• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do all roads lead to God?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Some roads and paths take longer than others, but in the end I think they all do. What about Aztec and Maya human sacrifice to their gods? Being born as an Aztec or Maya priest who performed human sacrifice may have been the effect of karma. I'm sure that in their lives they wouldn't reach God, but perhaps in future lives, who knows?

RogerTheAtheist

A born-again freethinker
As an added note, indoctrination of any belief surely increases the chances of holding that belief. Even when examining other options, the confirmation bias causes one to focus on evidence that confirms the original view. This is important, because several times I've heard people casually say that they've explored other options, but not only did they probably do little more than read a Wikipedia article for two minutes, but they probably also didn't truly have an open mind.

But what should one consider in the first place? What sounds or feels good? This is what some people might have in mind when imagining a person looking into different religions. For me, one thing is more important than anything else: evidence.

starlite

Texasgirl
Then why is it so cramped? :shrug:

because it is "narrow"... [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Primarily because only a minority want God’s laws and principles to govern their lives. And, only a relative few are prepared to fight wrong desires, peer pressure, and the ridicule that may come their way because of the path they have chosen.[/FONT]

Last edited:

watoca

Yes, but only if we choose to listen. When Jesus appeared to Mark the Jew slayer did not Mark change his ways. Or how about Mary Magdelene: possesed and a High- End Prostitute. Don't Judge people just because to you they have choosen a bad path: PRAY for them.:sad4:

I do believe from what i have read in Gods written word we find that in Noahs day--it proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that all roads do not lead to God, but one road leads to God. Noah a servant of( YHWH) Jehovah-- as was Moses,David,Isaiah,Job,Lot,Daniel, etc-- every one of them served the true God--they all served YHWH(Jehovah) a single being God. So did Jesus-rev 3:12. 1 cor 15:24-28.
Without a single doubt in Gods written word,God never had more than a single religion that was his.Jesus came and started a single religion, united in love and peace worldwide.
The name Jesus taught his true followwers at John 17:6 is YHWH(Jehovah) and at John 17:1-6--Jesus said that his Father( the one who sent him-John 5:30) is the only true God. Paul taught the same at 1 cor 8:6) the trinity translations have been altered to fit catholocism council false teachings.

The name of the Lord is revealed to those who serve the Lord in spirit and in truth by walking in His ways and revering Him.

It is obvious you do not belong to God because whoever belongs to God hears every word God speaks. His name is a mystery to sinners. It is not YHWH or Jehovah or Jesus or Yahweh or anything so simple.

"No one knows the son except the Father and no knows the Father except the son and whomever the sons wishes reveal Him.

The Lords power shall be known to His servants but to His enemies His wrath.

The Lords friendship is with those who revere Him and He makes His covenant known to them."

The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father I too will love Him and reveal myself to him.

I am guessing by the OP you are talking about the Christian God...is it not one path/road in itself, to me you have posted a question and answered it at the same time.
God is a state of spiritual being or attainment which is described differently by many faiths and has many different roads/paths that are culturally and socially significant to those on a particular road/path. So basically IMHO there are many roads to God.

I do believe from what i have read in Gods written word we find that in Noahs day--it proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that all roads do not lead to God, but one road leads to God. Noah a servant of( YHWH) Jehovah-- as was Moses,David,Isaiah,Job,Lot,Daniel, etc-- every one of them served the true God--they all served YHWH(Jehovah) a single being God. So did Jesus-rev 3:12. 1 cor 15:24-28.
Without a single doubt in Gods written word,God never had more than a single religion that was his.Jesus came and started a single religion, united in love and peace worldwide.
The name Jesus taught his true followwers at John 17:6 is YHWH(Jehovah) and at John 17:1-6--Jesus said that his Father( the one who sent him-John 5:30) is the only true God. Paul taught the same at 1 cor 8:6) the trinity translations have been altered to fit catholocism council false teachings.

skinker

No, there is only One Way to the heavenly Father God of Jesus but the reason for this has been thoroughly lost in Pauline Christian tradition because the explanation is astro-theological and Pauline Christianity followed the Jewish priesthoods in condemning associating astrological meaning to Scriptures, both the Jewish and Pauline Christian priesthoods afraid of religious competition from professional astrologers like the Magi.

But the Magi were important enough to be included in the Gospel and for good reason; without knowing the astrological connection between God Most High (Saturn) and the Messiah-Christ-Anointed One found in the Sign of Aquarius where also the Man face of God is found, the Man who has the Living Waters to pour out in baptism ritual consecrating the rightful king or high priest who diligently follows the wisdom and compassion of God Most High in his rulership and treatment of the people, you just can't really understand Jesus Christ's role in acting as the Messianic Humanitarian Model for humankind to learn from and emulate. The Archetype is far older than Christianity or even Judaism.

I will explain more about why there can only be "One Way" to the Father to get to the God of Christianity.

Last edited: