• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disney Removes Simpsons Episode For Hong Kong

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Canuckustanian products being Bryan Adams, Alanis Morissette, maple syrup,.....and.....? They make stuff?:confused:
I buy Ameristanian maple syrup.
And those names...I don't know what they are.
Oh, that Canuckistanian bicycle I ordered so
many years ago...I asked for a refund.
Give'n up on ever receiving it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Know'm?
Never heard of'm.
Ok, this is where I'm Tom when he's dumbfounded over Uncle Ruckus not knowing anything about Roots.
Summer of '69?
Please Forgive Me?
Straight From the Heart?
Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?
Can't Stop This Thing We Started?
It's Only Love?
:confused:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Dang...I thought the news was funny, &
made China look as oppressive as usual.
Dint expect all the hostility towards Disney.

And RF, where business is so hated.

Business is not hated; exploitative and inconsistently "ethical" business is.

The Disney Company’s recent controversy – The Western Howl

The ‘happiest place on earth’ is the complete opposite for its workers

Disney workers walk out over ‘don’t say gay’ bill as company sends mixed messages

Should people point fingers at China for censoring a joke about slave labor but ignore Disney's own awful labor conditions or their silence on anti-LGBT legislation at home that they only denounced when some workers walked out?

The CCP's censorship is pitiful. So is Disney's record. I understand why people would dislike both in this instance.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Canuckustanian products being Bryan Adams, Alanis Morissette, maple syrup,.....and.....? They make stuff?:confused:
Not at all -- well, maybe with a few exceptions:
  • A Life-Saving Treatment for Diabetes (Banting and Best discover insulin in 1921)
  • The Invention of the First Pacemaker (In 1949, Dr. John Hopps, in collaboration with researchers at the University of Toronto Banting Institute, developed the world’s first cardiac pacemaker.)
  • Uncovering a main cause of infertility (In the 1960s, Dr. Henry Friesen, an endocrinologist at McGill University, discovered the human pituitary hormone called prolactin. This helped to uncover its role in infertility)
  • The Discovery of the Cystic Fibrosis Gene (In the 1980s, cystic fibrosis (CF), a genetic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system, was a fatal diagnosis. The average life expectancy was around 20 years in Canada, and even lower in many countries around the world. In 1989, doctors at The Hospital for Sick Children, Dr. Lap-Chee Tsui, Dr.Manuel Buchwald and Jack Riordan discovered the gene that causes CF. Dr. Tsui was inducted into the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame for “the most significant breakthrough in human genetics in 50 years.” This discovery was the first step towards a cure for thousands of affected patients and has led to many further discoveries about the origins of this hereditary and devastating disease)
  • Using Stem Cells to Stop Cancer (Canadians have always been leaders in stem cell research. In 1994, Toronto physician Dr. John Dick isolated cancer stem cells, to find that colon cancer originates from a rare type of colon cancer)
  • Performing Ground-Breaking Transplants (In January 2017, doctors saved a woman’s life by removing her infected lungs prior to an available transplant, a medical first. She survived the procedure and received a successful lung transplant six days later. In 1988, the first successful liver-bowel transplant worldwide was performed in London, Ontario. And in the 1950s, doctors in Toronto performed the world’s first successful transplant of heart valves. Canadian physicians have also made major advances in fetal heart interventions, saving the lives of children before they are born. And doctors in Toronto completed the nation’s first successful hand transplant in January 2016)
  • The First Ebola Vaccine (not much more to be said)
  • Using viruses to kill cancer cells (In 2015, Canadian researchers launched the world’s first clinical trial of a therapy that uses a combination of two viruses to stimulate an anti-cancer immune response and subsequently kill cancer cells. Immunotherapy has great potential, not only to cure cancer, but also because it has less harsh side effects than conventional radiation and chemotherapy treatment.)
But nothing really important...

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Not much of a sense of humor in those Chinese leaders, eh.
Disney removes 'Simpsons' episode with Chinese 'forced labor camps' reference from Hong Kong streaming service

That reference was nuthin.
I wonder what they think of this couch gag.
(At 19 seconds, you catch a glimpse of Willie.)

Simpson's were originally totally banned in China. In there eyes it was a cartoon, and cartoons were for kids..... they quickly found out they did not want their kids watching it...and it was banned

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ok, this is where I'm Tom when he's dumbfounded over Uncle Ruckus not knowing anything about Roots.
Summer of '69?
Please Forgive Me?
Straight From the Heart?
Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?
Can't Stop This Thing We Started?
It's Only Love?
:confused:
I'm white.
I got no particular roots.
No particular culture.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I prefer Ameristanian, Canuckistanian, Taiwanese,
Japanese, & German products to Chinese.

Not sure that statement would go over well with Mrs Revoltingest...also might get her thinking about any Ameristanian, Canuckistanian, Taiwanese, Japanese, and German "products" you are be associating with

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not sure that statement would go over well with Mrs Revoltingest...also might get her thinking about any Ameristanian, Canuckistanian, Taiwanese, Japanese, and German "products" you are be associating with
She seldom has problems with things I buy.