• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Al Qaeda and ISIS support the Palestinian cause?

Shad

Veteran Member

ronki23

Abu Anas al Shami and Abdullah Yousef Assam are both Palestinian members of Al Qaeda.

But according to Wikipedia Palestinian Islamic Jihad doesn't get along with Hamas? Hamas are just as bad as Al Qaeda so why does ISIS dislike Hamas and Al Qaeda. Don't give the excuse only ISIS go after civilians because Hamas hide in schools and hospitals and Al Qaeda carried out 9/11, 7/7 and the Luxor Massacre

ronki23

I'm bumping this because I want to support Palestine but I can't because then I'd be siding with terrorism (Abu Anas al Shami and Abdullah Yousef Assam are both Palestinian members of Al Qaeda).

There's even a Palestinian branch of ISIL.

Israel was wrong to expand it's borders and throw out it's Palestinians but I can't justify the evil deeds of Al Qaeda, ISIL and even Hamas.

Anthem

is this one of the reasons Palestine is seen as bad by the West?
Everything affects everything, but I would say no.
People say bin Laden was spreading propaganda and doesn't care about the Palestinians but Abdullah Yousef Assam was a Palestinian senior member of Al Qaeda and Al Qaeda have said before in their manifesto they want to liberate Palestine.
All people have priorities. A lot of muslims are upset about palestine because the Palestinians are "one of them".

For some reason ISIS dislikes Hamas
They have different goals. Hamas is a not nearly as radical or barbaric.

Anthem

What would the Palestinian cause even be, anyway?

To which extent, if at all, does it go beyond simply hating and blaming Israel and "the West" for anything that strikes their fancy and massaging their egos with that hatred?

Sure, there is talk about establishing a Palestinian country. But countries are just conventions. What would actually change with such a country? Would it even be a good thing?

Read a book?

Anthem

Abu Anas al Shami and Abdullah Yousef Assam are both Palestinian members of Al Qaeda.

But according to Wikipedia Palestinian Islamic Jihad doesn't get along with Hamas? Hamas are just as bad as Al Qaeda so why does ISIS dislike Hamas and Al Qaeda. Don't give the excuse only ISIS go after civilians because Hamas hide in schools and hospitals and Al Qaeda carried out 9/11, 7/7 and the Luxor Massacre
Also a lot of other terrorist oragnisations are supported by Iran but Iran is against ISIS.

Anthem

I'm bumping this because I want to support Palestine but I can't because then I'd be siding with terrorism (Abu Anas al Shami and Abdullah Yousef Assam are both Palestinian members of Al Qaeda).

There's even a Palestinian branch of ISIL.

Israel was wrong to expand it's borders and throw out it's Palestinians but I can't justify the evil deeds of Al Qaeda, ISIL and even Hamas.
You don't have to side with terrorism to support Palestinians.

Besides, there's plenty more than enough of evil on Israel's side.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
is this one of the reasons Palestine is seen as bad by the West? People say bin Laden was spreading propaganda and doesn't care about the Palestinians but Abdullah Yousef Assam was a Palestinian senior member of Al Qaeda and Al Qaeda have said before in their manifesto they want to liberate Palestine.

For some reason ISIS dislikes Hamas

I'm pro Palestinian but anti Hamas. I'm definitely against ISIS and Al Qaeda
American support of Israel against Palestine was THE reason for ALL of Al Qaeda's attacks on US interests. It was easier to simply dismiss them as crazy and evil and "hating our freedom" rather than actually discussing their motivations.

Kangaroo Feathers

Also a lot of other terrorist oragnisations are supported by Iran but Iran is against ISIS.
Trying to work out Middle Eastern loyalties and enmities is extremely difficult in the Western "goodies vs. baddies" dichotomous paradigm. Even the more nuanced "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is of limited use. It's also important to remember when discussing these issues pertaining to the Middle East, especially the non-state actors, that just because two players were allies yesterday, is not necessarily reason to expect them to be allies tomorrow, and ditto enemies.

Kangaroo Feathers

Just dig. You' find plenty of evidence. something like this
Declassified Documents: Obama Ordered CIA To Train ISIS
While ISIS was certainly ASSISTED by Western powers at certain stages, that's not the same thing as claiming that ISIS IS the CIA. Also, as noted, even if the CIA and ISIS had a working relationship at one time, that does not mean they have a working relationship now. Middle Eastern loyalties and alliances are about as stable as sand dunes.

Anthem

Trying to work out Middle Eastern loyalties and enmities is extremely difficult in the Western "goodies vs. baddies" dichotomous paradigm. Even the more nuanced "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is of limited use. It's also important to remember when discussing these issues pertaining to the Middle East, especially the non-state actors, that just because two players were allies yesterday, is not necessarily reason to expect them to be allies tomorrow, and ditto enemies.
What's your point?

haram you mean by Islam? Who they?

They = AQ and ISIS.

For extremists anything which divides the Ummah is bad as they should be living in a pan-Islamic Caliphate so supporting a nationalist independence movement does not chime with their ideology.