• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do all animals go to Heaven?

lostwanderingsoul

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Interesting verse... This verse says that that not even the Son of man (who came down from heaven) ascended to heaven, so that means that Jesus did not ascend to heaven in the clouds as Christians believe. Nobody ascends up to heaven. All bodies die and after that their souls go to a spiritual world, which is comprised of many mansions, representing many different spheres which house those who are at various levels of spiritual development. The higher spiritual spheres can be considered heaven, the lowest sphere is hell.

The Son of man came down from heaven, which means he came from the heaven of the Will of God. His soul existed in heaven before His body was born into this world. His soul was sent by God to unite with His body and He was then born from the womb of Mary.
i am afraid you are not reading it right. Where it says "but he who came down from heaven" is saying that no one EXCEPT Jesus has ascended into heaven. But it still means that no one else has ascended to heaven.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
i am afraid you are not reading it right. Where it says "but he who came down from heaven" is saying that no one EXCEPT Jesus has ascended into heaven. But it still means that no one else has ascended to heaven.
John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
That verse says that no man has ascended up to heaven.
That verse says that even the Son of man which is in heaven did not ascend up to heaven.
That verse says that He that came down from heaven was Jesus.

But that does not mean that no man goes to heaven. Where else do you think you would go when you die?

lostwanderingsoul

That verse says that no man has ascended up to heaven.
That verse says that even the Son of man which is in heaven did not ascend up to heaven.
That verse says that He that came down from heaven was Jesus.

But that does not mean that no man goes to heaven. Where else do you think you would go when you die?
Well again the word "but" means "except". No man has ascended into heaven EXCEPT he that came down from heaven. I think it is very clear that "no man has ascended into heaven" means just what it says. Some people just do not get it. Where do people go when they die? That would take a long explanation but it is not heaven. Jesus is going to rule over God's kingdom on earth and that is where most people will wind up.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Well again the word "but" means "except". No man has ascended into heaven EXCEPT he that came down from heaven. I think it is very clear that "no man has ascended into heaven" means just what it says. Some people just do not get it. Where do people go when they die? That would take a long explanation but it is not heaven. Jesus is going to rule over God's kingdom on earth and that is where most people will wind up.
I am quite sure that there are other verses in the Bible that say that people go to heaven. Are you going to base all of your eternity upon one Bible verse? What are the many mansions in heaven for if nobody lives in them? o_O

How can most people live forever on earth, unless people die and no babies are ever born?

Jesus is not coming back to rule the earth. Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world and that His kingdom is not of this world, so why do Christians still believe that Jesus is coming back. o_O On the cross He said "it's been done." There is no more work for Jesus to do here on earth. He is up in heaven and from there He can affect this world below, kind of like an air traffic controller. ;)

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

lostwanderingsoul

I am quite sure that there are other verses in the Bible that say that people go to heaven. Are you going to base all of your eternity upon one Bible verse? What are the many mansions in heaven for if nobody lives in them? o_O

How can most people live forever on earth, unless people die and no babies are ever born?

Jesus is not coming back to rule the earth. Jesus said His work was finished here and He was no more in the world and that His kingdom is not of this world, so why do Christians still believe that Jesus is coming back. o_O On the cross He said "it's been done." There is no more work for Jesus to do here on earth. He is up in heaven and from there He can affect this world below, kind of like an air traffic controller. ;)

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
Sorry, but I cannot give a complete explanation of everything to a non believer. Study and pray for understanding. Just realize that most people who claim to be Christian do not really believe the things that Jesus said and taught. I will say just one thing. Heaven is a spiritual place not a physical one. There are no physical mansions in Heaven.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Sorry, but I cannot give a complete explanation of everything to a non believer. Study and pray for understanding. Just realize that most people who claim to be Christian do not really believe the things that Jesus said and taught. I will say just one thing. Heaven is a spiritual place not a physical one. There are no physical mansions in Heaven.
I am not a nonbeliever. I am a Baha'i so I believe in God....

I know that most people who claim to be Christian do not really believe the things that Jesus said and taught. However, Jesus never taught that physical bodies would rise from graves and live on earth . Christians believe that because of what Paul wrote. However, in 1 Corinthians 15:12-22, Paul was referring to a spiritual resurrection, not a physical one. In John 5:28-29 Jesus was referring to a resurrection into spiritual life, not to bodies rising from graves.

I know that heaven is not a physical place. It is not a place at all. It is a spiritual state of the soul. The mansions are symbolic for the different levels of spiritual development to which people attain, they are not places. There is a spiritual world as we call it but it is not really separate from this world, it is within this world. This is not something we can understand while we are still alive in our physical body in the physical world, it is not something God intended for us to fully understand until we die.

“The nature of the soul after death can never be described, nor is it meet and permissible to reveal its whole character to the eyes of men.........
The world beyond is as different from this world as this world is different from that of the child while still in the womb of its mother. When the soul attaineth the Presence of God, it will assume the form that best befitteth its immortality and is worthy of its celestial habitation.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 156-157

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
If a god creates all live including all animals (humans being one of those animals) and also has a heaven to go to, do all animals (and plants for that matter) go to heaven? I know many people who have pets that believe they have souls and believe that they will meet their pets in heaven.

Well, if human beings will meet their parents in Heaven, then by recursion, I expect to see souls of old fishes playing harp with us.

Ciao

- viole

Tanner

Well we know that we are created as spirits before we came to the earth

If we turn to the scriptures, we read in Revelation 5:13, "And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever."

So we can see that every creature has glory and are unto the Savior forever and ever. We can indicate that there may be some animals in the heavenly thrones above. Alma 40:23 states in reference to resurrection, "The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame."

What these verses teach is that because of Jesus Christ, we are all saved from temporal death and will be resurrected. Alma 11:42 states, "Now, there is a death which is called a temporal death; and the death of Christ shall loose the bands of this temporal death, that all shall be raised from this temporal death." The greatest peace and comfort to me is knowing that when I die, I will have my body restored. Regardless of what you have done, Christ has saved you from physical death. However, God has placed on the earth to see if we will follow His plan. We are told countless times by the prophets and throughout the scriptures that we must keep His commandments, have faith in Jesus Christ, repent, get baptized, receive the Holy Ghost, and follow Christ for the rest of our lives. I know that Christ lives and Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us. If we have doubts in your faith, pray to the Father in the name of Christ. Pour out your whole soul to Him and you will be comforted. I can also testify that the Lord has placed a prophet on the earth today, Russell M. Nelson, and the Lord is hastening His work before His Second Coming. I am a witness that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, I have drawn closer to Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father by reading it daily. I also testify the Bible is the word of God and the Bible and Book of Mormon complete and complement one another. I have received this witness from the Lord, through His Holy Spirit. If you love learning about Christ, you'll love the Book of Mormon. The book is free and available to anyone who would like to read it.

Some further information:
Do animals have spirits? What happens to them after they die? - new-era
Resurrection
Spirit World
worshipwithus.org

Bear Wild

If we turn to the scriptures, we read in Revelation 5:13, "And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever."

So we can see that every creature has glory and are unto the Savior forever and ever. We can indicate that there may be some animals in the heavenly thrones above. Alma 40:23 states in reference to resurrection, "The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame."

What these verses teach is that because of Jesus Christ, we are all saved from temporal death and will be resurrected. Alma 11:42 states, "Now, there is a death which is called a temporal death; and the death of Christ shall loose the bands of this temporal death, that all shall be raised from this temporal death." The greatest peace and comfort to me is knowing that when I die, I will have my body restored. Regardless of what you have done, Christ has saved you from physical death. However, God has placed on the earth to see if we will follow His plan. We are told countless times by the prophets and throughout the scriptures that we must keep His commandments, have faith in Jesus Christ, repent, get baptized, receive the Holy Ghost, and follow Christ for the rest of our lives. I know that Christ lives and Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us. If we have doubts in your faith, pray to the Father in the name of Christ. Pour out your whole soul to Him and you will be comforted. I can also testify that the Lord has placed a prophet on the earth today, Russell M. Nelson, and the Lord is hastening His work before His Second Coming. I am a witness that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, I have drawn closer to Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father by reading it daily. I also testify the Bible is the word of God and the Bible and Book of Mormon complete and complement one another. I have received this witness from the Lord, through His Holy Spirit. If you love learning about Christ, you'll love the Book of Mormon. The book is free and available to anyone who would like to read it.

Resurrection
Spirit World
worshipwithus.org
Which animals will be at the heavenly throne? Thanks for the offer of the book of Mormon, already read it and do not agree with it, but I am glad you like it.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

Resurrection
Spirit World
worshipwithus.org
Hello, Tanner. Welcome to RF from a fellow Latter-day Saint. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Just a word of advice from someone who's spent thirteen-and-a-half years hanging around this forum: I can tell that you're really on fire about the gospel, which is fine. Just remember that there are only a couple of things that will get you banned from the forum -- one of them is proselytizing. I'm not saying you're doing this; I just sense that you're going to have to really rein it in or risk not being allowed to stick around.

You also clearly love animals, as do I. Right now, I have two dogs and two cats, and it is my honor and pleasure to do everything I can to help them "fill the measure of their creation and have joy therein."