• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discourse on Tradition

Suzy

Hi Iris.

First of all I am not too clever with computers so I apolagise for not doing the correct "quote thing"

You said this...

FIRST, There are two aspects with respect tradition and they are as follows:

(1) Tradition is not necessarily wrong, It is only wrong if it contradicts what is written in God's (YHWH's) word the Bible.

(2) Tradition that contradicts the word of God (YHWH) is from the Devil and is part of what is spoken of at 2 Corinthians 4:4, "in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of the unbelieving, that the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should not dawn [upon them]." (American Standard Version; ASV)

And also this...

I am a Spanish Moor and as you should well know we have many traditions and traditional dress. I conform to all these traditions to a large degree as long as they do NOT transgress the word of God (YHWH) which is my point. I cook the traditional foods, often dress in the traditional styles, etc. Some Spanish Moors practice idol/icon worship and of course I do NOT as that tradition transgress the word of God (YHWH).

Now because I am someone that finds it difficult to take in too much information at once,I have not read every word of your posts,or read all of the many links etc that you have posted.

I did enjoy reading what you posted above though, and because you have used your own life situation (Traditional dress etc) I found that it made the point that you were making realy stand out.

I do realise that there are many on the board that have a good understanding of bible knowledge and of history,but then there are others like myself that are at different stages of bible knowledge and learning so I feel that for me anyway the shorter explanations as you posted above are much better.

Sue