• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dinosaurs

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Tis a very unevolved creature, since it doesn't even have wheels.

chapter-3-microbiology-8th-edition-69-638.jpg

we all have wheels!

peacecrusader888

Dinosaurs were huge animals. They "evolved" millions of years ago. How could we say that we or birds, etc. "evolved" from them? That is why I believe what the Holy Bible say. That we or dinosaurs were created.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Dinosaurs were huge animals. They "evolved" millions of years ago. How could we say that we or birds, etc. "evolved" from them? That is why I believe what the Holy Bible say. That we or dinosaurs were created.
Many dinosaurs were small, even the size of chickens.
Some had feathers.
Since birds have feathers & the same leg structure, it's plausible.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Not all dinosaurs were huge. Some were small and some were feathered and ancestors and cousins of birds.
This May Be Our Best Idea of What a Dinosaur Really Looked Like
http://gizmodo.com/this-laser-reconstruction-of-a-four-winged-dinosaur-is-1792800473
Laser-Fluore-144_lrg-1024x665.jpg

Like other early paravians, Anchiornis was small, about the size of a crow.[2] It had long, wing-bearing arms, long legs, and a long tail. Like all paravians, it was covered in feathers, though it also had scales on certain parts of the body. The wings, legs, and tail supported long but relatively narrow vaned feathers. Two types of simpler, downy (plumaceous) feathers covered the rest of the body, as in Sinornithosaurus: down feathers made up of filaments attached at their bases, and more complex down feathers with barbs attached along a central quill. Long, simple feathers covered almost the entire head and neck, torso, upper legs, and the first half of the tail. The rest of the tail bore pennaceous tail feathers (rectrices).[3] Long feathers on the head (crown) may have formed a crest.[1] While the first specimen of Anchiornis preserved only faint traces of feathers around the preserved portion of the body, many more well-preserved fossils have since been found. Studies of Anchiornis specimens using laser fluorescence have revealed not only more details of the feathers, but also of the skin and muscle tissue. Taken together, this evidence has given scientists a nearly complete picture of Anchiornis anatomy.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
the velociraptor which was only about the size of a turkey (not at all even close to the size Jurassic Park depicted them).
Eh, a little bigger than a turkey. But yeah, they were small.

Fun fact about the Jurassic Park velociraptors, they were the dinosaur that was made before it was discovered. They were placed at the height and size that they were to a) make them scarier, and b) so that men could use the suits for scenes like Roland Timbo's death. A guy can't really fit into a suit that's only a meter tall. However after Jurassic Park released, the fossil remains of what was later named Utahraptor were discovered. The paleontologist (I forget his name) said "I found Spielberg's raptor!" 2 meters tall (roughly six feet), which was around the height that JP placed their velociraptors.

jonathan180iq

None of these links supports the original intent of your previous post...

The lineages of these species aren't being debunked, they're simply being better defined. In each of the links you've provided, the researchers are refining what we know about their descent from other species - not separating them entirely. Each link also supports the idea of common descent and evolutionary theory, in case you didn't fully read the articles.

I appreciate your attempt at refraining from using Creationist links to support your argument. That at least lends it a bit more credibility. But these articles don't say what maybe you think they do.

Study challenges bird-from-dinosaur theory of evolution – was it the other way around? | News and Research Communications | Oregon State University

CORVALLIS, Ore. – A new study just published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences provides yet more evidence that birds did not descend from ground-dwelling theropod dinosaurs, experts say, and continues to challenge decades of accepted theories about the evolution of flight.

So all of the dinosaurs didn't turn into birds, and not all birds are evolved dinosaurs... That may be news to the layperson, but it's not to anyone who read about this stuff.

I find it interesting that when debating evolutionary findings you usually defer to populist understandings, as if that's the lynch pin of the Science. But I digress...

Some of the feathered dinosaurs may have descended from an original bird-like creature, and vice versa... Again, no surprises here.

Dogs are not Domesticated Wolves | Accumulating Glitches | Learn Science at Scitable
So dogs didn't come directly from the modern gray wolf, but rather both lineages descended from a common ancestor, and a single population of wolf-like dog was able to be bred into all of today's varieties of domesticated pet... Still, not making the point you intended.

"That finding suggests that dogs share a common ancestor with wolves, rather than having been domesticated from them. "Dog domestication is more complex than we originally thought," said John Novembre, a senior author on the study, in a press release. "In this analysis we didn't see clear evidence in favor of a multi-regional model, or a single origin from one of the living wolves that we sampled. It makes the field of dog domestication very intriguing going forward."

dog-wolf-tree.jpg

Again...
The first paragraph specifically says, oh king of quote-mining, that we didn't evolve from modern apes but that we share a common ancestor with modern apes.

"Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed 5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids."

In the words of Lavar Burton, "To learn more, head on down to your local library!"
db8cfe32-c428-4646-907f-4e80b3270397.jpg

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
That these classic evolutionary transitions imagined over 100 years ago- are not scientifically supported- is not all that 'new' now, or even controversial, outside of a small bubble of pop-science it seems

and pretty easy to find with your own search if you are curious about the state of the research , but here's a couple for you, these were quick searches but I don't believe any of them are from creation or ID scientists, (who figured this out long before the Darwinists did)

Study challenges bird-from-dinosaur theory of evolution – was it the other way around? | News and Research Communications | Oregon State University

CORVALLIS, Ore. – A new study just published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences provides yet more evidence that birds did not descend from ground-dwelling theropod dinosaurs, experts say, and continues to challenge decades of accepted theories about the evolution of flight.

No Single Missing Link Between Birds and Dinosaurs, Study Finds

No Single Missing Link Between Birds and Dinosaurs, Study Finds

Dogs are not Domesticated Wolves | Accumulating Glitches | Learn Science at Scitable

Dogs are not Domesticated Wolves

www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq/cat02.html
Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either.
Told ya.

Repox

Truth Seeker
I had a dream about dinosaurs. I was shoveling garbage in a large pit. Suddenly, as I shoveled, I saw dinosaur bones underground on continents throughout the earth. God's voice said, "Humans have desecrated my holy grave." Evidently, God wanted nature to evolve unmolested after the fall of paradise. There were no humans in paradise, just prehistoric creatures. God selected the period and froze time. The entire earth was paradise. Because God and His angels were in the world, it would have been heaven on earth. I had a vision about the earth aglow with God's holy light. I believe this dream is important because it concerns God's perspective about humans.

Last edited:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Eh, a little bigger than a turkey. But yeah, they were small.

Fun fact about the Jurassic Park velociraptors, they were the dinosaur that was made before it was discovered. They were placed at the height and size that they were to a) make them scarier, and b) so that men could use the suits for scenes like Roland Timbo's death. A guy can't really fit into a suit that's only a meter tall. However after Jurassic Park released, the fossil remains of what was later named Utahraptor were discovered. The paleontologist (I forget his name) said "I found Spielberg's raptor!" 2 meters tall (roughly six feet), which was around the height that JP placed their velociraptors.
If Jurassic world used real velociraptors:
441daf0d-2c74-4985-ba91-871da3427c63.jpg

Sapiens

Polymathematician
I had a dream about dinosaurs. I was shoveling garbage in a large pit. Suddenly, as I shoveled, I saw dinosaur bones underground on continents throughout the earth. God's voice said, "Humans have desecrated my holy grave." Evidently, God wanted nature to evolve unmolested after the fall of paradise. There were no humans in paradise, just prehistoric creatures. God selected the period and froze time. The entire earth was paradise. Because God and His angels were in the world, it would have been heaven on earth. I had a vision about the earth aglow with God's holy light. I believe this dream is important because it concerns God's perspective about humans.
You believe this is important, I believe is is simply off topic; and preachy too boot.

Repox

Truth Seeker
You believe this is important, I believe is is simply off topic; and preachy too boot.
Isn't this forum about religion? The topic is dinosaurs and I know what happened to them, so I post it. I feel sorry for the poor dinosaurs. I want a dinosaur skeleton in my backyard.

Last edited:

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Isn't this forum about religion?
Partially. The general topic is science and religion, which you do not address.
The topic is dinosaurs and I know what happened to them, so I post it.
Post what? Nothing to do with the evolution of dinosaurs.
I feel sorry for the poor dinosaurs.
Bully for you, they were on Earth likely longer than we will be.
I want a dinosaur skeleton for my backyard.
Keep digging.

Repox

Truth Seeker
Partially. The general topic is science and religion, which you do not address.
Post what? Nothing to do with the evolution of dinosaurs.
Bully for you, they were on Earth likely longer than we will be.

Keep digging.

You stated, "The general topic is science and religion, which you do not address." I addressed religion as a topic, so why do you say I don't?

As for science, I made a statement about evolution, "Evidently, God wanted nature to evolve unmolested after the fall of paradise."

I see no substance to your objections. My impression is you want no mention of God in postings. Well, as long as we are on the religious forum, it is a legitimate topic. The category for this thread is "Science and Religion."

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Finally a question I can sort of answer. Dinosaurs did come from reptiles but then evolved into raptors that then evolved into KFC. Which was more popular to eat and easier to raise in coops that lizards. So that's why we didn't eat all the lizards.

Also the world was smaller then as Nibaru had not yet collided with Earth , so there was less gravity which is why Dinosaurs grew so big and now they are small. So go eat some KFC and thank god for dinosaurs.
I thank god for "original recipe"! You can keep the spicy.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
You stated, "The general topic is science and religion, which you do not address." I addressed religion as a topic, so why do you say I don't?
The topic is Science and Religion, not religion all by itself. It about the relation between the two which you failed to address.
As for science, I made a statement about evolution, "Evidently, God wanted nature to evolve unmolested after the fall of paradise."
Do you really think that is science?
I see no substance to your objections.
That does not surprise me.
My impression is you want no mention of God in postings. Well, as long as we are on the religious forum, it is a legitimate topic. The category for this thread is "Science and Religion."
Mentioning god(s) is fine, but here it should relate to something concerning the interaction of science and religion.