• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divine Omnipresence

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
In God we live and move and have our being (Acts 17:18)

Now it is a literal scientific fact that we live in an interpenetrating cosmic field that is universally omnipresent...depending on the particular selective discipline, it is known by different names...quantum vacuum and/or zero point energy by the quantum physicists....dark energy by the astronomers...Higg's field by the particle physicists. Now this scientific omnipresent field is also known as Aether by the metaphysicians, and of course as spirit or God by we religious types. Still, what is a fact is that there is only one omnipresence and the labels used to name depend on the selective filter of the perceiver...just remember the allegorical story of the blind men describing the elephant?

But wait..so far we have just all agreed that there is an omnipresent essence...but does this essence have properties...like consciousness...the evidence seems to be saying yes...ever heard of this research....

[youtube]OfdsGpTHIkw[/youtube]

This is awesome...the underlying omnipresent background of the Universe is the source of all our being and consciousness...even governing cellular mitosis.

I form the light and create darkness, I bring the good and I create evil; I the Lord do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Friend ben,

Very interesting!
Guess the age for science to catch up with religion has come!

Love & rgds
True zenzero...but the wheat must still be separated from the chaff....the materialists and idolaters will be recalcitrant to the very end.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend ben,

'wheat and chaff'
form is formless and formless is form.

yes first mountains are mountains.
then mountains are not mountains
finally mountains are mountains.

Love & rgds

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
In God we live and move and have our being (Acts 17:18)

Now it is a literal scientific fact that we live in an interpenetrating cosmic field that is universally omnipresent...depending on the particular selective discipline, it is known by different names...quantum vacuum and/or zero point energy by the quantum physicists....dark energy by the astronomers...Higg's field by the particle physicists.

:biglaugh:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
:biglaugh:
So yes, this is a no debate thread...but that should not be an obstacle to a reasoned discussion...if you think there is a misunderstanding on my part, do please explain your understanding to show us where you think my understanding is at variance with scientific fact?

To be clear..the quantum vacuum, zero point energy, dark energy, and the Higg's field are all considered omnipresent by science.

If you are not able to, then readers can have faith that my understanding is scientifically sound...which it is btw.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You should move this thread to a category in which atheists could respond.

Materialists have a closed mind on matters of divinity so that is why I posted it here....there is no point in casting pearls before swine...they will only try to gouge in return.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It's too assumptive.
What precisely do you find too assumptive?

It is my understanding that too many people are under the assumption that science and religion are somehow always at odds, but this was only ever true wrt to the materialistic scientists and religious idolaters...the literalists....not the mystical types of either, but in any event, now the leading edge of the science today is coming the full circle and can bring light to religion and vice versa....there is a developing synergy that augers well for both science and religion.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
This isn't a debate forum, but isn't it obvious? It seems like the entire article is assumptive.
True. it isn't a debate forum, but having a reasoned discussion about my op is not a debate.

So let's proceed slowly, when you say the whole article is assumptive, let's try and narrow it down....are you referring to my pointing out the omnipresent basis to the zpe, quantum vacuum, dark energy, etc., or some other aspect?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
True. it isn't a debate forum, but having a reasoned discussion about my op is not a debate.

So let's proceed slowly, when you say the whole article is assumptive, let's try and narrow it down....are you referring to my pointing out the omnipresent basis to the zpe, quantum vacuum, dark energy, etc., or some other aspect?

Your first statement is an assumption of what that verse means, I don't want to debate specifics, I already gave my opinion of the article.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Your first statement is an assumption of what that verse means, I don't want to debate specifics, I already gave my opinion of the article.
It is not a debate for you to explain what you interpret the relevant verse to mean...please do...I'm all ears?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Yes zenzero...odd isn't it that the respondents in a DIR thread don't seem to want to discuss religion in context of the OP.

The reason why that is according to my understanding is the lack of faith in the actual omnipresence of God...in time and space...."I am the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow".

If they accepted the true teaching,,,they would not be looking outside of themselves for God, for God is within, not would they be looking outside of the here and now...for God is not in time....in fact only when it is understood that the inside is the same as the outside and the outside the same as the inside, does the concept of inside and outside become meaningless...God is omnipresent.

And now leading edge science is shining light on the underlying unity of existence...and the mind of those accustomed to thinking God is separate to the manifested 'creation' are caught in the dualistic trap warned about in Genesis to not 'eat of the fruit of the tree of good and evil' aka duality.

Btw...the correct reference to the quoted verse in my OP should be Acts 17:28...not 17:18. Sorry to any who looked up the reference quoted and were confused.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Yes zenzero...odd isn't it that the respondents in a DIR thread don't seem to want to discuss religion in context of the OP.

The reason why that is according to my understanding is the lack of faith in the actual omnipresence of God...in time and space...."I am the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow".

If they accepted the true teaching,,,they would not be looking outside of themselves for God, for God is within, not would they be looking outside of the here and now...for God is not in time....in fact only when it is understood that the inside is the same as the outside and the outside the same as the inside, does the concept of inside and outside become meaningless...God is omnipresent.

And now leading edge science is shining light on the underlying unity of existence...and the mind of those accustomed to thinking God is separate to the manifested 'creation' are caught in the dualistic trap warned about in Genesis to not 'eat of the fruit of the tree of good and evil' aka duality.

Btw...the correct reference to the quoted verse in my OP should be Acts 17:28...not 17:18. Sorry to any who looked up the reference quoted and were confused.

This sounds like Pantheism. I don't subscribe to pantheism.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend ben,

yes, guess we speak the same language others; well in time, everyone has to!

Meantime let enjoy The Presence and say: hallelujah!

Love & rgds