• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Diplomat testimony causes "sighs and gasps"

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Andrew Desiderio on Twitter

"Another source says the sighs & gasps were in reaction to Taylor describing “how pervasive the efforts were to tie an investigation of Burisma and 2016 election ‘interference’ to a White House meeting and aid being released.”"​

Diplomat provides House with ‘disturbing’ account on Ukraine

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former U.S. Ambassador William Taylor, a diplomat who has sharply questioned President Donald Trump’s policy on Ukraine, has provided lawmakers with a “disturbing” account of events at the center of the impeachment probe , Democrats said Tuesday.

Lawmakers emerging after the early hours of the private deposition said Taylor had given a lengthy opening statement, with a recall of events that filled in gaps from the testimony of other witnesses. They said Taylor kept records at the time of conversations and documents.

“The testimony is very disturbing,” said New York Rep. Carolyn Maloney. Rep. Dean Phillips, D-Minn., used the same word. Asked why, he said, “Because it’s becoming more distinct.”

Taylor’s appearance is among the most watched because of a text message, released by House investigators earlier in the probe, in which he called Trump’s attempt to leverage military aid to Ukraine in return for a political investigation “crazy.”

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., said Taylor “drew a straight line” with documents, timelines and individual conversations in his records at the hearing.

“I do not know how you would listen to today’s testimony from Ambassador Taylor and come to any other (conclusion) except that the president abused his power and withheld foreign aid,” she said.

That's the thing with career government employees.....they know to document everything. If this guy has actual documents showing how Trump specifically tied military aid to political favors, that should be enough to remove Trump from office.

However, given how Trump has remade the Republican party in his image, I'm not confident that a sufficient number of Republican Senators will care enough to put country over party.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It may be a close vote. That is, if these things are indeed documented well.
Trump's getting impeached no doubt about it. What happens in the Senate is another matter. Senators could easily decide that they prefer going into 2020 with President Pence. But one things for sure - they'll be paying very very close attention to the polling.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Key word "if" which seems a common word when it comes to all things Trump, could have, may have, it's possible are next.
It will all come out in the wash eventually, will you be upset if he isn't impeached due to lack of evidence?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Key word "if" which seems a common word when it comes to all things Trump, could have, may have, it's possible are next.
It will all come out in the wash eventually, will you be upset if he isn't impeached due to lack of evidence?

What's your opinion on Taylor's account?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

"Another source says the sighs & gasps were in reaction to Taylor describing “how pervasive the efforts were to tie an investigation of Burisma and 2016 election ‘interference’ to a White House meeting and aid being released.”"​

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former U.S. Ambassador William Taylor, a diplomat who has sharply questioned President Donald Trump’s policy on Ukraine, has provided lawmakers with a “disturbing” account of events at the center of the impeachment probe , Democrats said Tuesday.

Lawmakers emerging after the early hours of the private deposition said Taylor had given a lengthy opening statement, with a recall of events that filled in gaps from the testimony of other witnesses. They said Taylor kept records at the time of conversations and documents.

“The testimony is very disturbing,” said New York Rep. Carolyn Maloney. Rep. Dean Phillips, D-Minn., used the same word. Asked why, he said, “Because it’s becoming more distinct.”

Taylor’s appearance is among the most watched because of a text message, released by House investigators earlier in the probe, in which he called Trump’s attempt to leverage military aid to Ukraine in return for a political investigation “crazy.”

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., said Taylor “drew a straight line” with documents, timelines and individual conversations in his records at the hearing.

“I do not know how you would listen to today’s testimony from Ambassador Taylor and come to any other (conclusion) except that the president abused his power and withheld foreign aid,” she said.

That's the thing with career government employees.....they know to document everything. If this guy has actual documents showing how Trump specifically tied military aid to political favors, that should be enough to remove Trump from office.

However, given how Trump has remade the Republican party in his image, I'm not confident that a sufficient number of Republican Senators will care enough to put country over party.

Wording is everything... "disturbing"? doesn't sound convincing to me, especially after all the debacle the previous "investigations" have gone through.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Wording is everything... "disturbing"? doesn't sound convincing to me, especially after all the debacle the previous "investigations" have gone through.

Wait ..have you read the letter from Taylor? It's readily available on the internet.
(I got it in PDF format via the Washington Post here... https://www.washingtonpost.com/cont...-taylor/6b3a6edf-f976-4081-ba7f-bce45468a3ff/
)

Don't worry about commentary from pundits, it's always pretty biased. What's your opinion? Do you find it disturbing?

Riders

I cant believe where we are at now with this impeachment ..........few months ago I was being told it seemed like from everyone here that it doesn't matter if Democrats impeach because they can not impeach without Republicans agreeing with it.

Now we see if Democrats have a majority to vote impeachment we can. Its just that Republicans are responsible for for what happens to Trump.

So Republicans can say weather or not he gets to run again or stay and finish out his term. i don't see Republicans letting him run again I really don't.

I think the tide has shifted I really do. Couple of months ago everyone was saying ,even Democrats were saying Trump won't be impeached and he will run again and win.

I really see Trump as having gone down hill sense then and with Democrats voting to impeach I think his goose is cooked, I really think its gonna be over.

How many Presidents have been impeached and were able to run again and win? NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I feel like partying!!!!!!!!!!!

Riders

Highly doubt hell be running again.

Shad

Veteran Member
I heard X. I believe Y. Nothing first hand. Yawn. If the Dems have anything it would have been leaked by now.