• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divine Sanskrit Revelations through Christian psychiatric patient

Did you find this kind of information interesting?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Divine Sanskrit Revelations through Christian psychiatric patient
This is NOT in the Debate Forum. Just sharing something I found interesting.

The Christian woman claims Sai Baba tells her Sanskrit verses. And the American psychiatrists believes her using the verses to prove the claim of another medium is false.

Since Sai Baba died, there is a big split in the organisation. If this is happening now within the Sai Organisation, i would not be surprised something similar happened with all other religions. For me this is interesting to observe. And puts all other religions in a different light also. How much is still original and true in those scriptures?

Also a good lesson to develop discrimination which mediums can be trusted or better not trusted. Many claim nowadays to know things [God speaking through them], without any proof. At least this Christian lady allegedly seems to speak suddenly Sanskrit [which she could not before]

There are quite a view videos. A few very short (3-5 min), a few (10-15) min. The Post #13 gives in a few minutes what this is all about "Post #13 – The Buddhist Connection".
[In some of the other posts you see the process of revelation in action; psychiatrist recorded the revelations]
Countering Madhu Muddenahalli – part 2 | Pathoftransformation

A Christian woman who is a psychiatric patient gets Sanskrit verses during her therapy sessions from "God". The sessions are recorded (in video). This all happened in 1983. I know the American psychiatrist myself personally and met him many times (not as a patient). So I trust him that it's not fake, these videos. Whether or not it's God speaking "Sanskrit through an American Christian psychiatric patient" I do not know. But I found it intriguing.

Why I found it good to check this info out? Nowadays many people claim to be a medium or that God speaks through them. It's not easy to trust internet stories but also not easy to trust people nowadays. This shows an example that seems quite trustworthy to me [American Christian woman not knowing Sanskrit having revelations in Sanskrit which are video taped by a well known American psychiatrist I personally know and trust]. Checking this also make me get a clearer view about other revelations (Koran, Bible). Helps me to develop more discrimination

Yesterday for example I met a man who claimed that he reached the highest level spiritual. Some therapist using a pendulum told him this and later another therapist with pendulum (if I recollect correctly) confirmed this. And he made a picture of the sky and the clouds showed the face/body of a person. And he claimed this is a celestial being which revealed itself to him. Of course this can all be true, but to me it is not so trustworthy

Now I have seen this video I up the game. People claiming something they better have a good story. And if God ever wants to speak through me He should use also Sanskrit or another language which I definitely don't know. Then at least I know there is some kind of "divine revelation" in it. In general people don't start speaking Sanskrit out of the blue. That for me is enough proof to take things serious. And another point is that things should be video taped, so the message will be pure without interpretation. We have too many hearsay stories already. I don't want to add more of these.

I added a simple Poll. If none are interested in this type of info "about Sai Baba" then I know to not post something like this again.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
And another point is that things should be video taped, so the message will be pure without interpretation. We have too many hearsay stories already. I don't want to add more of these.
You should not have posted even this here. This belongs to the Paranormal Activities forum. If it is video-taped then it is something that the person says. Other than that no additional value attaches to it.

stvdv

You should not have posted even this here. This belongs to the Paranormal Activities forum. If it is video-taped then it is something that the person says. Other than that no additional value attaches to it.

Maybe, maybe not. If it is a real revelation it would be correct here.

Muhammad received a real revelation [at least many people believe], so it fits under Islam
Revelations from the Bible fit under Christianity

Of course you are free to not believe it. But that does not say you are right. Time will tell.
Personally I believe quite a view verses in Bible/Koran are not fit to be in these scriptures

But maybe until it is proven it would be best to put it in "Paranormal Activities Forum"
Maybe one of the MODS will be so kind to move this post.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
@stvdv Holy Cannoli is this INTERESTING to me.

Satya Sai Baba was my primary catalyst for my greater adventure into the paranormal and spirituality. I believe he was at the highest spiritual level possible for a physically embodied soul. I even made my first trip ever to India in 2010 to see Him in the flesh at his ashram in Puttaparthi.

I believe this Sanskrit speaking miracle is just one of thousands of so-called miracles surrounding the figure of Sai Baba.

(this probably will come up if you talk much more about Satya Sai Baba but I feel the enormous light from Sai threatens the non-believers to trump up the ugliest false allegations against Him. I hate to even bring up this ugliness up, but it is going to happen if you continue)

stvdv

@stvdv Holy Cannoli is this INTERESTING to me.

Satya Sai Baba was my primary catalyst for my greater adventure into the paranormal and spirituality. I believe he was at the highest spiritual level possible for a physically embodied soul. I even made my first trip ever to India in 2010 to see Him in the flesh at his ashram in Puttaparthi.

I believe this Sanskrit speaking miracle is just one of thousands of so-called miracles surrounding the figure of Sai Baba.

(this probably will come up if you talk much more about Satya Sai Baba but I feel the enormous light from Sai threatens the non-believers to trump up the ugliest false allegations against Him. I hate to even bring up this ugliness up, but it is going to happen if you continue)

That is true. Where light is, there gathers darkness also. But as we have the light within, no need to worry at all. Especially not with a Poorna Avatar taking care of it

Never smart to make allegations to someone claiming to be Poorna Avatar = having quite a few powers. Sai Baba said in december 2000 when I was there in Whitefield, that He does not want us to defend Him when His name gets belittled on the internet. He then said something like "Do you think I can not take care of that myself? Finishing off with a pretty strong statement, saying that all the people spreading the lies on the internet about Sai Baba will never reach enlightenment by themselves however many births they will get".

So that's why I don't put it in debate. Would be too bad if others start talking too bad about Sai Baba, not bad for Sai Baba, but more bad for those people. First time I came to Baba in 1993 hearing He is Poorna Avatar I told others questioning if Baba spoke the truth "Maybe Baba lies, and then I learned a lot. But imagine He is that powerful, then I don't want to be the one having spoken negative about Him. He can kill me in a second". Better safe than sorry.

Potent Evidence | Sai Baba - A Clear View
In the above link are a view quotes of other Saints about Sai Baba. I like the one from Anandamoyi Ma the best [confirms your idea "highest level possible"]
One of the greatest Saints of this century was a woman named Anandamoyi Ma. (The name translates as ‘Bliss-permeated Mother.’ There’s a photo of her, standing next to Paramahansa Yogananda, in Autobiography of a Yogi.) She was so pure and filled with God that she was widely considered to be a Divine Incarnation herself: there seemed to be nothing in her but God, and her words were Truth itself. According to one of her closest Western devotees, over the years she had often been asked, “Who is this Sathya Sai Baba we keep hearing about?” But for many years she never gave an answer. In the last year of her life, however, the question came up again, and this time she gave the following response: This body will speak on this question only once; don’t ask again. Sathya Sai Baba is the most powerful incarnation of God ever to come to the Earth. And there won’t be another at His level for another sixty centuries.”6
That amazing testimony was recently strengthened for me when I went to one of Anandamoyi Ma’s ashrams in the Himalayas. When I shared the preceding quote with a Swami there7, he said that Anandamoyi Ma had then added, “It’s no wonder you keep hearing about Sai Baba. He is the Avatarof this Yuga!” (Avatar means Incarnation of God; a Yuga is an era lasting many thousands of years.)

Last edited:

stvdv

What 'big split' are you talking about?

There is now a new group starting in a little village in India called Muddenahalli (MDH) claiming that a medium called Madhusudan can see "Sai Baba in a subtle Body". When I was in Parthi I had a dream of Baba telling me to go there. I was not too eager as I remember swami telling "I don't work through mediums", but I also like to investigate things myself. So I went. Was interesting to experience, but I prefer Parthi. This group from MDH travels around the world telling about Baba, also came to Holland and I went. And I had the most amazing experience ever. For myself I stick to Baba. I don't want to go to mediums.

The big split is that this MDH group separates from Parthi. And there are quite a view differences in how they operate. Sai Baba never wanted that money is asked in His name. And MDH group has a website mentioning where people can donate money. That is "not done" in the Sai World.

Personally I see all this as a great Leela. We should not judge others. It seems that all religious groups still need to learn this lesson. So that also pops up here. That is the big lesson
Same as in Christianity. I decided to stay out of this judging each other. I learned my lesson already. And I just watch it unfold. Interesting timings ahead. I love it.

In the website about this Christian woman hearing these sanskrit verses in a few of those videos on the site is also explained about this MDH thing. And explaining the difference between MDH and this woman who got revelations in Sanskrit. She was not special at all. She was a psychiatric patient. Not asking money nor wanting fame. So to me that seems very genuine. With Baba everything was free (except food/sleep, but even that was only 1$/1$ per day, so very cheap; and prices did not go up for like 15 years when I was there).

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
You want miracles? How about stopping the floods in Kerala? God could do that. Not far from home?

George-ananda

Premium Member
You want miracles? How about stopping the floods in Kerala? God could do that. Not far from home?
Is the natural play of the natural world not part of the Grand Play. Our natural human-centric view is a natural part of the growing of compassion.

We look from our tiny limited perspective but can not yet see the grander perspective of life’s seeming randomness.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Is the natural play of the natural world not part of the Grand Play. Our natural human-centric view is a natural part of the growing of compassion.

We look from our tiny limited perspective but can not yet see the grander perspective of life’s seeming randomness.

Little miracles happen every day, all the time, for various reasons. We can focus on them so much that they take over our life. Some of us are so used to it, it's no longer remarkable at all. Does it lead us toward moksha, or is it a minor distraction on the path? Do they become our sadhana, our lifestyle, what we are known for?

In my lifetime I've met probably a hundred Sai devotees. There are those who are too busy bragging about the Guru and his miracles to notice the little ways they could be serving others, as their Guru taught. Then there are those who took 'Love All, Serve All' to heart and are truly beautiful citizens on the planet. One day I had to ask a couple of men to be quiet at our Ganesha temple because their Sai enthusiasm was disturbing the other devotees to the point of being totally annoying. When I politely asked them to take their conversation downstairs or outside, all I got was the nasty look of disdain and contempt.

I knew a Sai man who was up in the world of research, a great diplomat at our temple, so quiet and humble I didn't find out his station until his funeral. Another devotee I know does yoga for elders, goes on field trips, has a tough marriage, and yet is constantly cheerful. Not that's the real miracle: Swami's ability to change lives, not paranormal activities.

Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:

George-ananda

Premium Member
Little miracles happen every day, all the time, for various reasons. We can focus on them so much that they take over our life. Some of us are so used to it, it's no longer remarkable at all. Does it lead us toward moksha, or is it a minor distraction on the path? Do they become our sadhana, our lifestyle, what we are known for?

In my lifetime I've met probably a hundred Sai devotees. There are those who are too busy bragging about the Guru and his miracles to notice the little ways they could be serving others, as their Guru taught. Then there are those who took 'Love All, Serve All' to heart and are truly beautiful citizens on the planet. One day I had to ask a couple of men to be quiet at our Ganesha temple because their Sai enthusiasm was disturbing the other devotees to the point of being totally annoying. When I politely asked them to take their conversation downstairs or outside, all I got was the nasty look of disdain and contempt.

I knew a Sai man who was up in the world of research, a great diplomat at our temple, so quiet and humble I didn't find out his station until his funeral. Another devotee I know does yoga for elders, goes on field trips, has a tough marriage, and yet is constantly cheerful. Not that's the real miracle: Swami's ability to change lives, not paranormal activities.

Sorry for the rant.
This.basically agrees with my position. Swami calls his miracles ‘small things’ and just His ‘visiting card’. What He wants to give us is spiritual upliftment.

That said, those like me raised in western culture face an arrogant and dominating culture of scientific materialism. ‘Science’ is our leader in understanding in academia. Hence many like me need the miracles as a starting point for spirituality and to realize our material science may be a great thing but it is not our end all for knowledge.

Sai Baba got my initial attention because of the miracles. And I can’t be more appreciative of the ‘more’ I got after that.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
This.basically agrees with my position. Swami calls his miracles ‘small things’ and just His ‘visiting card’. What He wants to give us is spiritual upliftment.

That said, those like me raised in western culture face an arrogant and dominating culture of scientific materialism. ‘Science’ is our leader in understanding in academia. Hence many like me need the miracles as a starting point for spirituality and to realize our material science may be a great thing but it is not our end all for knowledge.

Sai Baba got my initial attention because of the miracles. And I can’t be more appreciative of the ‘more’ I got after that.

Yes, many have benefited from Swami. Not for everyone though, and that's how I draw the line. Fortunately there are no Sai Baba proselytizers on RF. Personally, I'm neutral on such things. That part doesn't concern me.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Yes, many have benefited from Swami. Not for everyone though, and that's how I draw the line. Fortunately there are no Sai Baba proselytizers on RF. Personally, I'm neutral on such things. That part doesn't concern me.
I think even those you say haven’t benefited from Swamiji are better now than they would have been without knowing of Him.

stvdv

I think even those you say haven’t benefited from Swamiji are better now than they would have been without knowing of Him.
I remember in this context the story about Krishna which Sai Baba told us. A man was cursing Krishna 24/7. Finally Krishna had enough it seemed and He cut the man's head off. The head fell on Krishna's feet. Now all people got very upset "What is this, this man cursed You all day, and now he gets liberation [head on feet]?". Yes Krishna replied "He thought about me 24/7, that is all what is needed. God does not care if people think negative or positive. Think about God is all what is needed to get God's Grace".

George-ananda

Premium Member
I don't understand.
Taking it back a step then, I guess I didn't understand what you meant with 'Yes, many have benefited from Swami. Not for everyone though, and that's how I draw the line.'

Can you clarify that? No one (not even Swami) says everyone must follow him. What is this 'line' that you draw? I didn't understand your point, I guess.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Taking it back a step then, I guess I didn't understand what you meant with 'Yes, many have benefited from Swami. Not for everyone though, and that's how I draw the line.'

Can you clarify that? No one (not even Swami) says everyone must follow him. What is this 'line' that you draw? I didn't understand your point, I guess.

The 'line' is simply that if you don't believe, then I respect that. As I indicated before, I have met what I would call fundamentalist Sai folk who were adamant they were right, you were wrong. So I disagree with your 'no one' idea. My line is respect of individual choice. Anyone of any stripe who takes that stance is annoying.

But back to my 'I don't understand, your statement seemed to contradict itself... 'haven't benefited" on one hand, and then 'are better now' on the other. Which is it?

Last edited: