• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DIR Rules Poll, Satanism DIR

Which option do you prefer for your DIR? (Read Post before voting)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Panda

42?
Premium Member
As you may be aware we are currently changing the way all our DIR forums work and have decided to leave the option up to the individual members of each DIR to choose from. We have came up with two options that we think are suitable:

1. One method is the same as the way DIRs are currently run: non-members of that area are limited only to respectful questions, and are not allowed to make any non-question posts. These DIRs will remain blue as is currently the case.
  2. A second new method has been proposed for those DIR forums where, non-members of that area may make respectful posts that comply with the tenets and spirit of that area. This includes questions, as well as knowledgeable comments. These DIRs will be coloured green
We would like your opinions on the matter so please vote for how you want your DIR to be run. Please ONLY vote in your own DIR.

In the case where there is a limited number of votes, less than 4, then a DIR will remain blue. In the event of a tie or if the votes are extremely close with a large number of votes they will also remain blue. We will only change the DIR rules if there is a clear majority.

NOTE: This poll is public so we know only members of the DIR are voting. This poll will automatically close after 30 days.

Erebus

I've gone for option two. However my link to Satanism is debatable since he isn't the primary focus of my pantheon. I'm happy to go with majority opinion on whether my vote should count in this case (which is part of the point to the proposed changes really).

jasonwill2

this is what i dont get, the general LHP would be great to be green, but the Satanism or Luciferian DIR? um... hell im leaning at blue.

jasonwill2

You know what? I'll repeat what I said in the site feedback becaues this will literally rape so many misunderstood religions' DIRS;

This isn't even the whole thing, but most of it before my suggestion:

I'm not sure it's entirely a great idea to base what DIRs will get the new rule based on voting, but whatever.

My main concern is the Satanism sub DIRs and the LHP DIR

When I noticed all the polls, I found it strange that the LHP DIR did not have one, as it would be perfect green. However, the Satanism DIRs, not so much. While the general, main Satanism DIR could fair fine, turning at least the Theistic sub DIR (if turning Satanism DIR makes the sub ones turn that color) would ravage it.

Theistic Satanism is extremely diverse and eclectic, and my main concern is a non-Satanist coming in and spreading misinformation because they think that they now. The fact that it is hard to come up with solid information on Theistic Satanism in general is a very, VERY large issue here. They can just say "this told me", but yet even things that are otherwise reliable completely fail worth ******* nothing when it comes to Theistic Satanism. For the most part, the only non-Satanic source I have ever seen describe Satanism as a whole for what I've personally seen it, is (and I kid you not) the wikipedia article on "Theistic Satanism". And that is mostly because the article's information is based on actual Satanic sources.

I have read a lot of things on Theistic Satanism, and many, many sources have a lot wrong. Even Religioustolerance.com has a number of facts wrong, and obvious misrepresentations of interpretations or specific people or invocations that are taken out of context without the actual commentary being looked at.

I have found as well a plethora of other misinformation such as "its called Luciferianism" when referring to Theistic Satanism, other things about us being 100% reverse Christians, ect ect. In my opinion the only reliable information you can get on Theistic Satanism today is FROM Theistic Satanists. The religion is so highly misunderstood, even by LaVeyan Satanists often times that it's not even funny. Allowing non-Satanists into the Theistic Satanism DIR would absolutely destroy it, simply because someone can claim to understand it, and get away with their misinformation.

And how would you even judge who is knowledgeable on a given religion?
I'd rather leave this forum than see members of the Right Hand Path or certain Atheistic eliteist mindsets (Peter Gilmore, for example) pretend that they know anything about Theistic Satanism and misleading inquisitive people in the Theistic Satanism DIR. So many of both, quite frankly, spread right-out lies.

The pastors, High Priests, and others have actively sought to spread their own preconceptions about us to the entire world in so many media and outlets, some RHP some Satanic, that I can't stand it. Letting the Theistic Satanism DIR fall to this green rule (as a sub of the Satanism DIR) is destroying one more sanctuary that Theistic Satanists can actually talk or explain our side in peace without outsiders intruding. We are the ultimate scapegoats, both of the RHP, and of even some atheistic Satanic groups. I will do everything I can to stop either group from having free reign to claim "knowledge" and post in the Theistic Satanism DIR based on that.

I am fully against this for the LHP sub DIR's (I can't vote in the Setian one though as I'm not a Setian). It might be great to change the general LHP DIR to green, but the sub DIR's of the LHP DIR? No way, just NO.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like it really matters. The rules don't look like they're enforced here, I notice. For example, most of the posts contain debates, and there tons of posts here made by non-members already.

jasonwill2

We should take a clue from the Luciferian DIR tbh

but maybe the satanism DIR will be ok, i cant say until it happens either way

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
We should take a clue from the Luciferian DIR tbh

but maybe the satanism DIR will be ok, i cant say until it happens either way

What clue is that? Beat each other with flamming sticks lol. But seriously. How so?

jasonwill2

What clue is that? Beat each other with flamming sticks lol. But seriously. How so?

I'm just not sure how good it will turn out for the Satanism DIR in the long run, or at least the sub-Satanic DIRs. the main one might do fine but the second I see Christians or any ignorant fool trying to claim to be knowledgeable on Satanism I'll raise hell if they are not kicked out.

The thing is determining who is knowledgeable enough to give information on Satanism without being a Satanist is too hard to verify when there is even conflicting information between Satanists. Imagine how worse it is once outside preconceptions and misunderstandings (such as Lucifer=Satan to most theistic Satanists, or theistic satanism is called Luciferianism, we think that Yahweh is the devil, or we all believe we go to hell) come into play and is accused of being Theistic Satanism entirely or largely.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I voted #2 mostly because I see no harm with respectful questions or comments from non-practitioners. It doesn't give them free reign to blast our forum with propaganda as still think that would be out of character with these types of forums. If anything it is a losing of the belt, but I don't really see it changing the spirit of the content. Preaching as a Christian in this forum would still be against the rules basically as I understand it.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I voted option 2 because first of all, I'm not narrow minded, and second of all I feel that a lot of worthy and deep conversion is taken away due to the current forum rules. As I have personally been excluded from other DIRs and their discussions because of the current rules.