• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

difference between saints and normal people

alishan

hi

i have seen that there are many difference of practising between saints and normal people in hindouism

1) what is a saint in hindouism? is it a master who have disciple? an anonym person can be consider as saint?

2) to workship God without statue, is it only saint that can or alson normal people?
i have red a master saying if you still feel your body keep a statue to workship.

3) to be buried, is it all the saint that are buried? but how can we decide the state of saintety of one person? by his reputation as a spiritual master?do a normal person can be buried?

4) Do you have other practice that are different if it s a spiritual master or a normal person.

maybe a master dont need to focus on one name of God like shiva, vishnu but can workship them all in one?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Generally speaking, saints, sages, Gurus, masters, rishis etc. have all attained a certain level of realisation with God, of God, union etc. The physical body is no different than 'ordinary' people. In reality it is a continuum though, not just the two categories of saint, and ordinary. This attainment is what makes them who they are, but because it is an inner attainment, nobody knows for sure.

Wannabe Yogi

The only difference between a Saint and a "normal" person, is that a saint knows his true nature and the "normal" person does not.

alishan

yes but i see from some people of the forum that saints are buried and normal people are burnt

masters dont use statue to workship and normal people do it.

who decide?

for exemple a man who reached his atman and was a saint but anonymous nobody knew him so he will be burnt?

alishan

ok thanks

because i red a master saying to his disciple "if you still feel your body , use a statue"

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
yes but i see from some people of the forum that saints are buried and normal people are burnt

masters dont use statue to workship and normal people do it.

who decide?

for exemple a man who reached his atman and was a saint but anonymous nobody knew him so he will be burnt?

Some masters are still active and enthusiastic bhaktars. Individuals decide. An anonymous master (highly unlikely) would most likely be cremated.

alishan

An anonymous master (highly unlikely) would most likely be cremated.

why master? anonymous saint, why master? a saint is obligatory a master?

Depends on which religion within Sanatana dharma. Remember, there are many many ways within SD

It means that some ways make people using statue obligatory no choice?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It means that some ways make people using statue obligatory no choice?

In Hinduism, an individual does have choice. Within the branch or religion, they still have choice. it is very much an individual path. But many would chose to remain as bhaktars. (People who worship God within a murthi) For example, there are stories of saints who walked right into temple sanctums and disappeared, merged with God, on an inner level, as well as physically.