• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do ahadith contain possible historical faithful snippets of Quran interpretation?

danieldemol

Premium Member
As a non-Muslim, I think even though hadith can't be traced with certainty back to Muhammad, they are still worthy of exploration.

Reason being is because in my opinion they demonstrate ways in which faithful Muslims interpreted certain verses of the Quran at the point in history at which they were recorded, or at least contain ways in which certain of the Quran verses were interpreted.

So since there is no "true" interpretation of the Quran owing to the books inherent ambiguity/use of dual words etc, we can see these as possible interpretations which historically eventuated.

It would then seem incumbent upon an omniscient omnipotent being to compose a book which foresaw these interpretations, some of which are admittedly unbeneficial to humanity, and provide greater clarification of its meaning in the text, in particular where these interpretations would come to constitute major views of Muslims living at that time (or constituting the interpretation/views of significant numbers of Muslims).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
People's ability to read what they want to read means that nothing, no matter how clear, won't be misinterpreted. We had an insurrection in the Capitol building not too long ago that was on nationwide TV and people are denying it happened or lying about what went on.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
We had an insurrection in the Capitol building not too long ago that was on nationwide TV and people are denying it happened or lying about what went on.
That is a good example of the danger of "fake news", and clearly demonstrates the value of "speaking truth", and what "lies" lead to

stvdv

Do ahadith contain possible historical faithful snippets of Quran interpretation?
As a non-Muslim, I think even though hadith can't be traced with certainty back to Muhammad, they are still worthy of exploration.
Question: Is it true that ahadith is plural and hadith is not? I ask, because you use both above, and refer to hadith with they.

stvdv

Remembering how much I enjoyed to read about the history of Sai Baba, I can imagine that Muslims enjoy to read hadith, about Muhammad

For me it helps to develop feeling and love towards my Master, God. And it develops compassion, understanding

danieldemol

Premium Member

Question: Is it true that ahadith is plural and hadith is not? I ask, because you use both above, and refer to hadith with they.
I think you're correct but I'm not sure.

InvestigateTruth

Reason being is because in my opinion they demonstrate ways in which faithful Muslims interpreted certain verses of the Quran at the point in history at which they were recorded, or at least contain ways in which certain of the Quran verses were interpreted.

So since there is no "true" interpretation of the Quran owing to the books inherent ambiguity/use of dual words etc, we can see these as possible interpretations which historically eventuated.

It would then seem incumbent upon an omniscient omnipotent being to compose a book which foresaw these interpretations, some of which are admittedly unbeneficial to humanity, and provide greater clarification of its meaning in the text, in particular where these interpretations would come to constitute major views of Muslims living at that time (or constituting the interpretation/views of significant numbers of Muslims).
I think what Bahaullah said about corruption of Bible, is more or less applicable to Hadith as well.

Can a man who believed in the Prophet, alter or corrupt His words?

My take is, since there were Faithful Muslims from beginning who believed the words of Prophet are holy, and a guidance from God, they must care to memorize and transmit them accurately.
For this reason, my take is, almost all Hadithes are authentic. There are minor inaccuracies which is more result of unintentional memorization errors.