• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dive Bar

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm at a dive bar and sitting next to my friend. I told her I was gonna pull out my scuba gear, but she says all I need is a snorkel. What do you think? What does a dive bar need?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
A dive bar...

A dive bar is typically a small, unglamorous, eclectic, old-style drinking establishment with inexpensive drinks; it may feature dim lighting, shabby or dated decor, neon beer signs, packaged beer sales, cash-only service, and a local clientele. Wikipedia Dive Bar

Or

A bar near the sea, a lake or pool where divers hang out after (or before ) having fun diving

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
6f770c10-06e7-40eb-b726-8dfe4dd0a07f_text.gif

It was a rough place, the seediest dive on the wharf, populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It was worse than Detroit. The mood in the place was downright ugly. You wouldn't walk in there unless you knew how to use your fists. You could count on a fight breaking out almost every night.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
A dive bar...

A dive bar is typically a small, unglamorous, eclectic, old-style drinking establishment with inexpensive drinks; it may feature dim lighting, shabby or dated decor, neon beer signs, packaged beer sales, cash-only service, and a local clientele. Wikipedia Dive Bar

Or

A bar near the sea, a lake or pool where divers hang out after (or before ) having fun diving
I need a crooked pool table.

Viker

Häxan
6f770c10-06e7-40eb-b726-8dfe4dd0a07f_text.gif

It was a rough place, the seediest dive on the wharf, populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It was worse than Detroit. The mood in the place was downright ugly. You wouldn't walk in there unless you knew how to use your fists. You could count on a fight breaking out almost every night.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
You also need lots of smoke and dirty ashtrays, unless you're in a place where inside smoking is banned by law. In that case you need a spot just outside the door where you could pick up 500 cigarette butts per square meter if you want to.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
When we got married it was so wonderful and we keep it that way. My co-workers asked, “How do you stay happy?”
Easy I replied, we both go on dates twice a week. We have a romantic dinner, then have a drink or two at a local dive bar while listening to the music and getting our groove on.
“Wow really?” they said.
Yea he goes on Fridays and I go on Saturdays.