• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Distance of Sun

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
I read an interesting explanation of lines from Hanuman Chalisha

जुग सहस्त्र जोजन पर भानु ,
लील्यो ताहि मधुर फल जानू||18||
In eng--

Juga sahastra jojan par bhaanu |
Leelyo taahi madhur phal jaanu ||18||

juga means the sum of Four Yugas (1 complete Mahayuga) with unit in divine years.
Satiyuga= 4800 divine years
Tretayuga=3600 divine years
Dwaparyuga=2400 divine years
Kaliyuga=1200 divine years
Check wiki
Hindu units of time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So 1juga= 12000
Now next is sahastra (सहस्त्र) is common sanskrit word meaning "1000"

Next is jojan also know as Yojan that equals to 8 miles
Yojana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
lets calculate distance of sun from earth

Juga X Sahastra X jojan (in miles) = 12000X1000X8= 960,00000 miles
Now 1 mile= 1.6km
So 960,00000 miles= 960,00000X1.6 km = 1536,00000km.
Today estimated dist is approximately 15,0000000 km which is close to above.
:D

Last edited:

chinu

chinu

In eng--

juga means the sum of Four Yugas (1 complete Mahayuga) with unit in divine years.
Check wiki

So 1juga= 12000

Now 1 mile= 1.6km
Sumit, Do you know why monkeys have red buttocks ? Let me tell you.

Once "Hanuman ji" has a desire to eat up the SUN, Thus.. he went into the sky and eated it up, and SUN burned his buttocks when he passed it out the SUN in a ****.

As "Hanuman ji" is said to be the father of all monkeys, thus.. from that day all monkeys have red buttocks as the sign of that accident. :)

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Very interesting! Well ancient Hindus were really into stars and the sky, but it's really impressive considering there wasn't nearly the amount of tech...

Makes you wonder how they did it. ;)

chinu

chinu
Very interesting! Well ancient Hindus were really into stars and the sky, but it's really impressive considering there wasn't nearly the amount of tech...
Makes you wonder how they did it. ;)
Its mystery, rather than a history, So there isn't anything to wonder about, Kitty :)

GURSIKH

chardi kla

In eng--

Check wiki

So 1juga= 12000

Now 1 mile= 1.6km

Namaste Sumit ji :namaste:

Hanuman chalisa is Grt , with powerful mantras , but in your calculation you are violating a very basic principle of Physics .Dimentionally its incorrect .
Juga =12000 YEARS ie UNIT of TIME
Jojan= 8 MILES UNIT of Distance .

your unit have to be same on both side of equation

TIME X DISTANCE =DISTANCE (Wrong)

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Aw c'mon, it was the Ancient Aliens. :biglaugh: :run:

Seriously, I have always been epically and awesomely in awe of the skills of the ancient Indians. Their science, astronomy, mathematics and medicine, to name only a few predates that of the west by centuries, if not millennia. I forget where it is, but India has the world's largest sundial complex that is accurate to at least the second. Cataract surgery was being performed in the millennia BCE, with a very simple and elegant technique. Today it's a procedure second only to nuclear physics. :rolleyes: :D Dhanvantari was a legendary physician who is said to be the father of ayurvedic medicine. Dhanvantari is also an avatar of Vishnu, and the divine physician to both gods and men.

GURSIKH

chardi kla

Seriously, I have always been epically and awesomely in awe of the skills of the ancient Indians. Their science, astronomy, mathematics and medicine, to name only a few predates that of the west by centuries, if not millennia. I forget where it is, but India has the world's largest sundial complex that is accurate to at least the second. Cataract surgery was being performed in the millennia BCE, with a very simple and elegant technique. Today it's a procedure second only to nuclear physics. :rolleyes: :D Dhanvantari was a legendary physician who is said to be the father of ayurvedic medicine. .

agree ;)

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Namaste Sumit ji :namaste:

Hanuman chalisa is Grt , with powerful mantras ,
:namaste
Yes, Hanuman Chalisa is specially effective against ghosts(If you believe in them) and other paranormal activities. It's also reduces fear.

but in your calculation you are violating a very basic principle of Physics .Dimentionally its incorrect .
Yes, you are right. However these are not my calculation. Even when I checked, I found this problem. Hanuman chalisa are not scientific verses, but a poetic verses devoted to Hanuman and mostly used for protection. However there are some Indian texts such as Surya Siddhanta which are dedicated to Astronomy. :)

Aum_425

Disciple

Seriously, I have always been epically and awesomely in awe of the skills of the ancient Indians. Their science, astronomy, mathematics and medicine, to name only a few predates that of the west by centuries, if not millennia. I forget where it is, but India has the world's largest sundial complex that is accurate to at least the second. Cataract surgery was being performed in the millennia BCE, with a very simple and elegant technique. Today it's a procedure second only to nuclear physics. :rolleyes: :D Dhanvantari was a legendary physician who is said to be the father of ayurvedic medicine. Dhanvantari is also an avatar of Vishnu, and the divine physician to both gods and men.

I agree as well. It's so amazing how elaborate and all encompassing their knowledge was! Much of what we know today can somehow be related to that ancient wisdom. Taking modern science classes, studying Engineering, has been truly shifting perception wise. There are so many spiritual concepts, so much ancient wisdom, that relate to our modern science, it is crazy!

I bow to the ancestors!
:bow:

Much Love to You All!

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I firmly believe that human civilization is far, far older than anyone has so far imagined. Gopekle Tepe (sp?) in Turkey is dated at 11,000 years old. Even Robert Cargill, Ph.D. (professor of archaeology at Iowa St. Univ.) has said he believes human civilization is way older than they, as archaeologists, ever thought. If this is the case, there was plenty of time for these skills and technologies to have developed and then been lost, only to be developed again by us. I wonder how many times that's cycled over the course of human history, and will cycle. I wonder how many Gopekle Tepes, Mohenjo-daros, Harrappas, and who knows what else are buried in the sands and earth, and will be again.

Aum_425

Disciple
The important thing for intellects to understand, namely the scientific community, is that we don't know everything. There are a whole set of scientific thought trends, just as social trends, but it isn't as talked about. There are politics in science, just as every other area where man and money exist, but no one is told about it. It is my opinion that many in the scientific community are too confident. Physicists know not to be too confident, subatomic physics has shattered the minds of all over and over, but other fields aren't so humbling.

Anthropological study has it's errors, just as every other study. I'd like to see the error bars ;)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
That's one great thing about science... it may take 100 years, but "the truth will out".

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Acc to ancient Indian texts, Human civilization is approximately 1.96 crore years old.

That's almost 20 million years, I think? I don't think that's impossible, given the rates of evolution, and how long geologic time really is. We really can't fathom it.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you believe in evolution?? I believe in reverse evolution. :)

Yes, I believe in evolution. And from what I see of the human race, I'm beginning to believe in devolution too. :(