glad you ask. by using the intellect. gods are a logical approach of life. we can't see them like we see an apple or a tree, but they are the logical cause of reality. they are not imaginary either. their powers are real because they form the universe. when you ask ''how everything happened'' gods are the answer that fulfill the gap.
energy and essence form the matter. the matter has faces and we can see it.
Youre belief isnt logical.
1. You see the sky
2. You ponder, hmm, Im created so is the sky
3. You conditiom yourself (or from others) to believe there id a creator cause logic depends a creator to every creation (regardless if matter already existed and never was created)
4. After many god-events that turns into self fulfilled prophecy, everything you may not understand you atribute to gods.
The logical approach is
1. You have the sky
2. You Assume based on Your knowledge and experience that there is a creator
3. You form correlations between gods and reality to make sense of the world.
4. Its logical to You
But in order to make sense youd have to admit your logic is not universal. Its personal. Its also psychological.
For example, "who created you?" Question sounds more like a sense of lost if there wasnt a Belief in a creator. It probably gives you a sense of peace without at the same time claiming you know because of the loophole in terminology: essense, god, etherreal, force
But no actual real explaination of the nature of the essense and force you speak of.
Logically, youd have to take your assumptions, test them, and show proof that the universe was created by something outside of itself.
Since we're not special, it is not possible to do. The psychological part is people try regardless.
Interesting it is. Youd think this god thing is part of human nature. I had surgery from life/death seizures. I almost was inches away of getting hit by two cars. Been in the hospital many of times. Never thought of god.
Its more so conditioned. Not a fact and most certainly not logical.