• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dna Results ancestry.com

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
https://www.ancestry.com/dna/public...022ae9d7/85bc980e-1cbc-4f64-89b5-9d28cf2677db

If the Link doesn't work

36% Eastern Europe My grandfather was from Lithuanian
34% Ireland My grandmother was from Ireland
11% Great Britain, I know I have Dutch French and Irish and they state there's some overlap
5% Scandinavia probably through France
5 % Europe West Dutch and French again
6% Italy Greece It lists France as a possibility
2% Finland It lists Lithuania as a possibility
1% Senegal Africa, guess that's the start of my family.

It gave me 100% match to a 2nd cousin JudyF which I believe I know. I have reached out to her to see if she took the test so I can verify the information.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I got......
35% Scottish
7% Deplorable
47% Mixed Breed
8% Wolf
5% Nerd

I'd question those results Only 7% deplorable that must of been a really good day.
I'd guess your Scottish like my Irish percentage depends on how many drinks I had.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'd question those results Only 7% deplorable that must of been a really good day.
I'd guess your Scottish like my Irish percentage depends on how many drinks I had.
I thought the first criticism would be for having more than 100%.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
It gave me 100% match to a 2nd cousin JudyF which I believe I know. I have reached out to her to see if she took the test so I can verify the information.
I'm not clear. Does it give you a list of 100% matches? How do you know this was a second cousin? How did they know? I'm curious to hear more.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I'm not clear. Does it give you a list of 100% matches? How do you know this was a second cousin? How did they know? I'm curious to hear more.

I'm still waiting for a reply from my cousin but they have a detailed breakdown for the DNA sequences and I guess there able to compare the traits. The green bar is 100% filled and says probable 2nd cousin and it is my top match. The green bar gets less as you go through the list of matches. I have 108 matches. They take a saliva sample to run the tests. You can print out the actual DNA sequence data but I don't understand it.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Sample raw data

rsID_____chromosome
_____ position_____ allele1______ allele2
rs4477212 ____ 1_ ___________72017_______ A__________ A
rs3094315_____ 1_ __________742429______ A__________ A
rs3131972_____ 1 __________ 742584 _____ G__________ G
rs12124819 ____ 1 __________ 766409_____ G __________G

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I'm still waiting for a reply from my cousin but they have a detailed breakdown for the DNA sequences and I guess there able to compare the traits. The green bar is 100% filled and says probable 2nd cousin and it is my top match. The green bar gets less as you go through the list of matches. I have 108 matches. They take a saliva sample to run the tests. You can print out the actual DNA sequence data but I don't understand it.
Are you saying they compared you to everybody in their database and JudyF was a perfect match. I doesn't make sense to me how a 2nd cousin could be a 100% match?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Are you saying they compared you to everybody in their database and JudyF was a perfect match. I doesn't make sense to me how a 2nd cousin could be a 100% match?

Yes they compare you to everybody in there data base it is part of the 100.00 charge.

As to the comparison, Ancestry.com is like a Dating service they only give you what you pay for. I am a Free member right now. They gave me a list of 108 matches with a Line indicating cousin status. They give me a green bar and a status. It also lists her ethnicity's. For JudyF it says 2nd Cousin, the Green bar is completely full and Extremely Confident for the status. She is comparable on the Irish side. To View her information in more detail I would have to pay the monthly fee. I have a 2nd cousin female from the Irish side of the family with the name Judy and last name starts with F once she verifies, I will know how accurate the test is. She travels a lot so may not be home right now.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Update, I got a hold of my Cousin and Yes it was Her. I'm pretty impressed with the results.

@Rowan I'm not sure what that is I googled it and sneezing comes up.
The stats are given as rsID, Chromosome, Position, Allele1, Allele2

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
@Rowan I'm not sure what that is I googled it and sneezing comes up.
The stats are given as rsID, Chromosome, Position, Allele1, Allele2
Oh darn.
23&me breaks things down and shows you hundreds of little factoids about your genetic code.
[/QUOTE]

The test maybe the same but the results they give are different. I just get Ethnicity results and details concerning each ethnicity, stuff about how they looked and how they migrated. I do get the hard data and probably could process the information myself.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Second cousins share great-grandparents. For example, my parents' first cousins are not my second cousins. They are my first cousins once removed. The degree of "cousinship" depends on the generations of grandparents shared. Because we all have eight great-grandparents, we could have an enormous number of second cousins.

When I was in college I had a class with someone I had no idea was a (2nd) cousin. We never met before. On the first day when the professor called out names, I recognized his surname. After class I introduced myself and asked him who his grandparents were. When he told me I said "hey cousin!" His grandfather was my grandmother's brother. We shared great-grandparents. I've since found more through one of his first cousins I stumbled on while doing genealogy. She got me to join FB to keep in touch with their family (my maternal grandmother's side).

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. we aren't Africans.
You may be correct. Read just yesterday that the Chinese human fossils are older than the African human fossils (that of some boy who could have grown to be 6 ft. tall when lucy was just 3 and a half feet tall).
When I was in college I had a class with someone I had no idea was a (2nd) cousin.
In India, we know third cousins and even fourth cousins, and generally have met them. 2nd cousin is considered pretty close.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Update, I've been able to verify 3 DNA matches as people my Mom actually knows are family. This pretty much verifies accuracy of my family tree to my Great Grand parents on my mom's side.

Mom's side is a large family mostly based in the United States.

My dad's side has been much harder to match. A smaller family and much less known. I am only the 3rd generation (Grandfather) and 2nd generation (Grandmother) US citizen.