that sensation of the sky swallowing you up... when you experience the sheer bigness and greatness of it... you will have gnosis about why sky and up symbolism often is as it is in the mythologies of the world's religions. Even more so if you have the fortune of living in a place without light pollution and can do this same exercise by night.

Aman777

Bible Believer
Do astronauts reach heaven when they reach space? If not where do the people go when they allegedly rise to heaven?

Dear idav, The first "Heaven", made on the 2nd Day, refers to the firmament which totally surrounded Adam's world and protected it from the water which it was placed in. Gen 1:6-8 It was a completely separate World from the present Cosmos which was made on the 3rd Day, along with the 3rd Heaven, Gen 2:4 which is where Jesus has gone to prepare a place for Christians to live AFTER our 2nd Heaven is Burned. ll Peter 3:10 Where will you be when the world is on fire? God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Aman777

Bible Believer

Dear idav, Yes, but our perfect bodies are not flesh and blood. 1Co 15:53 Adam's body was not just flesh and blood, but instead, was like our bodies will be beginning at the Rapture. We will "mount up our wings as Eagles" Isa 40:31 as Adam did BEFORE the Fall, and we will rise to meet Jesus in the Air. 1Th 4:17 I can hardly wait to fly. How bout you? God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
There are multiple heavens and lokas of Divine. In fact many of these have door keepers to Heaven, typically two. In the example of Ravana, who was a Doorkeeper of a Heaven but then descended and left this duty to later become the King of Lanka and Rakshasas, Ravan at the time being the door keeper would block (or attempt to block) illegal aliens.

So, yes, human astronauts may reach one of these Lokas using advanced vimanas or other ships combined with powers, but likely a Door Keeper may check the "boldly go where no man has gone before" advance or be seen as "the enemy at the gate".

Yet I have full confidence one day humans will even get past these Door Keepers. They will bring the dog with them.

first-dog-in-space.jpg

Last edited:

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.

It is a fractal process. So Heaven is many, and can also be sky. Hence, space, is seen as a heaven of sorts.... hence 12 walked the moon.... just as 12 walked with the lord. The true heaven is invisible

outhouse

Atheistically
Time stops equals timeless or etenity, whatever you wanna call it.

No.

That is only a perception.

Because space time on the outside is still running. And we also observe the black hole in its time.

Again it may be. we don't know, a BH may have its own time independent of our time, that does not mean our time has stopped.

You did quite a bit of quote mining but got caught.