• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disposal of your remains?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Does your religion dictate how your body should be disposed of once you die?

Buried? Cremated? Laid out on the top of a mountain for wild birds to devour?

What exactly does it require you do with your remains? Or rather, what does it require others to do with them, to meet the demands of your religion?

And why does your religion require what it requires?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
For me:

No requirements

Whatever I want

I choose cremation

Because I want my remains to be totally destroyed :D

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Death is to be accepted as it is and not ignored. So however i am disposed of i do not wish to be embalmed. That is ignoring the truth of death slowing the process of decomposition and pollutes the earth.

Viker

Häxan
No. People are allowed to have the type of funeral and internment they desire. Few have gone for a more natural process or even cremation. But there is no requirement or mandate. Part of respecting the dead is respecting the wishes of them while still alive.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No religion so its down to me...
Take my good bits if there are any and burn the rest.

After that I'll have to abide by french law that does not allow the scattering of dead people in public places...

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Cremation, as soon as possible after death, no embalming ... unless an autopsy is ordered by a court of law.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Religion says what it says (Cremation), but I want my body to go to dissection room of a medical college.
That is the final annihilation of ego.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
No religion here.

I don't want to be buried in a casket or embalmed. If someone needs my organs, they are welcome to them. If science wants to study my body, I encourage this.

I'd prefer what's left to be put under a tree so whatever nutrients I can provide are returned to the cycle of life. Otherwise, cremation works.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Buried? Cremated? Laid out on the top of a mountain for wild birds to devour?

What exactly does it require you do with your remains? Or rather, what does it require others to do with them, to meet the demands of your religion?

And why does your religion require what it requires?
In Revoltifarianism, the goal is to be useful.
My corpse will be donated for any transplantable organs,
with the rest being available for research (or practical
jokes by med students). Whatever's left will be treated
cheaply as medical waste.
Burial & cremation aren't green. Compost what's left.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No religion here.

I don't want to be buried in a casket or embalmed. If someone needs my organs, they are welcome to them. If science wants to study my body, I encourage this.

I'd prefer what's left to be put under a tree so whatever nutrients I can provide are returned to the cycle of life. Otherwise, cremation works.
I had not seen this when I posted.
It's like we share one brain!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
In CA composting is now going to be legal. That's my vote once I've left the physical body behind.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Death is to be accepted as it is and not ignored. So however i am disposed of i do not wish to be embalmed. That is ignoring the truth of death slowing the process of decomposition and pollutes the earth.
I dislike the idea of embalming. It gives me the same off-putting feeling as taxidermy does.