• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Different beliefs

dianaiad

I think its reasonable to believe when folks in this debate forums complain about treatment in debate forums they would be speaking of this forum.

There was no reference to a complaint about treatment in debate forums in the OP. In fact, no place, forum or specific area was mentioned...just the act of 'trash talk.' To assume that the writer of the OP was complaining only about debate forums, or indeed debate forums at all, is an unsupported assumption. When I replied, I certainly wasn't figuring that the OP author was talking about debate forums. I rather thought that the question was far more general than that....about 'trash talking,' not about where it occurs.

If not why not place the complaint to the person or forum he is talking about. When you gripe and complain about debate forums in this debate forum people will think its about this forum .

Except of course that there was no mention of a debate forum in the post.

Just sayin'.

But sense this is the only forum I am in what would be the actual point of me or anyone else giving any kind of a response at all in any way shape or form to this OP?

Perhaps because 'trash talking' against the beliefs of others occurs in places other than debate forums, and it's the 'trash talking' that is under discussion, not where it happens?

If he is speaking of a different forum,Uh I have no knowledge or experience of other forums or the one hes talking about works, if other arent on his other forum without experience or knowledge ofit I donot understand what anyone could say that would be of any help.

did you READ the OP? Can you show us anywhere in it that referred to debate forums generally, or this one in particular?

I'm sorry...but when I read it I certainly didn't see any hint that he was complaining about THIS FORUM. He was asking about 'trash talking' the beliefs of others.

Wherever it happens.

Are you under the impression that this forum is the only place where religion is discussed, so that of course the OP MUST be referring to this forum, and this forum only?

Even though there is absolutely no mention of this forum...or any other debate forum...in it?

Just curious here, because you are by no means the only poster here who has assumed that the OP was about THIS forum and only THIS forum.

I didn't see any reference to forum posts in the OP, and figured he was talking about the act of 'trash talking,' wherever it occurs. Somehow I figured that this forum would be an appropriate place to talk about it without assuming that the forum itself was being complained about.

But don't mind me. I'm weird. All know this.

Riders

There was no reference to a complaint about treatment in debate forums in the OP. In fact, no place, forum or specific area was mentioned...just the act of 'trash talk.' To assume that the writer of the OP was complaining only about debate forums, or indeed debate forums at all, is an unsupported assumption. When I replied, I certainly wasn't figuring that the OP author was talking about debate forums. I rather thought that the question was far more general than that....about 'trash talking,' not about where it occurs.

Except of course that there was no mention of a debate forum in the post.

Just sayin'.

Perhaps because 'trash talking' against the beliefs of others occurs in places other than debate forums, and it's the 'trash talking' that is under discussion, not where it happens?

did you READ the OP? Can you show us anywhere in it that referred to debate forums generally, or this one in particular?

I'm sorry...but when I read it I certainly didn't see any hint that he was complaining about THIS FORUM. He was asking about 'trash talking' the beliefs of others.

Wherever it happens.

Are you under the impression that this forum is the only place where religion is discussed, so that of course the OP MUST be referring to this forum, and this forum only?

Even though there is absolutely no mention of this forum...or any other debate forum...in it?

Just curious here, because you are by no means the only poster here who has assumed that the OP was about THIS forum and only THIS forum.

I didn't see any reference to forum posts in the OP, and figured he was talking about the act of 'trash talking,' wherever it occurs. Somehow I figured that this forum would be an appropriate place to talk about it without assuming that the forum itself was being complained about.

But don't mind me. I'm weird. All know this.

Well just exactly what was he talking about saying people are trash talking others religion in a debate forum actually without naming a person or organization still points to a debate forum. Why Would he put it up here if not speaking of debate forums that does not make sense.

If he had named an organization a specific person or specific event then it would make sense.But no it makes no sense to put it up here unless hes speaking of this forum, or unless he gives a specific incident or organization,In others hes just saying why people mean to others and put down others religions?

Sorry but there's nothing to be said to that except that biggotry exists in all a religions. There's nothing to reply to,hes not naming an organization an event and hes not talking about this debate forum? Hes just asking why are people predjudice there's no answer to that.You made it look way worse. In other words this does not apply to him so why ask the question why even reply?

dianaiad

Well just exactly what was he talking about saying people are trash talking others religion in a debate forum actually without naming a person or organization still points to a debate forum. Why Would he put it up here if not speaking of debate forums that does not make sense.

If he had named an organization a specific person or specific event then it would make sense.But no it makes no sense to put it up here unless hes speaking of this forum, or unless he gives a specific incident or organization,In others hes just saying why people mean to others and put down others religions?

Sorry but there's nothing to be said to that except that biggotry exists in all a religions. There's nothing to reply to,hes not naming an organization an event and hes not talking about this debate forum? Hes just asking why are people predjudice there's no answer to that.You made it look way worse. In other words this does not apply to him so why ask the question why even reply?

Because 'trash talking' (and all the prejudice and bigotry that goes with it) was the topic. Not where it was done, but the 'act' itself, wherever it was done.

At least, that's what I got out of the OP.

Since the OP did not indicate a specific place (and it did not) then I rather figured that it was referring to 'trash talking' wherever it is found....debate forums included, perhaps, but certainly not limited to them.

(shrug) I just didn't read into the OP stuff that wasn't actually there, y'see, and I think, perhaps....you did.