• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Al Qaeda and ISIS support the Palestinian cause?

ronki23

is this one of the reasons Palestine is seen as bad by the West? People say bin Laden was spreading propaganda and doesn't care about the Palestinians but Abdullah Yousef Assam was a Palestinian senior member of Al Qaeda and Al Qaeda have said before in their manifesto they want to liberate Palestine.

For some reason ISIS dislikes Hamas

I'm pro Palestinian but anti Hamas. I'm definitely against ISIS and Al Qaeda

socharlie

is this one of the reasons Palestine is seen as bad by the West? People say bin Laden was spreading propaganda and doesn't care about the Palestinians but Abdullah Yousef Assam was a Palestinian senior member of Al Qaeda and Al Qaeda have said before in their manifesto they want to liberate Palestine.

Al Q. and ISIS are CIA.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm not sure about Al-Qaeda but Daesh is literally a doomsday cult that is trying to fulfill their interpretations of prophecies to bring about the end of the world. So I doubt they care about Palestinian statehood. They do want to "cleanse" the Muslim world of "impurity" and bring them under their leadership, but they probably don't care about individual nationalist causes. They will play upon thr strife for their own gain, though, such as by encouraging attacks on Jews. But I really doubt they truly care about the Palestinians.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Ames

I think they are radical offshoots from the Muslim world, a result of decades of oppression.
If any group of people are oppressed long enough, there will be some in the group that will become militant.
The evil emanating from these groups did not originate in a vacuum.

Nationalism is haram for fundamentalists, so they do not support Palestinian Nationalism.

They do support the reconquest of Israel though as part of broader pan-Islamic agenda.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
What would the Palestinian cause even be, anyway?

To which extent, if at all, does it go beyond simply hating and blaming Israel and "the West" for anything that strikes their fancy and massaging their egos with that hatred?

Sure, there is talk about establishing a Palestinian country. But countries are just conventions. What would actually change with such a country? Would it even be a good thing?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I think they are radical offshoots from the Muslim world, a result of decades of oppression.
If any group of people are oppressed long enough, there will be some in the group that will become militant.
The evil emanating from these groups did not originate in a vacuum.
I thought so at one point.

But now I wonder if it is not far more accurate to blame the rampant militarism and supremacism of the Qur'an than this supposed oppression that somehow translated into the war of 1947 and the current levels of hatred towards Israel.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Anyone who claims that the MSM is "fake news" doesn't know what they're talking about because "MSM" is a blanket term that stereotypes what most people read and/or watch, and we well know that they certainly don't always match.

The solution is to read and/or watch multiple news sources, including those that one may not even like.

socharlie

Anyone who claims that the MSM is "fake news" doesn't know what they're talking about because "MSM" is a blanket term that stereotypes what most people read and/or watch, and we well know that they certainly don't always match.

The solution is to read and/or watch multiple news sources, including those that one may not even like.
I know what they are and do not patronize their work, they became what press was in the former USSR.