• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussing Genesis 1&2 - The Beginning

Seve

Here' how I see it:

Genesis 1 is an Outline of ALL of the events leading to the Creation of the Perfect Heaven
. Most of the rest of the Bible refers to the present 6th Day, but ALL of the Bible refers to the events of God's 6 Creative Days. That's why we are taken back to the 3rd Day at Gen 2:4. The narrative is adding details to the events listed in Gen 1. Both accounts Gen 1 & 2 agree totally and in detail.

Since God sees the end from the beginning, Isa 46:10 He wrote the complete HISTORY of His Seven Days in the first 34 verses of Genesis. At Gen 2:4 the narrative RETURNS to the details of the THIRD Day.

[Isa 46:10 KJV] 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

In other words, the first 34 verses of Genesis tell us the ENTIRE History of God's 7 Days of Creation, including events which will NOT happen until AFTER Jesus returns to this Planet. Gen 1:28-31.

Here’s a brief summary of how I read the first five verses of the the Book of Genesis - The Beginning:

Genesis 1:1 Is a Preface or Summary - The Story of the Beginning of the Physical World
Genesis 1:2 Tells us the condition of the deep - empty / void - before the making of the physical world.
Genesis 1:3 The bringing forth of the LIGHT before anything is made that was made.... before the world was.
Genesis 1:4 The division of light from darkness - the first work of old.
Genesis 1:5 The evening and the morning the first day of creation.

As you can see, based on the above perspective of the cited texts, our physical heaven and earth that we know of today is still formless and void on the 1st Day of Creation. The 1st formation of the firmament of Heaven took place on the 2nd Day - Gen 1:6-8. The Earth was formed/made on the 3rd Day.

Your thought…..

God bless

Seve

The Son of God was at the bosom of the invisible Almighty God Father... from the beginning...from everlasting.... before the actual making of the Physical Worlds.

When God said, “Let there be Light (Gen 1:3)…. YHWH, the Son, CAME FORTH (begotten) into the Physical World from the invisible Spirit of the Father... becoming the Only God ever Physically formed or that ever will be Physically formed for us to see and witness. He became the express image of the invisible God, bodily or physically. He was Not Created, since, He was already God himself from the Beginning; from Everlasting.

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses (eye witnesses), saith the LORD (YHWH), and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

YHWH, the Son of the invisible God, provided the Light in the Beginning of Creation (Alpha), just as He will be the Light of the New Heaven to come (Omega) ref. Rev 21:23, which has No need for the Sun nor Moon to shine in it simply because.... the lamb is the light thereof. IOW, his image is brighter than the noon day sun.

Rev21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Without the Son of God, was Not anything made that was made, because Everything Physical was formed / made - as a potter would mold a clay - by the Physical Hands of the Only God, the Only Image, the Only Begotten Son of the Invisible Spirit of God.

When we get to Heaven, we will truly understand that the Son is our One God, for In Him dwelleth ALL of the fullness of the Godhead, Bodily.

Note: The invisible Almighty God Father is a Spirit, without physical shape or form.... and changes not.

God bless

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Genesis is a compilation of various older (Sumerian, Babylonian, Canaanite, and Ugarit) sources, blended edited and redacted with Hebrew traditional sources and oral myths. There is no value trying reconcile Genesis 1 and 2 that are two distinct different sources in the compilation.

It is best to just accept it as ancient mythology and move on.

Seve

Genesis is a compilation of various older (Sumerian, Babylonian, Canaanite, and Ugarit) sources, blended edited and redacted with Hebrew traditional sources and oral myths. There is no value trying reconcile Genesis 1 and 2 that are two distinct different sources in the compilation.

It is best to just accept it as ancient mythology and move on.

Dear shunyadragon,

Scripture says that those who have not been born again have eyes which CANNOT see, and ears which CANNOT hear. Tell us of your mysterious ability to see into the mind of another.

Audie

Veteran Member
Here' how I see it:

Genesis 1 is an Outline of ALL of the events leading to the Creation of the Perfect Heaven
. Most of the rest of the Bible refers to the present 6th Day, but ALL of the Bible refers to the events of God's 6 Creative Days. That's why we are taken back to the 3rd Day at Gen 2:4. The narrative is adding details to the events listed in Gen 1. Both accounts Gen 1 & 2 agree totally and in detail.

Since God sees the end from the beginning, Isa 46:10 He wrote the complete HISTORY of His Seven Days in the first 34 verses of Genesis. At Gen 2:4 the narrative RETURNS to the details of the THIRD Day.

[Isa 46:10 KJV] 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

In other words, the first 34 verses of Genesis tell us the ENTIRE History of God's 7 Days of Creation, including events which will NOT happen until AFTER Jesus returns to this Planet. Gen 1:28-31.

Here’s a brief summary of how I read the first five verses of the the Book of Genesis - The Beginning:

Genesis 1:1 Is a Preface or Summary - The Story of the Beginning of the Physical World
Genesis 1:2 Tells us the condition of the deep - empty / void - before the making of the physical world.
Genesis 1:3 The bringing forth of the LIGHT before anything is made that was made.... before the world was.
Genesis 1:4 The division of light from darkness - the first work of old.
Genesis 1:5 The evening and the morning the first day of creation.

As you can see, based on the above perspective of the cited texts, our physical heaven and earth that we know of today is still formless and void on the 1st Day of Creation. The 1st formation of the firmament of Heaven took place on the 2nd Day - Gen 1:6-8. The Earth was formed/made on the 3rd Day.

Your thought…..

God bless

It is just a story, which is why every known
bit of data ever uncovered shows it is a
fairy tale.

Seve

God doesn't tell us exactly in the Bible that He made everything from nothing (ex-nihilo). Here is what He told us which agrees with Albert Einstein's discoveries 2k years later:

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds (multiverse) were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Albert Einstein learned that energy and matter are opposite sides of the same coin. God simply flipped energy into matter in the beginning - before the world was.

Then, YHWH, the Son of God, took some of this air, dust, and water and flipped it again into Energy, at the Big Bang,which cooled and became our Cosmos.

That's the way the Supreme Intelligence of Creation makes worlds.

Our God is an Awesome God.

Seve

In other words:

Energy doesn't appear physically except when it's changed into physical matter. It took scientists thousands of years before Albert Einstein confirmed God's Holy Word with his theory of relativity.

Hbr 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds (multiverse) were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Einstein learned the SAME thing. He learned that matter and energy were the same. In order to make matter, it takes energy to produce matter in physical form. Then, you will have things which are seen, but made from things which do not appear to the eye.

Then WHERE did the energy to make 3 Universes or Multiverse come from, you might ask. Below is the answer for it tells us where God lives:

1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Can any one here who believe that Genesis is only figurative and not LITERAL (Atheist or ToE included) tells us HOW Moses or other ancient men, who lived thousands of years before science, authored the the Book of Genesis... and knew that (theory of relativity)? Of course not. It took men thousands of years before Albert Einstein discovered that Scientific Fact. It's PROOF of God……

Our God is an Awesome God.

sooda

Veteran Member
Dear shunyadragon,

Scripture says that those who have not been born again have eyes which CANNOT see, and ears which CANNOT hear. Tell us of your mysterious ability to see into the mind of another.

He's correct. The Hebrews borrowed liberally from the cultures of Sumer, Egypt and the Ugarit. ALL Bible scholars know this. This has nothing to do with "born again" unless being born again means rejecting all education.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Dear shunyadragon,

No special mysterious ability, simply the objective verifiable evidence of the literary history of the Pentateuch.

Any one claiming special abilities beyond the simple assertions of belief are fooling themselves with grandiose claims of self importance.

He's correct. The Hebrews borrowed liberally from the cultures of Sumer, Egypt and the Ugarit. ALL Bible scholars know this. This has nothing to do with "born again" unless being born again means rejecting all education.
What did they borrow from Egypt?
God tells the Israelites in Leviticus 18:3- You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices." So I seriously doubt that statement. Also you do know Abraham who is the father of the Hebrew nation was from Sumer. And God told him to get out of his country and he followed the true God so I doubt they followed any practices of the culture there either. We have to remember that just because something is written down first somewhere and sounds similar, doesn't mean it's the accurate account.

sooda

Veteran Member
What did they borrow from Egypt?
God tells the Israelites in Leviticus 18:3- You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they do in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices." So I seriously doubt that statement. Also you do know Abraham who is the father of the Hebrew nation was from Sumer. And God told him to get out of his country and he followed the true God so I doubt they followed any practices of the culture there either. We have to remember that just because something is written down first somewhere and sounds similar, doesn't mean it's the accurate account.

Circumcision, the Book of the Dead. Egypt controlled both Sinai and Canaan.

Evidence of Ancient Egyptian Influence in Israel Long After Exodus Discovered

Evidence of Ancient Egyptian Influence in Israel Long After Exodus Discovered [PHOTOS]

sooda

Veteran Member
If you mean the ones engaged in idolatry who disobeyed the God of Israel then sure. Maybe I wasn't specific enough. But I assumed you would get that impression from the scripture I posted. My bad for not being specific.

You lost me..

Here's a bit from the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

"O Usekh-nemmit, comer forth from Anu, I have not committed sin.

"O Fenti, comer forth from Khemenu, I have not robbed.

"O Neha-hāu, comer forth from Re-stau, I have not killed men.

"O Neba, comer forth in retreating, I have not plundered the property of God.

"O Set-qesu, comer forth from Hensu, I have not lied.

"O Uammti, comer forth from Khebt, I have not defiled any man's wife.

page 24"O Maa-anuf, comer forth from Per-Menu, I have not defiled myself.

"O Tem-Sep, comer forth from Tetu, I have not cursed the king.

"O Nefer-Tem, comer forth from Het-ka-Ptah, I have not acted deceitfully; I have not committed wickedness.

"O Nekhen, comer forth from Heqāt, I have not turned a deaf ear to the words of the Law (or Truth)."

Seve

Exactly, which of the Hebrews Scriptural Truth of the Book of Genesis did they borrowed from the cultures of Sumer, Egypt and the Ugarit???

Circumcision, the Book of the Dead.
As far as the book of the dead there's is absolutely no proof that Hebrews could read Egyptian glyphs to be able to even follow
You lost me..

"O Nefer-Tem, comer forth from Het-ka-Ptah, I have not acted deceitfully; I have not committed wickedness.

"O Nekhen, comer forth from Heqāt, I have not turned a deaf ear to the words of the Law (or Truth)."
How many times have I heard this one:rolleyes:.
Firstly, these are confessions after someone dies not commandments. They are in the 42 laws of Maat. The 10 commandments are given by God to living beings and they also have a punishment if you break them. They're actual laws. So there is no comparison.
Secondly, to say "I have not" committed these acts to these deities implies you must have been told that you should not commit these acts. Where is this law code? If you can't put a time stamp on a law code telling the individuals not to commit these acts then you can't say something was copied.
Thirdly, the first appearance of these so called 42 laws are in the papyrus of Maiherpri and are dated 1397-1388B.C. Scholars that believe the Exodus took place date the 10 commandments to 1446B.C. So who copied who?:peace:

sooda

Veteran Member
Exactly, which of the Hebrews Scriptural Truth of the Book of Genesis did they borrowed from the cultures of Sumer, Egypt and the Ugarit???

The flood myth is borrowed from Sumer as is the creation story. Much of Psalms is borrowed from the North Coast Canaanites. The Book of Daniel is Borrowed from an Assyrian poem that dates to 1500 BC..

You lost me..

Again, you never answered my question from the other post. You claim to be a Christian yet you respond negatively and deny Christian doctrine. What denomination do you belong to and what is their teaching on the nature of God. I believe you're trolling.

sooda

Veteran Member
As far as the book of the dead there's is absolutely no proof that Hebrews could read Egyptian glyphs to be able to even follow

How many times have I heard this one:rolleyes:.
Firstly, these are confessions after someone dies not commandments. They are in the 42 laws of Maat. The 10 commandments are given by God to living beings and they also have a punishment if you break them. They're actual laws. So there is no comparison.
Secondly, to say "I have not" committed these acts to these deities implies you must have been told that you should not commit these acts. Where is this law code? If you can't put a time stamp on a law code telling the individuals not to commit these acts then you can't say something was copied.
Thirdly, the first appearance of these so called 42 laws are in the papyrus of Maiherpri and are dated 1397-1388B.C. Scholars that believe the Exodus took place date the 10 commandments to 1446B.C. So who copied who?:peace:
Have you never heard of the code of Hammurabi?

The Code of Hammurabi dates to 1550 BC and the Egyptian book of the Dead dates to 1350 BC.

Last edited:
Have you never heard of the code of Hammurabi?
Again, you never answered my question from the other post. You claim to be a Christian yet you respond negatively and deny Christian doctrine. What denomination do you belong to and what is their teaching on the nature of God. I believe you're trolling.