• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do any of you have a Microsoft Smartphone?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member

I will probably be upgrading (replacing) my current smartphone, and am thinking perhaps getting a Microsoft Smartphone such as the Nokia Lumia line with WP 8.1 or higher.

When I am on RF, 90% of the time I am using the browser on my current smartphone instead of a pc or laptop. I use the internet a lot via a smartphone, as well as using other mobile apps for activities such as checking investments and brokerage accounts, shopping on eBay and so on. Honestly, the smartphone has become my primary device for most "electronic gadget" activity.

Any advice regarding the Microsoft phone? I want to also use MS Word (actually currently I have an app capable of authoring, editing, viewing, saving and xfering MS Word docs, but it isn't actually MS Word) and Outlook. Anyone already doing that from a MS phone (Nokia line)?

How is the "Microsoft store" as far as mobile apps?

No, I am not a shill for Microsoft, nor trying to promote anything. Just thought there are a lot of members using smartphones and a few may have one of these Nokias.

Thanks in advance.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I dont have a microsoft smart phone but when i bought this one, Samsung, the sales man told be that the windows phone dont last as long. He also said that unless you are primarily using it for MS Word (pp,word,excel,etc) docs, and not multitask, it may crash cause of too much data. Its a new system, so to speak. On test run I guess. From how he put it, Id rather save money and get a tablet and a cheap phone for regular calls. Thats my experience.

If youre in the states, you can ask different stores about their windows phone. Mine is tmobile; so, maybe apple would be better.

I will probably be upgrading (replacing) my current smartphone, and am thinking perhaps getting a Microsoft Smartphone such as the Nokia Lumia line with WP 8.1 or higher.

When I am on RF, 90% of the time I am using the browser on my current smartphone instead of a pc or laptop. I use the internet a lot via a smartphone, as well as using other mobile apps for activities such as checking investments and brokerage accounts, shopping on eBay and so on. Honestly, the smartphone has become my primary device for most "electronic gadget" activity.

Any advice regarding the Microsoft phone? I want to also use MS Word (actually currently I have an app capable of authoring, editing, viewing, saving and xfering MS Word docs, but it isn't actually MS Word) and Outlook. Anyone already doing that from a MS phone (Nokia line)?

How is the "Microsoft store" as far as mobile apps?

No, I am not a shill for Microsoft, nor trying to promote anything. Just thought there are a lot of members using smartphones and a few may have one of these Nokias.

Thanks in advance.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I have a Windows Smartphone. They suck.

Some info for ya.

The good:
  • Fast to boot (good)
  • Facebook -> Text Message integration option so you can reply like a text (good)
The bad:
  • Can't turn it off when you charge
  • Very little in the way of apps
  • Most (free) apps are poor quality
  • Few decent games
  • Facebook is quite fast
  • FB -> text feature can be temperamental (mine doesn't work for example)

It was free though.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Can't turn it off when you charge? What happens when it goes dead? My number one goal is battey life. Sounds like this phone sucks.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Can't turn it off when you charge?
Nope.
What happens when it goes dead?
It goes flat, naturally. When charging while dead, it shows an empty battery charging animation. After a while it turns itself back on.

My number one goal is battey life.
It's got some decent battery life, all things considered. There's an argument over which has the most battery life.

Sounds like this phone sucks.
It ain't the best, but if you just want to Facebook, check emails, and so on it should do - but I'd say that it's probably better to get an Android, personally.