• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dispensations!?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
(This is in the Christianity DIR)

I think dividing humankind's relationship with God into different historical dispensations is a good and useful thing that helps us better understand humankind's changing relationship with God, and helps us see the plan he has for us

Dispensationalism - Wikipedia

Here's how the different dispensations relate to different modes of salvation:

https://www.christiantruthcenter.com/the-eight-ages-or-dispensations-of-god-in-saving-man/

What do people think about dispensations???

whirlingmerc

(This is in the Christianity DIR)

I think dividing humankind's relationship with God into different historical dispensations is a good and useful thing that helps us better understand humankind's changing relationship with God, and helps us see the plan he has for us

Dispensationalism - Wikipedia

Here's how the different dispensations relate to different modes of salvation:

8 Dispensations of God in Saving Man

Dispensationalism can miss some of the overarching unity of the Bible, overly chopping it up.

pearl

Could you explain where you intend to take this? To jump ahead, are you leading up to the Rapture, the seven-year Tribulation, and the literal thousand-year reign of Christ?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Could you explain where you intend to take this? To jump ahead, are you leading up to the Rapture, the seven-year Tribulation, and the literal thousand-year reign of Christ?
I was interested to hear if there were any objections to it

But yes, I am looking ahead to End Times

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think these are purely artificial divisions that reflects the person or group of persons that come up with them. Anyone can divide it up any way they want, but it's only about themselves and how they see things. It's not a case of "what the Bible tells us", but "What I see in the Bible". The latter is accurate, the former is not.

pearl

But yes, I am looking ahead to End Times

Is it not true that most people who hold Dispensational beliefs assume they are based in the Bible and have ancient roots? But Dispensationalism has been around less than two hundred years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in dispensationalist belief those who receive this dispensation are literally 'taking up' before the 1000 year rapture, with particular attention given to modern-day Israel, since it was believed these great events would finally come to pass in the generation immediately following Israel's re-emergence as a nation. Then, after his Second Coming, Christ would set up his kingdom in Jerusalem and reinstate the sacrificial system of the Mosaic covenant, including the sacrificing of animals in the Temple. This millennial reign would last one thousand years, etc.

Good-Ole-Rebel

All Christians are Dispensationalist's to a degree. If you believe there is an Old and New Testament, you are dispensational.

Good-Ole-Rebel