• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

dislike atheism

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
glad you ask. by using the intellect. gods are a logical approach of life. we can't see them like we see an apple or a tree, but they are the logical cause of reality. they are not imaginary either. their powers are real because they form the universe. when you ask ''how everything happened'' gods are the answer that fulfill the gap.

energy and essence form the matter. the matter has faces and we can see it.

everywhere

Pantheism?

Youre belief isnt logical.

1. You see the sky
2. You ponder, hmm, Im created so is the sky
3. You conditiom yourself (or from others) to believe there id a creator cause logic depends a creator to every creation (regardless if matter already existed and never was created)
4. After many god-events that turns into self fulfilled prophecy, everything you may not understand you atribute to gods.

The logical approach is

1. You have the sky
2. You Assume based on Your knowledge and experience that there is a creator
3. You form correlations between gods and reality to make sense of the world.
4. Its logical to You

But in order to make sense youd have to admit your logic is not universal. Its personal. Its also psychological.

For example, "who created you?" Question sounds more like a sense of lost if there wasnt a Belief in a creator. It probably gives you a sense of peace without at the same time claiming you know because of the loophole in terminology: essense, god, etherreal, force

But no actual real explaination of the nature of the essense and force you speak of.

Logically, youd have to take your assumptions, test them, and show proof that the universe was created by something outside of itself.

Since we're not special, it is not possible to do. The psychological part is people try regardless.

Interesting it is. Youd think this god thing is part of human nature. I had surgery from life/death seizures. I almost was inches away of getting hit by two cars. Been in the hospital many of times. Never thought of god.

Its more so conditioned. Not a fact and most certainly not logical.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
atheists deny a creator god but they don't deny their own being. why and how do we exist then, if not for a creating power? so atheists believe that only themselves exist, and the creation power is imaginary. atheism is totally wrong. they deny the creator god, and they think that only their own temporary being exists. how atheism has followers is strange.

As an ex-atheist, I think the 2nd reply to this thread explains it

atheism doesn't make an argument for our existence on it's own merits, it claims a 'default truth' by merely rejecting the alternative, which is explicit in the name a-theism.

As 'theists' we could do exactly the same thing, simply call ourselves a-materialists, reject the notion of accidental unguided mechanisms creating the universe and life, and 'default' to the alternative.

We don't do this, because there are plenty positive arguments for theism on it's own merits.:)

Mohsen

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Amazing you asked this :)

did you create yourself?

Or were they created by nothing?, or were they the creators [of themselves]?
Or did they create the heavens and the earth?
Rather, they are not certain. - The Qur'an 52:35/36

Let's break this down,

Or were they created by nothing?

From nothing, nothing comes!
or were they the creators [of themselves]?
One would have to already exist and that would indeed be a paradox! The next verse, God shifts the attention from the human to the universe -
Or did they create the heavens and the earth?
Of course not!
Rather, they are not certain
This final part of the verse is what really hits home. Atheists will forever be in disagreements with each other on the nature of not just the creation of mankind, but also the universe!

Whereas the believer has certainty, purpose, objective morality etc.

Peace

leibowde84

Veteran Member
atheists deny a creator god but they don't deny their own being. why and how do we exist then, if not for a creating power? so atheists believe that only themselves exist, and the creation power is imaginary. atheism is totally wrong. they deny the creator god, and they think that only their own temporary being exists. how atheism has followers is strange.
You have failed to present any evidence to back up your claims here. Not quite an argument.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
What's wrong with accepting the fact that we just don't know. A theory (like God's existence) is not bolstered simply because it provides answers to questions. The most reasonable position is to accept the fact that we are all ignorant as to whether God exists until tangible, testable, verifiable evidence is produced.

FlyingTeaPot

Irrational Rationalist. Educated Fool.
I don't see how you can disagree with the notion that the best minds produce the most complex and beautiful constructs.
What is more complex and beautiful than the entire Universe?
Well, then it seems to me that whoever created God must be EVEN MORE complex and beautiful than God. And the one who created the other whoever MUST BE EVEN MORE complex and beautiful than whoever. And the third whoever MUST BE EVEN MORE COMPLEX AND BEAUTIFUL than double whoever. I could go on until all my letters would have to be capitalized, but I think you get my point :D

Derek500

Wish I could change this to AUD
Do theists feel threatened by the logic of atheists?
I do (or rather my faith in my faith does). Just look at this thread. The argument from a theist starts with a strawman and that's about it. No logic involved.

Last edited:

Derek500

I don't feel threatened at all by the logic of atheists - I was one myself for 20+ years.
A better question might be 'Do atheists feel threatened by the logic of theists?'
Of course you're most welcome to start your own thread on that.

Derek500

I don't feel threatened at all by the logic of atheists - I was one myself for 20+ years.
A better question might be 'Do atheists feel threatened by the logic of theists?'

Why is it that so many religious people most always trot out the ‘I used to be an atheist’ line?

The numbers in surveys in the western world contradict it.

Does LionLooking actually expect us to accept he disbelieved in god for years and then found God?

If I had a Rand for every religious person who ‘used to be an atheist’ then I'd be richer than Bill Gates.

Sure, there's a minuscule number of atheists who decide to become religious.

There's a much larger group of religious people who were unhappy with the particular cult they were raised in and spent time outside organized religion until they found some sect which appealed to them.

There's an even larger group of religious people who flat out lie about being atheists in a vain attempt to score points. The fact that points are almost never scored doesn't seem to bother the Liars for Jesus.

As any Fundamentalist "University" in the US can tell you (and did),’ Lying for Jesus’, especially to the heathen, isn't really lying and is perfectly normal in the eyes of their favourite Gods.

So, LionLooking, I don't believe you.

Rational Agnostic

How does the creator exist if not for a creating power? Introducing a creator doesn't solve anything. It just raises more questions.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

YES, it is "funny" how atheism leads to solipsism. All an atheist need do is ask a boxer to punch him in the nose to verify that both he and the boxer exist in reality.