• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Different

Aqualung

Tasty
Yeah, that is kind of dumb. Like people try to prove LDS wrong by using things that christians in general believe but htat lds don't

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
DanDanTheCoffeyMan said:
I hate it when athests uses to different religions, treat them as one and trie to prove it wrong, it doesn't work like that
Can you rephrase that please. I'm not understanding.

linwood

DanDanTheCoffeyMan said:
I hate it when athests uses to different religions, treat them as one and trie to prove it wrong, it doesn't work like that
Could you give an example?
I`m not sure what you mean.

Ody

It is a little annoying, because when it comes to religion you can't really disprove or prove.

Aqualung

Tasty
He's saying that like atheists will say, "Christians believe the earth is flat. You're christian. You must believe it. You're wrong." He's lamenting the fact that atheists tend to clump all religion and say that they all have the same beliefs.

turk179

I smell something....
I have not seen this occur that often on this forum but then again I lead a sheltered RF lifestyle:D . I agree with AlanGurvey though. You can not prove or disprove faith.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
DanDanTheCoffeyMan said:
I think I'm understanding the question as the following, but please correct me if I'm wrong

I hate it when atheists use different religions, treat them as one and try to prove it wrong. It doesn't work like that.

I'm not sure if it works like that or not. I respect both our theists and our atheists too much to assume that they'll only try one way of proving or disproving something.

linwood

FeathersinHair said:
I hate it when atheists use different religions, treat them as one and try to prove it wrong. It doesn't work like that.
If that`s what he`s saying then Mike is correct.

He`s guilty of the same oversight as those he`s criticizing

Ody

Based on his grammer, i believe its a case of a typo, i don't think he was saying all atheists, but some atheists.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
i thkni dat poeple shld mnd there own business wen it comes to pwuving or disproving religion. There are two types of worthwhile debates.

1. Going in with an open mind.
2. Going in with a closed mind, and trying to learn about another persons point of view.

everything else is vanity, pointless, or just good old-fashioned mean-spirited fun. *shrugs*

Personally, when it comes to religion, it's best to learn as much as you can. It broadens your worldview and makes you more tolerant.

ch'ang

artist in training
when it comes to religion you can't really disprove or prove.
This is because religions make claims that are supposed to lay outside our understanding/universe and then say prove me wrong, in science it is difficult if not impossible to prove a negative. This kinda seems like what Dan was talking about.

Bishadi

Ch'ang .... that's one "way" to look at it.

using Genesis versus evolution or my favorite is Qur'an versus Bible ..... in either sense ... it depends on what each calls the home team...... then we know what each believes as actual fact! .... or we get a forum like this that has many people sharing devout belief in "x" but is probably here because there is a "maybe" or "is it possible there is another view"......... :>

cardero

Citizen Mod
DanDanTheCoffeyMan said:
I have never come across that problem.