1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do all roads lead to God?

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by kjw47, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Quagmire

Quagmire Imaginary talking monkey
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +19,127
    Religion:
    None
    No, that's what you're doing, in direct contradiction of the evidence.

And you're ignoring it.

What you showed was a complete fabrication. What I showed is that it was a fabrication.

I don't care if you're refusing to see it. All I'm interested in here is countering your misinformation with actual information. You have the right to deceive yourself, but you don't have the right to try and use this place to deceive other people.

Yes, but it didn't contain what you said it did.

So in other words, you didn't bother reading the link I gave you.

The path I see you on is this: you're sitting in front of an old map with a big box of crayons, changing the map anyway you see fit at the moment, and then claiming that all those squiggles and doodles are actually "The word of God" or "Facts of history" and expecting everyone else to just nod along.

What do you get out of this game?

2. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

Actually if you google attack on Jerusalem 66-70ce many sights come up, i read a few of them, i looked at yours as well.

3. Quagmire

Ratings:
    +19,127
    Religion:
    None
    You "looked at it", but you obviously didn't read it (and I don't believe you read any of the others either). Otherwise you would know that everything you say here:

. . . other than the number of casualties that you give, is complete nonsense.

Now, for the umpteenth time I'm challenging you to LINK to an actual site (don't just tell me to go find it myself) that says ANY of the things that you're claiming above.

Off course, you won't even try because you already know it would be a waste of time: no such site exists.

Everything you say in the post I quoted is a lie.

4. Nakosis

Nakosis Time Efficient Lollygagger
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +9,146
    Religion:
    Atheist Libertarian
    Finally, but you did. While I appreciate the input and the clarification and even I'm willing to concede to your points, It's the attitude that bothered me.

Too bad as I really wanted to understand your position better.

5. Quagmire

Ratings:
    +19,127
    Religion:
    None

*puts Nakosis on my "Don't bother with" list*

6. Nakosis

Nakosis Time Efficient Lollygagger
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +9,146
    Religion:
    Atheist Libertarian
    Fair enough, you made that list with your last response.

7. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

It may seem like a lie to you, maybe because you didnt find the total facts out for yourself. Some of the sights say what i showed you had occured as facts of reality. And the jewish religion knows better than anyone what occurred in 66-70 ce.

8. Quagmire

Ratings:
    +19,127
    Religion:
    None
    I "found out the total facts", I explained them to you, and then I showed you a link explaining it all to you.

The only thing I can't do is make you read it.

No, none of them do. Once again: please stop making things up.

Which has what to do with what?

9. Quagmire

Ratings:
    +19,127
    Religion:
    None
    Look kjw47, if you don't know how to post links, don't be embarrassed. Just tell me which links you would like posted here and I'll go get those for you.

10. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

I dont need any links posted, i know the facts. I see from some of your other posts you basically are just looking for trouble or trying to get someones goat to get them into trouble.How did you ever get to be on the staff???????? I showed you what to google if you want to read facts.

11. Quagmire

Ratings:
    +19,127
    Religion:
    None
    Of course you do. :)

My main objective is to keep people like you from spamming the place with a lot of misinformation and mini-sermons.

By not posting a bunch of lies repeatedly, for one thing.

Doesn't work that way. You can't just make a bunch of wild assertions and then tell whoever asks for verification "Screw you, go find it yourself".

And anyway, I showed you the first link that came up when you do Google the search terms you gave me.

Anyway, my main objective in this whole conversation was to show anybody who's watching what you're about, and I think I've more than done that now, or I should say, you did. :)

Have a nice day.

12. kjw47

kjw47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Religion:
    Jehovah' witness

You too Quagmire. If my posts are lies why are they fact of history which anyone who knows what occurred back then will tell you my words are precision.

13. Quagmire

Ratings:
    +19,127
    Religion:
    None
    Ah, yeah, that's one of my favorite games. My turn:

So if Jesus says several times in the Bible that homosexuality is just fine by God, why do people try and use the Bible to condemn homosexuality?

And if it says over and over and over again in that Bible that religion is a sacrilegious, than why did people make a religion out of it?

And if the Bible says over and over and over again that EVERYONE will be saved except for anyone who denies that everyone will be saved, and if we actually have all this in Jesus' own handwriting, how can anybody who denies any of it still claim to be his followers?

And if this is all a lie, then how come it's not?

And I'm not going to bother showing where in the Bible it says any of this. Heck, anybody who's actually read the Bible will tell you the same thing.

But you can believe what you want to believe.

• Like Like x 1
  14. davidthegreek

davidthegreek Active Member

Ratings:
    +9

indeed one road. But it is not a road. It is a state of being called "Godliness". Through Jesus is the safest road. However, without Godliness all paths lead to hell. Now you don't have to be perfect, regardless what people tell you. But you do have to have even the least bit of Godliness in you. If God feels that he can dwell in you. I guess you are safe, no matter where you are coming from.

15. davidthegreek

Ratings:
    +9
    agreed. If God can dwell in you. Then perhaps it's safe to say that you have been a step closer.

16. davidthegreek

Ratings:
    +9
    non canonical.

17. RogerTheAtheist

RogerTheAtheist A born-again freethinker

Ratings:
    +2
    Religion:
    Atheist
    I like to think that intellectual honesty, critical thinking, and understanding of the scientific method lead toward the conclusion that no god has ever met the burden of proof, but theories that explain our origins such as evolution have.

18. Desert Snake

Desert Snake Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +1,697
    Religion:
    Satanism
    I don't know about your first statement, however, yes, the scenery does seem to be different.

19. Falvlun

Falvlun Earthbending Lemur

Ratings:
    +2,315
    I don't think that all paths do, or should, lead to heaven/nirvana/God. But if any of those things exist, I would think it is a bit less exclusive than some religions would have us believe.

Personally, I'm a fan of reincarnation. It just seems to make the most sense, that God or whatever would give people multiple chances to learn as much as they can in order to draw closer to the truth, or whatever its equivalent is.

20. LuisDantas

LuisDantas Aura of atheification

Ratings:
    +15,107
    Religion:
    Advocate of letting go of theism. Buddhist with an emphasis on personal understanding.
    Clarification, please? There are beliefs out there that basically say that we are bound to become in some sense divine given enough lives (the one I have in mind is reincarnationist in a very materialistic sense). But of course that is a very different sense from that of Darwinistic Evolution, although I don't think many of them realize that.