• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divine Love

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Is there any way to define Divine Love? My suspicion is that we are swimming in it all day, every day. Existence itself is Divine Love? What is your opinion? Would you like to take a swing at defining it?

pexels-albert-rafael-1101730 (2).jpg

Photo by Albert Rafael from Pexels

Gargovic Malkav

Is there any way to define Divine Love? My suspicion is that we are swimming in it all day, every day. Existence itself is Divine Love? What is your opinion? Would you like to take a swing at defining it?

View attachment 44467

Divine Love isn't always with me. I believe that's because sometimes selfish desires still get the best of me. But whenever I manage to tame my ego, I can sense it and be part of it.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
There's the Latin phrase amor dei which refers to both, your love for God and God's love for you.

In the Srimad Bhagavatam (9.4.68), it is said:

sādhavo hṛdayaṁ mahyaṁ
sādhūnāṁ hṛdayaṁ tv aham
mad-anyat te na jānanti
nāhaṁ tebhyo manāg api

"The devotees are always in My heart, and I am always in the hearts of the devotees. The devotee does not know anything beyond Me, and I also cannot forget the devotee. There is a very intimate relationship between Me and the pure devotees. Pure devotees in full knowledge are never out of spiritual touch, and therefore they are very much dear to Me." :heart:

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Satcitananda - Existence/consciousness/bliss

It can be experienced in the transcendence of the I/other dichotomy brought about by how one perceives transactional reality...in the understanding thou art that...tat tvam asi.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

View attachment 44467

I see it as maintaining the flow and living the awe of life. I experience it through freedom and clarity rather than love. As for calling it divinity, that's a loaded word. From god? No. One's highest sacred value, yes.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Agapi was called by the Greeks, to distinguish it from Eros.
It is Love without expecting anything in return.
Beautiful!!

It is also "Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing" after being beaten, beard plucked out, cursed at, whipped, a crown of thorns pushed onto a head and crucified.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is there any way to define Divine Love?
Define? No. Describe? Yes. To define something, you have to draw a boundary around it. Divine Love is infinite, so it is impossible to define the infinite. On the other hand, to describe something, you have to first experience it. There are many ways to describe the experience of Divine Love.

My suspicion is that we are swimming in it all day, every day. Existence itself is Divine Love?
Indeed yes. I am fond of the biblical reference where Paul says, "In him we live and move and have our being". That is true. But we are not always perspective of that as we get wrapped up in the affairs of the separate self trying to find itself in this world, rather than just resting in the Divine.

Seeing God, or the Divine if you prefer, is a matter of perception. It is the eyes through which we see. There is a perfect quote from the Christian mystic Meister Eckhart which captures what this unity of Self and perception is experienced as:

"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love."

MNoBody

View attachment 44467
It seems man's lot to fall in and out of love consistently in this regard....likely due to inability to focus on more than one thing at a time adequately.
the care's of life are burdensome mistress, always distracting away from one's true love, whom is so much more than words can say

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I love this thread because my best friend lives in a district called Divino Amore (divine Love)...because of a shrine which has that name.:p
In Rome of course