• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Al Qaeda and ISIS support the Palestinian cause?

ronki23

American support of Israel against Palestine was THE reason for ALL of Al Qaeda's attacks on US interests. It was easier to simply dismiss them as crazy and evil and "hating our freedom" rather than actually discussing their motivations.

You don't have to side with terrorism to support Palestinians.

Besides, there's plenty more than enough of evil on Israel's side.

So we (The West) are wrong to support Israel; after all the Irgun and other Zionist groups were responsible for terrorist attacks and they exceeded their immigration quotas. So many Palestinians lost their homes.

I hate terrorism of any religion

Anthem

They = AQ and ISIS.

For extremists anything which divides the Ummah is bad as they should be living in a pan-Islamic Caliphate so supporting a nationalist independence movement does not chime with their ideology.
I don't know if it's about nationalism (could be, I dont know) but I understand they dislike governing that isn't like "staright from Allah" so any kind of an attempt of modern democracy just turns them off.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
So we (The West) are wrong to support Israel; after all the Irgun and other Zionist groups were responsible for terrorist attacks and they exceeded their immigration quotas. So many Palestinians lost their homes.

I never said we are wrong to support Israel. I never made any suggestion about right and wrong. I merely explained al Qaeda's motivation. I didn't say I agreed with it

Anthem

Depends on what you mean by supporting. Being pro-Israel so to speak is outragous. But to not be so you don't have to be "anti-Israel".

Anthem

I can't find support on the claim Al-Qaeda was attacking IS because of Palestine. They have various reasons.

Kangaroo Feathers

I thought Al Qaeda had a motive to create an Islamic super-state?
You think groups like that can only have one agenda they're working on? I was talking about their motive for attacking American interests, that was not intended as an exhaustive summary of their aims and interests.

Anthem

You think groups like that can only have one agenda they're working on? I was talking about their motive for attacking American interests, that was not intended as an exhaustive summary of their aims and interests.
But really come on, they want the western influence out of the middle east altogether and they want to spread to asia. Paleatine is just a side note

Kangaroo Feathers

But really come on, they want the western influence out of the middle east altogether and they want to spread to asia. Paleatine is just a side note
Palestine is why they attacked American interests. That's all I was saying. I'm not denying they have other interests.