• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do all religions lead to "God"?

Do all religions lead to "God"?

• Yes

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Some are, some are not

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Define 'god' and what constitues 'finding' it. To me Creator is an extention of everything in creation, by simply existing I am part of Creator and Creator is part of me. Vague in its way, but that is the Native concept of 'god'. Thus "god" is found in the workings of mathmatics, the motion of atoms and in the fact that I live.
Suggesting that the search is meaningless and hopeless is consinging oneself to a powerful limitation of mental ablility and the power of wonder/awe.
I find Creator everytime I see a nice sunset, or watch a bird fly by, or learn a new scientific discovery. Life without wonder and awe would be a sad life IMHO.

wa:do

robtex

Veteran Member
what you are describing is evidence of God no? you are saying God as the sun moon wind and rain as opposed to nature as such created by him. If the creator is the creation and you are created than you are God too by that logic.

To answer your question finding is the act of using one of the 5 senses endowed to us to make a dedcution with the amount of information recieved. The other question..what is God...can't fully answer it without specualation unless it is found.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Yes, by that logic I am Creator, or at lest we are a part of each other. In my faith Creator can not be 'unbundled' from the whole of Creation, it is the sum of the parts as much as it is the 'cause'. Creator in my faith is not 'unnatural' or 'supernatural' it is the very function of 'nature'.

wa:do

croak

Trickster
You know, Allah told Musa (as), when he asked if he could see Him, that if this mountain stays in its place, you shall see Me. So, that would be a great thing, being able to see Allah, right? Well, the mountain couldn't withstand His Power, of course, and crumbled to dust. Meanwhile, Musa (as) was knocked unconcious. This is why we cannot see Him. He is just too powerful.

croak

Trickster
robtex, I've been meaning to ask you: Do you like Mad magazine? Because your avatar has the face of the character in Mad.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Curtis said:
I have been a casual observer of this religious forum website for about three weeks now. There is a theme that tends to repeat itself over and over again in all of the postings. When a religion is attacked, it is usually Christianity. The deity of Christ is always questioned. The authority of the Bible is under attack. No one ever mentions the other religions in a negative light. Why does this happen? Because Jesus said it would happen.
What, Jesus said,'Get ye unto RF and people will pick **** out of you.'?
Plenty of people have negative things to say about other religions...quite often ending with things like,"You may not believe, but one day you WILL bow. It's not a question of IF but of WHEN...". There are also some veiled references to spending a long time in a very hot place, and a very definite judgement that not only is the speaker right in their beliefs, but the other person is not only wrong but also in need of saving from their own stupidity.
The reason why people have a lot to say to the Christians about all the things you mentioned is because - and those Christians who are not like this, you know who you are and I'm not referring to you - they lack tolerance for anyone elses religion.
On the subject of the authority of the bible: all religions have a mythology, most religious mythologies - including Christianity - follow similar themes (including ressurection). The difference being that no-one else is claiming a creation myth - for instance that the universe was sneezed out of the nose of the Great Green Arkleseizure - as a statement of fact based purely on the fact that someone thought to write it down instead of leaving it to oral tradition.
"The Big Book of Books is right and all you people that are too stupid or Satan addled to realise it need to be whacked over the head with it repeatedly until you wake up to yourselves."
You don't see the Pagans out pinning people down and trying to ram the left antler of the Horned God into their ears in an effort to prove that their beliefs are the one true way, which could account for the relative lack of attacks on the Pagan religions. I've yet to see any Buddhists tell anyone that they're going to hell for not being Buddhist, either.
You'll probably find if you look a little closer that it's particular people that invite most of the nasty confrontations.