• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divine Providence manifested

HJoseph

Do you truly believe in Divine Providence? I experienced an epiphany over a week ago concerning Providence and God has opened my soul to let his Graces in. Now, I see the path that God is leading me down. I see my body as God's instrument utilized on our road to Heaven. What was once complex is now simple. DP is beautiful and a different realm on earth.

Has anyone experienced a personal manifestation with Divine Providence? If so I would love feedback

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Do you truly believe in Divine Providence? I experienced an epiphany over a week ago concerning Providence and God has opened my soul to let his Graces in. Now, I see the path that God is leading me down. I see my body as God's instrument utilized on our road to Heaven. What was once complex is now simple. DP is beautiful and a different realm on earth.

Has anyone experienced a personal manifestation with Divine Providence? If so I would love feedback

So, no offense, but if you have had this Divine encounter, why are you wasting time here?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Not in the christian point of view. Years ago when I took the sacraments of the Church, most definitely. The DP was within the sacraments.

However, now my spiritual journey and connection is more about what I know rather than what I hope for. It's getting to know who I am by my family rather than learning about a stranger with whom I cannot find any relation to me other than experiencing his (jesus') spirit. It's more intense and personal.

With that said, I don't know if I'd use Divine and I'm not one to "speak [about god] in metaphors and such" but point blank, my Divine intervention is through my family. It started when my grandmother passed away two years ago and an experience I couldn't mistake but from the spirits and family. So, it's been more of a journey of spiritual growth rather than learning, study, and passion. My family (and family family-my ancestors) are literally a part of me by blood and by kin. I can't see anyone so close of a support than with whom I am related to by blood. Some people say blood doesn't matter; but, I wasn't taught that. Even with my brother, I have two half brothers and two have sisters, and one full biological brother. We aren't twins, but my full blooded brother (or my brother) and I always had a link that no one can cross.

I asked him one time, do you want to speak to your other brother John* and he said he isn't of full blood like I am with him that and I feel same blood has the same type of mindset. So, that makes a lot more sense spiritually when you have the physical part to it.

So, the Divine intervention would probably be my family interacting with me in spirit on a daily basis. Messages I receive, warnings, and so forth. Even just a reminder that they are there is an intervention. I had to look up Divine Providence in the dictionary and it said the Divine (or some say god) intervening on behalf of humans or within the world. Maybe the spirits can be divine but I'm not one for worship.

We are family regardless in spirit or in flesh.

So that's my experience and "wake up call."

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

My first thought was wondering what 'Divine Providence' actually means. I found this on the internet:

Divine providence is the governance of God by which He, with wisdom and love, cares for and directs all things in the universe. The doctrine of divine providence asserts that God is in complete control of all things.

Can you give us more detail on what your epiphany revealed to you?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
My first thought was wondering what 'Divine Providence' actually means. I found this on the internet:

Divine providence is the governance of God by which He, with wisdom and love, cares for and directs all things in the universe. The doctrine of divine providence asserts that God is in complete control of all things.

I found this:

In theology, divine providence, or just providence, is God's intervention in the world. The term "Divine Providence" (usually capitalized) is also used as a title of God. A distinction is usually made between "general providence", which refers to God's continuous upholding the existence and natural order of the universe, and "special providence", which refers to God's extraordinary intervention in the life of people.[1] Miracles generally fall in the latter category.[2]

Source

HJoseph

I found this:

In theology, divine providence, or just providence, is God's intervention in the world. The term "Divine Providence" (usually capitalized) is also used as a title of God. A distinction is usually made between "general providence", which refers to God's continuous upholding the existence and natural order of the universe, and "special providence", which refers to God's extraordinary intervention in the life of people.[1] Miracles generally fall in the latter category.[2]
Source

Reggie Miller

The Holy Spirit works in each believer differently but He is the same Spirit.

May God bless you and continue His manifest works He created for you to do.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I too would like the OP to clarify this "divine providence" concept. It is foreign to me. If by "divine providence" you mean something like what @Mestemia posted, I don't think the concept is applicable to my religion because it presumes that the gods are distinct from the world.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I find that most religious concepts which are needlessly capitalized tend to lack any substance when you scratch beneath the rhetorical effect.

HJoseph

Sure. My granddaughter was diagnosed in the womb as a "single vein umbilical cord" baby who was born 2 days before Christmas. Born weighing right under 4 lbs (common for SVU babies) she was not breathing,due to a collapsed lung) and was air lifted to Children's Hospital in N.O. She was diagnosed at Children's with heart problems that resulted in the collapsed left lung. Open heart surgery was successfully performed this past Wednesday.

My daughter received an inter-office memo around the 26th of December stating her position with the company had been terminated. We were at Children's and while she was devastated I was mad with her employer.

In no time at all my anger turned to mercy as I repeated "May God have mercy on his soul".
Through the Holy Spirit I realized my daughter did not deserve the cold hearted owner and his son. I saw God's will working through this event.

I see Providence clearly now as I firmly believe that God is leading me to heaven. His will is done with each of us individually with only man's free will left to distort His will. He knew I would give this testimony before I was born. Every post to this thread was also known by our God who knows and sees all. Mankind is an instrument of God and He leads us down the path as we follow. A simple free will mistake leads us off the path but our merciful Father always waits for our return.

What am i doing here?? I am simply following God's will without questioning.

In short, if a better understanding of our God through Divine Providence is realized by a member His will has been done.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
In short, if a better understanding of our God through Divine Providence is realized by a member His will has been done.
So, what is the 'take away' understanding that you are trying to impart to us?