• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

dishonesty

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Cliff Burton of Metallica said,

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.", (Paul Gerhardt, 1607-1676). These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives.", (Stephen R. Donaldson, born in 1947). "All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation take me home?", (Burton).

Then he died soon after in a van crash.

This story has always impressed me to be honest.

Eyes to See

It makes me think of the fact that everything we do has an effect on everyone around us. Many people do not understand the effect they have on society as individuals. All it took was one lie to condemn the entire human race.

Who you are as a person and how you interact with others has a chain reaction that effects the human society as a whole. That is interesting to contemplate.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Then he died soon after in a van crash.

This story has always impressed me to be honest.
It was human error on the drivers part, and a "flip of the coin" that put Cliff rather than Lars in the fatal spot. I am curious what about it is impressive. Basically a reflection of the fact we live in a chaotic world where we only have the illusion of tomorrow.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
It was human error on the drivers part, and a "flip of the coin" that put Cliff rather than Lars in the fatal spot. I am curious what about it is impressive. Basically a reflection of the fact we live in a chaotic world where we only have the illusion of tomorrow.
Yassir Arafat also had a situation where he felt he should switch places on an airplane and he would have died if he hadn't. I had a similar situation with avoiding brain damage.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yassir Arafat also had a situation where he felt he should switch places on an airplane and he would have died if he hadn't. I had a similar situation with avoiding brain damage.
Trump can say the same thing (he avoided a helicopter crash). It's something that just happens in our crazy, chaotic world. Several people at least due to coincidences of this nature ended up not being on the doomed airplanes or World Trade Towers on 9/11 as they had originally planned. These things happen.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Trump can say the same thing (he avoided a helicopter crash). It's something that just happens in our crazy, chaotic world. Several people at least due to coincidences of this nature ended up not being on the doomed airplanes or World Trade Towers on 9/11 as they had originally planned. These things happen.
Perhaps you are right, but many things influence people spiritually.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I'll tell you what though Shadow Wolf. When I avoided the possible brain damage I felt a once-in-a-lifetime warning to get off the water raft and into the boat.