• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DNC Gutted...

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Embattled DNC asks all staffers for resignation letters

"It began with accusations that the DNC favored Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary, continued with the wrenching exposure of hacked emails and the abrupt resignation of former chair, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and concluded with the shocking defeat of its presidential nominee and a divisive race for the new party chairman.

The grueling experience, which followed years in which many Democrats felt the Obama White House ignored the party organization, has left the DNC with a crisis of confidence and competence."

Anyway, just sort of sharing something I found. I think it might be a good thing for the DNC, honestly.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Embattled DNC asks all staffers for resignation letters

"It began with accusations that the DNC favored Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary, continued with the wrenching exposure of hacked emails and the abrupt resignation of former chair, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and concluded with the shocking defeat of its presidential nominee and a divisive race for the new party chairman.

The grueling experience, which followed years in which many Democrats felt the Obama White House ignored the party organization, has left the DNC with a crisis of confidence and competence."

Anyway, just sort of sharing something I found. I think it might be a good thing for the DNC, honestly.
I agree, the incompetence displayed during the last election cycle can't happen again.The Democratic voters wanted one candidate and they got another. Sprinkle in the other events and you get the picture.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
nyway, just sort of sharing something I found. I think it might be a good thing for the DNC, honestly.
This totally works for me.
If they can't beat Trump they are pretty pathetic. I hope the disaster that Trump is shaping up to be results in similar shaking up at the RNC. Both parties need a thorough chlorine bleach enema.
And I hope other parties use this disarray to make some gains. I would love to see the USA wind up with a more parliamentary political system.

Tom

Last edited:

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Over the last few years, the Democrats have consistently lost party affiliation--and organization--in rural areas while the GOP has worked to build its structure at all levels. The Repubs now dominate the governorships and legislatures of most states, and local government almost everywhere except urban areas. In most states, the GOP controls redistricting, and recently, there have been moves to strip local governments (meaning, the Democratic-leaning urban centers) of their powers. And Trump, and others, have vowed to have America a single-party nation shortly...although we've just seen that a single party can be just as ineffective as two parties.

Welcome to what one-party government looks like...

David T

Premium Member
Breathe fellow democrats!! Its not the end of the world as we know it!! It's but a new begining. On election night, 51% were so depressed they wanted to move to canada, 49% were so estatic manic they all thought they had just been elected President. For people like that we subscribe medication and lots of serious therapy. That's why I say breathe the mentally ill always forget to breathe. So the bi polarity is rather predictable, lots of finger pointing for failure or back slapping for success. One panties success has lead to a favorable rating of 36% for the winner after 2 months. Historical low!!! Democrats might work a bit harder to consider micbigan, Ohio rust belt regions and working folks outside popular urban areas, you know like detroit, Pittsburgh, etc. A really ignored part and if you look at the map all former supporters of democrats. Democrats have the urbane sucessful, and it risks being a bit irrelevant if its not aware other peoples jobs and lives can be affected besides what is great for cities. If its not inclusive its facism of the left which is as annoying as facism of the right.

von bek

I strongly agree with those here who have said the Democrats need to work on their messaging to rural voters. Rural does not have to equal reactionary. There is a winning progressive platform that can be brought to these areas.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just make sure all of you in the Big Two run candidates which inspire me to vote Libertarian.
Do not give me another Trump v Hillary choice!

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Just make sure all of you in the Big Two run candidates which inspire me to vote Libertarian.
Do not give me another Trump v Hillary choice!
Of all the small parties, Libertarian party seems best positioned to take advantage of the current hot mess. Do you see any hopeful signs of that?
Tom

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I strongly agree with those here who have said the Democrats need to work on their messaging to rural voters. Rural does not have to equal reactionary. There is a winning progressive platform that can be brought to these areas.
Yes, can be; fact, hasn't been very well over the past 30 years...

Organization is key. 40 years ago my county was about equally balanced on the county board, in the major city and small towns, etc., between Dems and GOPs. Today, the Dems can't even field candidates for most offices. Not that there aren't enough moderate or even liberal voters, but that the Dems didn't work on recruiting and development and eventually had no one willing to run as candidates for almost ANY office, while the Repubs did. Now, that might change in a few years here, you never know...but right now, it's a one-party county. And once there's an incumbent in office (either way) there often is never a choice from the other side until the seat comes open through death or retirement.

In my precinct, I haven't had a contested race for state house or senate in 15 years, and most US house elections feature a GOP candidate and at best a sacrificial Dem candidate. The township "races" aren't even that: someone dies or quits and someone is appoint, becomes the incumbent, and gets elected because no one challenges...

When I review elections across the country, this is mostly what I see evidence of: people don't care at all about local government (which is where most of their interest should be), only care a little about the state level, and only really turn out to vote for President...usually without being very well informed...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Of all the small parties, Libertarian party seems best positioned to take advantage of the current hot mess. Do you see any hopeful signs of that?
Tom
No.
As things get better for Dems & Pubs, we'll lose market share.
But that's not all bad.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Oh, great......Chelsea v Trump.
If you do that, I'll vote for Trump again....depending upon what wars he's started in the next 4 years.

I don't know that he's going to have a choice with North Korea, they're moving into crazy town where anything is possible. If they go aggro he'll have to deal, so I won't blame him for that per Se. That'd really be previous administrations messes seeping into his though, so...

I think if he can keep us out of conflict for 4 years we'll be in a good place, one can only hope for the best.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I agree. What they really need to do is get back to the basics of being the "party of the working man," as they used to be during the FDR-Truman years. On economic issues, the Democrats offered no real alternative to the Republicans, and that's where they went wrong.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I agree. What they really need to do is get back to the basics of being the "party of the working man," as they used to be during the FDR-Truman years. On economic issues, the Democrats offered no real alternative to the Republicans, and that's where they went wrong.
I don't understand this. The parties are completely different. 1 party puts forth middle class policies and the other puts forth corporate policies.
Politics has reached a level where the 'messaging' is now who can lie the most and who can propagandize Americans the most to influence their vote. Democrats are already the party of the working man. But with all the noise and fake news out there, it doesn't matter.

Social media and other outlets are being used now to influence the minds of the populace. That's why there's so much division.