• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

division over who inherits what, is there a way to solve the dilema in Israel?

God is love

Recently this year Jewish people moved from an area of Jerusalem {I think it was the west bank}. Both the Jewish people and the Palestinians there thought they were entitled to that piece of land. Since they have moved out, I am wondering if there will be in the future more disputes over whose right it is to occupy that area of land.

The Temple Mount is an example. The Jewish people want to build a Temple there but since Abraham was buried there or thought to have been buried there {I'm not sure which} the Palestinians have an interest in that area as well.

The Jewish people, { Hebrews} and the Palestinians {Arabs} bothe have a common father Abraham so they bothe have an entitlement to the site where He is buried.

My question for you to debate or discuss would be "Is there a way to share it somehow?" There has been and continues to be hostility. Most has been about who is entitled to what. It is like siblings disputing over a will.

There are scriptures in the bible that mention inheritence such as numbers 26:53 and numbers 34;14 but the places mentioned would have to show up on a map where they would be in modern day. Other scriptures are Genesis 15:7 and Genesis 28:4 and Joshua 14:1 and Joshua 19:51 and Isaiah 57:13

I watched the movie "lawrence of Arabia". He defended the Arabs right to a homeland in Arabia. He said "Arabia is for the Arabs". He must have had a reason to think they were entitled to possess that land as their land.

I wonder if the "old testement" which both the Hebrews and the Muslims accept as true could be used as a solution to future disputes over territory.

The Jews and the Arabs are half brothers and it would be relief to have real peace in the middle east.

I recognize that the bible predicts Armaggedon at a future time but I hope to delay beyond my time on earth.

I don't have the answer so I leave this with you to debate or discuss.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I wonder if the "old testement" which both the Hebrews and the Muslims accept as true could be used as a solution to future disputes over territory.
if the tanach were used then the land of Israel would belong to jews w/o arguement IMPO

but there has to be a way to solve this situation...but better men than I will figure out the solution i'm sure.

Deut 13:1

jewscout said:
if the tanach were used then the land of Israel would belong to jews w/o arguement IMPO

but there has to be a way to solve this situation...but better men than I will figure out the solution i'm sure.
I like my solution, a bigger wall. :rolleyes:

almifkhar

if it is the west bank that you referr to, was reading something unrelated that talked about water rights and how future wars would be waged over this precious resource. now the west bank does fall into this water issue and i think this is one of the many reasons for the dispute. i think if each side could just be fair and respectful for eachothers needs and wants, perhaps like jewscout said they could just get it together and come to a peacefull solution, god willing.

i don't think the arabs should be forced out because they have lived there for far too long. it is their home. i don't think the jews should be forced out either for the same reason (a bunch of them) i think that when the new families move into the area, they should be good neghibors to the existing families, and perhaps this could teach the rest of the world a valueable lession.

walls, violence, and racism is not the answer here.