• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Divergant Factions

Which faction from divergent would you choose?

• Abnegation

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Amity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Candor

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Duantless

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Erudite

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Which faction from divergent would you choose?

Abnegation
abnegation.png

I will be my undoing

If I become my obsession.

I will forgot the ones I love
If I do not serve them.

I will war with others
If I refuse to see them.

Therefore I choose to turn away
From my reflection,
To rely not on myself
But on my brothers and sisters,
To project always outward
Until I disappear.

Substance: Smooth Grey Stones
Color: Grey
Nickname: Stiffs
Favored Trait: Selflessness
Clothing: Grey and simple with little decoration
Role: Government and charity.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Dauntless
latest

We believe that cowardice is to blame for the world’s injustices.
We believe that peace is hard-won, that sometimes it is necessary to fight for peace.

We believe that justice is more important than peace.
We believe in freedom from fear, in denying fear the power to influence our decisions.
We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.
We believe in acknowledging fear and the extent to which it rules us.
We believe in facing that fear no matter what the cost to our comfort, our happiness, or even our sanity.
We believe in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves.
We believe, not just in bold words but in bold deeds to match them.
We believe that pain and death are better than cowardice and inaction because we believe in action.
We do not believe in living comfortable lives.
We do not believe that silence is useful.
We do not believe in good manners.
We do not believe in empty heads, empty mouths, or empty hands.
We do not believe that learning to master violence encourages unnecessary violence.
We do not believe that we should be allowed to stand idly by.

We do not believe that any other virtue is more important than bravery.

Substance: Smoldering Embers

Color: Black
Nickname: Adrenaline Junkies
Favored Trait: Bravery

Clothing: Black and practical, often has piercings, hair dyes, and tattoos
Role: Works as the police and military.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Erudite
latest
'Ignorance' is defined not as stupidity but as lack of knowledge. Lack of knowledge inevitably leads to lack of understanding.
Lack of understanding leads to a disconnect among people with differences.
Disconnection among people with differences leads to conflict.
Knowledge is the only logical solution to the problem of conflict.

Substance:Water​
Color: Blue
Nickname: Know It all's
Favored Trait: Knowledge
Clothing: Blue and formal
Role: Works as scientist, doctors, and engineers.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Amity
Screenshot20130523at4.10.00PM.png

Conversations of Peace

Trust
A Son says to his Mother:
“Mother, today I fought with my friend.”
His Mother says: “Why did you fight with your friend?”
“Because he demanded something of me, and I would not give it to him.”
“Why did you not give it to him?”
“Because it was mine.”
“My son, you now have your possessions, but you do not have your friend. Which would you rather have?”
“My friend.”
“Then give freely, trusting that you will also be given what you need.”
Self-Sufficiency
A Daughter says to her Father:
“Father, today I fought with my friend.”
Her Father says: “Why did you fight with your friend?”
“Because she insulted me, and I was angry.”
“Why were you so angry?”
“Because she lied about me.”
“My daughter, did your friend’s words change who you are?”
“No.”
“Then do not be angry. The opinions of others cannot damage you.”
Forgiveness
A Husband says to his Wife:
“Wife, today I fought with my enemy.”
His Wife says: “Why did you fight with your enemy?”
“Because I hate him.”
“My husband, why do you hate him?”
“Because he wronged me.”
“The wrong is past. You must let it rest where it lies.”
Kindness
A Wife says to her Husband:
“Husband, today I fought with my enemy.”
Her Husband says: "Why did you fight with your enemy?”"
“Because I spoke cruel words to her.”
“My wife, why did you speak cruel words to her?”
“Because I believed them to be true.”
“Then you must no longer think cruel thoughts. Cruel thoughts lead to cruel words, and hurt you as much as they hurt their target.”
Substance: Soil
Color: Orange
Nickname: Softies
Favored Trait: Harmony
Clothing: Red, yellow, and orange while loose and flowing.
Role: Agriculture

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Candor
divergent-movie-faction-symbols-candor.jpg
"Dishonesty is rampant, Dishonesty is temporary, Dishonesty makes evil possible."
As it stands now, lies pervade society, families, and even the internal life of the individual. One group lies to another group, parents lie to children, children lie to parents, individuals lie to themselves. Dishonesty has become so integral to the way we relate to one another that we rarely find ourselves in authentic relationships with others. Our dark secrets remain our own.
Yet it is our secrets that cause conflict. When we are dishonest with the people around us, we begin to hate ourselves for lying; when we are dishonest with ourselves, we can never attempt to correct the flaws we find within us, the flaws we are so desperate to hide from our loved ones, the flaws that make us lie.
What has become clear is that lies are just a temporary solution to a permanent problem. Lying to spare a person’s feelings, even when the truth would help them to improve, damages them in the long run. Lying to protect yourself lasts for so long before the truth emerges. Like a wild animal, the truth is too powerful to remain caged. These are examples we clearly see in our own lives, yet we fail to understand that they do not just apply to the dynamic between ourselves and our neighbors, or ourselves and our friends.
What is society but a web of individual-to-individual relationships? And what is conflict except one person’s dark secret crashing into another person’s dark secret? Dishonesty is a veil that shields one person from another. Dishonesty allows evil to persist, hidden from eyes of those who would fight it.
"Dishonesty leads to suspicion. Suspicion leads to conflict. Honesty leads to peace."
We have a vision of an honest world. In this world, parents do not lie to their children, and children do not lie to their parents; friends do not lie to one another; spouses do not lie to each other. When we are asked our opinions we are free to give them without having to consider any other responses. When we engage in conversation with others, we do not have to evaluate their intentions, because they are transparent. We have no suspicion, and no one suspects us.
And most of all — yes, above all else —we are free to expose our dark secrets because we know the dark secrets of our neighbors, our friends, our spouses, our children, our parents, and our enemies. We know that while we are flawed in a unique way, we are not unique because we are flawed. Therefore we can be authentic. We have no suspicions. And we are at peace with those around us.
"Truth makes us transparent. Truth makes us strong. Truth makes us inextricable."
We will raise our children to tell the truth. We will do this by encouraging them to speak their minds at every moment. For the child, withholding words is the same as lying. We will be honest with our children even at the expense of their feelings. The only reason people cannot bear honesty now is because they were not raised hearing the truth about themselves, and they can’t stand to. If children are raised to hear both honest praise and honest criticism, they will not be so fragile as to crumble beneath the scrutiny of their peers. A life of truth makes us strong. Adulthood will be defined as a time at which each member of society is capable of bearing every other member’s dark secrets, just as every other member will be subjected to The Full Unveiling in which every hidden part of their life is laid bare before their fellow members. They, too, will see the hidden parts of their fellow members’ lives. In this way we bear one another’s secrets. In this way we become inextricable. The truth makes us inextricable."

Substance: Glass
Color: Black and white
Nickname: Smart mouths
Favored Trait: Honesty
Clothing: Black and white formal clothes

Role: Judiciary System

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Choosing? I'm not good with choices, at all.

I've done an "official" online test, I came out as Divergent with Abnegation, Amity and Erudite as my three. I haven't got an ounce of Dauntless in me and Candor is too black and white. I do sometimes have white lies or I would lie to save someone.

I did come out as Abnegation on top though, more than the others, but I don't see myself as being that selfless. I like all three factions for different reasons. And they all have some issues too. I hesitate when wanting to help someone out, I'm not that great at being in harmony with other humans and agriculture sounds like too much work (and dirty, I don't like that) and Erudite, well I'd probably be too laissez faire about it all (laid-back nature). I love to learn but on my own terms and only the topics that interest me.

Maybe Abnegation is best after all. If I get a bit more confident I'd be able to do it. There's possibly more hurdles with the other two.

What about you? I'm guessing Erudite maybe?

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Factionless but first Erudite. I'd probably go for Erudite and get kicked out. Then I would wind up probably sweeping floors for the faction-less, possibly doing tech support or become a factionless trucker.

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
Choosing? I'm not good with choices, at all.

I've done an "official" online test, I came out as Divergent with Abnegation, Amity and Erudite as my three. I haven't got an ounce of Dauntless in me and Candor is too black and white. I do sometimes have white lies or I would lie to save someone.

I did come out as Abnegation on top though, more than the others, but I don't see myself as being that selfless. I like all three factions for different reasons. And they all have some issues too. I hesitate when wanting to help someone out, I'm not that great at being in harmony with other humans and agriculture sounds like too much work (and dirty, I don't like that) and Erudite, well I'd probably be too laissez faire about it all (laid-back nature). I love to learn but on my own terms and only the topics that interest me.

Maybe Abnegation is best after all. If I get a bit more confident I'd be able to do it. There's possibly more hurdles with the other two.

What about you? I'm guessing Erudite maybe?

Correct.

In order

Erudite
Candor
Amnesty
Amity
Dauntless

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
YOUR CHOICES DEMONSTRATE THE VIRTUES OF MORE THAN ONE FACTION,
SCORING HIGHEST IN DAUNTLESS AND ERUDITE TRAITS

Dauntless and Erudite were about equal and then it was Candor, Amity and Abnegation. I disagree! I would choose Abnegation! Damn internal contradictions! :mad:

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
YOUR CHOICES DEMONSTRATE THE VIRTUES OF MORE THAN ONE FACTION,
SCORING HIGHEST IN DAUNTLESS AND ERUDITE TRAITS

Dauntless and Erudite were about equal and then it was Candor, Amity and Abnegation. I disagree! I would choose Abnegation! Damn internal contradictions! :mad:

Try this one:

The Official Divergent Quiz: Which Faction Do You Belong In?

or this one:

Which "Divergent" Faction Do You Actually Belong In?

I got the same in both, which kind of surprised me. But the movie has the tests for each faction, and I can understand why I got what I got... what I want from others really isn't what I want for myself.

Last edited: