• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divinity and Love

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Love = hormones being injected into your brain that makes you feel funny.
Whatever it takes to get the desired high.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Divinity itself?

Boys?

Chocolate?

All of the above.

I never get the chocolate, or boys I suppose as stimulating. Now sex, but that different from love. Did you every really feel "loved"?

Only in my dreams. :(
Movies, there's is always that perfect loving character.
Perfect love is a fiction? Maybe a few find it. If not there is always God.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I never get the chocolate, or boys I suppose as stimulating. Now sex, but that different from love. Did you every really feel "loved"?

Only in my dreams. :(
Movies, there's is always that perfect loving character.
Perfect love is a fiction? Maybe a few find it. If not there is always God.
I feel loved by my partner.

I love lust though. Pure lust is something I like a lot and don't shy from. I go in knowing what I'm looking for.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
unconditional love has respect to all. it is not a respecter of persons but a respecter of all
Yes, Love+Respect of Persons is more divine than love, even unconditional love, on its own.

Unconditional love without respect of persons is what? A stalker? An abusive spouse?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes, Love+Respect of Persons is more divine than love, even unconditional love, on its own.

Unconditional love without respect of persons is what? A stalker? An abusive spouse?
no, unconditional love doesn't disrespect. its understood that all are treated equal. You only have disrespect where conditional love exists

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
no, unconditional love doesn't disrespect. its understood that all are treated equal. You only have disrespect where conditional love exists
Unconditional love doesn't disrespect? In that case respect is superior to love.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Unconditional love doesn't disrespect?
no. it doesn't. unconditional love, loves everything and responds to everything in kind. one part is not more/less apart of self.

In that case respect is superior to love.
no, respect arises from unconditional love. unconditional love doesn't arise from respect.

when you start dealing with conditional then respecting self vs disrespecting other as self arises.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
no, respect arises from unconditional love. unconditional love doesn't arise from respect.
Of course. You're right. Well said. When I said respect was superior, I was responding to what you said that "unconditional love does not disrespect".

Please understand, I agree with you here, and it supports what I previously said.

If respect arises from love, then the two are distinct. If they are distinct, then their combined divinity is more than each on its own. Therefore, Love+Respect is more divine than love on its own.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Of course. You're right. Well said. When I said respect was superior, I was responding to what you said that "unconditional love does not disrespect".

Please understand, I agree with you here, and it supports what I previously said.

If respect arises from love, then the two are distinct. If they are distinct, then their combined divinity is more than each on its own. Therefore, Love+Respect is more divine than love on its own.
but you don't understand that you're pointing only one attribute of what unconditional love does. love + merciful et al.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
but you don't understand that you're pointing only one attribute of what unconditional love does. love + merciful et al.
Unconditional love doesn't cease. That's why respect is needed. Sometimes enough is enough, everything in moderation.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Divine love is like a lost art. It's platonic. It's attainable to experience, but maybe not so much with the lifestyles of today. We all fall short of it.

Loyalty, and family used to be the closest thing to divine love.

Divine love takes sacrifice for those who love. You have to know what it is and believe in it, and then desire it above all things.

It's a very lonely road. I don't think human nature is geared for it. Divine love is like the highest level of virtue.

I've experienced selfless love, trust, and platonic friendships. I know what it's like to have faith in other people and not be let down.

Surely others have known it. I don't see it as an easy road by any means. There's a lot of pain on that road. But when you share platonic love with people it can be the greatest joy.

Perfect love that never fails is very extreme difficult on human capacity I feel. Yet I've met some people despite their shortcomings that have qualities of perfect love.

In this world divine love ain't going to be a cake walk full of flowers and joy. The greatest love of all is full of sorrow, pain, adversity, heartbreak, and tears if anything. But what's the alternative? Vanity, hedonism, pride, riches, power, and control, oppression, violence. I don't see any love in those things. Nor does anyone love anyone for those reasons.

Divine love is the worthiest thing there could ever be. It's the great beyond.

When I gave up religion, I didn't give up on divine love. It's a cool dream. It deserves better treatment.

Love = hormones being injected into your brain that makes you feel funny...

Who is correct, you or the Bible that says:

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

And why?