• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DIR Access

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi RF!

As a reminder, DIR (Discuss Individual Religion) forums are intended for use by people who identify with that religion/ideology/practice. Other members are only allowed to ask respectful questions in DIRs.

In your profile, please choose only up to a maximum of three DIRs to which you'd like access.

Thank you!

WalterTrull

Godfella
I guess I have to go read the rules again. I don't adhere to any organized religion. When I first came to the forum, I was told I couldn't join DIRs because of that. I was also told that if I wasn't a member, I couldn't post in DIRs. OK re-reading.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Hi RF!

As a reminder, DIR (Discuss Individual Religion) forums are intended for use by people who identify with that religion/ideology/practice. Other members are only allowed to ask respectful questions in DIRs.

In your profile, please choose only up to a maximum of three DIRs to which you'd like access.

Thank you!
Let's see...Dharmic for my Buddhism, LHP for my Luciferianism, Other Religious Practices for my Mysticism, and Non-revealed Religions for The Vinegar Tasters. Dang! I can't squeeze into only three! :( {I do miss chatting with the Christians and the Jews in the Abrahamic DIR}

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess I have to go read the rules again. I don't adhere to any organized religion. When I first came to the forum, I was told I couldn't join DIRs because of that. I was also told that if I wasn't a member, I couldn't post in DIRs. OK re-reading.

Sorry for any confusion Walter. Not all DIRs represent "organized religions," so perhaps you could find something that matches?
There is a Non-Revealed Religions DIR, Pantheism/Panentheism DIR, a Non-Theistic/Non-Religious Beliefs DIR, etc.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A maximum of three? Since when? I have access to more than three right now, as I fit into more than three buckets. I know many others here do as well. I'm confused.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
A maximum of three? Since when? I have access to more than three right now, as I fit into more than three buckets. I know many others here do as well. I'm confused.
It's been this way for years, it just isn't posted anywhere where people are likely to read it ( we're working on that right now), and if someone has more than three selected, it isn't the kind of thing that staff is likely to stumble across unless we already have a good reason for giving someone's profile the once-over.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
And to put people's minds at ease: having more than 3 DIRs selected isn't something we consider a rule violation. The only time it would be would be if we'd specifically asked you to trim your selection down to 3 and you didn't comply.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hi RF!

Thank you!
That's strange. I'm not even allowed in directives I'm not a member of in order to ask respectful questions.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
That's strange. I'm not even allowed in directives I'm not a member of in order to ask respectful questions.

You have to specifically select which DIRs you want access to through your profile. So outside those three, it's true, you can't post in any other DIR at all. Respectful questions can be asked in DIRs you have selected in your profile but with which you don't identify.

Does that make sense? I know it's a bit confusing.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You have to specifically select which DIRs you want access to through your profile. So outside those three, it's true, you can't post in any other DIR at all. Respectful questions can be asked in DIRs you have selected in your profile but with which you don't identify.

Does that make sense? I know it's a bit confusing.

That definitely clarifies things. Tx.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Hi RF!

Thank you!

It is my understanding that to select a DIR is not simply to claim it as an area of interest; it is to aver that I fundamentally "identify with that religion/ideology/practice". I hope that these claims are being made thoughtfully and honestly.