• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divorce lawyer: 5 professions women should avoid when looking for a husband

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
I know my chances to marry a medical doctor are fairly low, but I was still surprised to read this.:hushed:

Women who want to avoid divorce shouldn't marry men with the following professions: fireman, police officer, military, surgeon, and pilot.

WATCH: 5 Professions Women Should Avoid in a Spouse, According to a Divorce Lawyer

Still, I find this a bit funny as these jobs could be seen as cliches about what a "real man" ought to be like, nonwithstanding the fact that nowadays, such role cliches are up to discussion.

Thoughts?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Maybe it's the work hours? Shift work, long and irregular hours and stressful jobs. Train drivers are another one to avoid for the same reasons.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Maybe it's the work hours? Shift work, long and irregular hours and stressful jobs. Train drivers are another one to avoid for the same reasons.
Yea. The point is spending time together, and if one can't do that, what's the point of even bothering

Unless of course you marry for the money.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

There may also be issues with fidelity. Also stress from the job is often transferred to one's spouse.

There's also this:

Though data on police domestic violence is not only notoriously difficult to gather but also skewed by a culture of silence and intimidation, it suggests that police officers in the United States perpetrate acts of domestic violence at roughly 15 times the rate of the general population.

[...]

The major study here was done by a police officer and a sociologist in Tucson, Arizona, working with a collaborator who had studied domestic violence in military families. It wasn’t by the police department officially. That study found that 40 percent of cops reported having participated in domestic violence in the previous year. The researchers questioned spouses and officers separately with anonymous questions and came up with strikingly similar figures.

An FBI advisory board later found that roughly 40 percent of officers who filled out questionnaires in a number of different settings admitted to being physically violent with their spouse in the previous six months. The general population data for self-reported abuse is closer to 4 percent when people are asked to report on the last 12 months.
Police Brutality at Home: Cops Abuse Wives and Kids at Staggering Rates

epronovost

I wonder if the same could be said for a wife. Are policewoman, soldiers, pilot, firefighter and surgeons statistically .''he worst'' wives for a man or is it typically men in such employment situation.

I would tend to say that the main problem with these jobs is the stress, the long hours, the extended absence and the higher potential of violence in highly stressful situation. Thus, these advices would be correct no matter the gender though most members of these professions are men.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I know my chances to marry a medical doctor are fairly low, but I was still surprised to read this.:hushed:

Women who want to avoid divorce shouldn't marry men with the following professions: fireman, police officer, military, surgeon, and pilot.

WATCH: 5 Professions Women Should Avoid in a Spouse, According to a Divorce Lawyer

Still, I find this a bit funny as these jobs could be seen as cliches about what a "real man" ought to be like, nonwithstanding the fact that nowadays, such role cliches are up to discussion.

Thoughts?

I think my husband would agree, even though he's a pilot. He's not one of "those" pilots. lol
My answer: Marry a nerd. I did. It worked out great.

Women can be in those fields too. Are men the only culprits?