• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DJ Degrades American Indians On Air

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Indian Commission Protests Comments Made on G105 Radio Show :: WRAL.com

So basically, on April 1, 2008, Bob Dumas who hosts the morning show "Bob and the Showgram" on G-105, a radio station based in Raleigh, North Carolina, spent nearly fifteen minutes making highly stereotypical and derogatory comments about American Indians. He referred to American Indians as "lazy" and "inbred" among a whole host of other things which are too numerous to include.

I found the comments to be highly inflammatory and stereotypical. This is getting to be a big deal in the American Indian community right now, and I was hoping to spread the word to the rest of the public, too. So just check out the news story, maybe listen to the clip of what was said. Hopefully you'll take a little time to sign the petition for the radio station to take stronger action against the host of the show in question. I'm copying and pasting the following from a forwarded e-mail about this.

What Can You Do?
"We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people."
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
And I signed the petition. There is no place for racism in the US or in the rest of the world for that matter.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I signed it, though I have no Native blood in me, it's a huge part of my spirituality.

And I agree Christine.. racism has no place in America. Too bad more people don't know about that.

Imagine gettign screwed in your own land. Thats deep. That DJ is evil and racist. He should not be a DJ, as mentioned, racism has no place in America, as well as the rest of the world.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Yeah, it's all pretty upsetting. I'm afraid nothing more will be done about it. :( But thanks to you guys who signed the petition. We've been fighting since 1492 in one form or another, and we will never stop fighting for our people until we are treated with dignity, respect, and equality. America is known as the melting pot for a reason, and there is no room for racism here.