• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Difference between Nabi and Rasool.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

@RAYYAN and I were having a discussion on this, and I thought it's good idea to make a thread, lest it get's lost in that huge thread.

Nabi word emphasizes on reception. It means receiving a divine book from God channeling it to the people.
Rasool word emphasizes on conveying the message. It means the message of God's religion and God's message has to be conveyed to the people.

Now if we say God's message is God's own words and hence Quran. This equates the role of Nubuwa with Resalah.

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِنْ قَبْلِكَ مِنْ رَسُولٍ وَلَا نَبِيٍّ إِلَّا إِذَا تَمَنَّىٰ أَلْقَى الشَّيْطَانُ فِي أُمْنِيَّتِهِ فَيَنْسَخُ اللَّهُ مَا يُلْقِي الشَّيْطَانُ ثُمَّ يُحْكِمُ اللَّهُ آيَاتِهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ | We did not send any Messenger nor a Nabi before you but that when he wished Satan cast in his wish Thereat Allah nullifies whatever Satan has cast, and then Allah confirms His signs, and Allah is All-knowing, All-wise. | Al-Hajj : 52

One thing to note, both a Nabi and Rasool are Mursal (sent by God). The word Mursal is more inclusive.

According to the above verse, not every Nabi is a Rasool.

In Surah Baqara, we read about Anbiya:

كَانَ النَّاسُ أُمَّةً وَاحِدَةً فَبَعَثَ اللَّهُ النَّبِيِّينَ مُبَشِّرِينَ وَمُنْذِرِينَ وَأَنْزَلَ مَعَهُمُ الْكِتَابَ بِالْحَقِّ لِيَحْكُمَ بَيْنَ النَّاسِ فِيمَا اخْتَلَفُوا فِيهِ ۚ وَمَا اخْتَلَفَ فِيهِ إِلَّا الَّذِينَ أُوتُوهُ مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَتْهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ بَغْيًا بَيْنَهُمْ ۖ فَهَدَى اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لِمَا اخْتَلَفُوا فِيهِ مِنَ الْحَقِّ بِإِذْنِهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ يَهْدِي مَنْ يَشَاءُ إِلَىٰ صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ | Mankind were a single community; then Allah sent the prophets as bearers of good news and warners, and He sent down with them the Book with the truth, that it may judge between the people concerning that about which they differed, and none differed in it except those who had been given it, after the manifest proofs had come to them, out of envy among themselves. Then Allah guided those who had faith to the truth of what they differed in, by His will, and Allah guides whomever He wishes to a straight path. | Al-Baqara : 213

The Anbiya have the book revealed/sent with them. This is part of their definition.

However, we read about Messengers, then some God talked to but not all.

تِلْكَ الرُّسُلُ فَضَّلْنَا بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ ۘ مِنْهُمْ مَنْ كَلَّمَ اللَّهُ ۖ وَرَفَعَ بَعْضَهُمْ دَرَجَاتٍ ۚ وَآتَيْنَا عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ الْبَيِّنَاتِ وَأَيَّدْنَاهُ بِرُوحِ الْقُدُسِ ۗ وَلَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ مَا اقْتَتَلَ الَّذِينَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَتْهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ وَلَٰكِنِ اخْتَلَفُوا فَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ آمَنَ وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ كَفَرَ ۚ وَلَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ مَا اقْتَتَلُوا وَلَٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ يَفْعَلُ مَا يُرِيدُ | These are the Messenger, some of whom We gave an advantage over others: of them are those to whom Allah spoke and some of them He raised in rank, and We gave Jesus, son of Mary, manifest proofs and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit. Had Allah wished, those who succeeded them would not have fought one another after the manifest proofs had come to them. But they differed. So there were among them those who had faith and there were among them those who were faithless, and had Allah wished, they would not have fought one another; but Allah does whatever He desires. | Al-Baqara : 253

Now something to note, God talks to Musa's (a) mother (a) but this does not make her a Nabi or Rasool. God talks to every Messenger and Nabi just as he talked to Musa's (a) mother, this is not the issue, but here it means God's words to humanity.

What is meant by Talk to here is God's words to humanity in a form of a book. Not every Rasool hence is a Nabi.

So we see not every Nabi is a Rasool and not every Rasool is a Nabi. But how Quran uses them interchangeable in many places, we can concluded almost all Anbiya were Rusul and almost all Rusul were Anbiya.

This is because Nubuwa and Resalah compliment each other and even we can say intersect in roles often.

And these are not the only two roles of Mursaleen. Mursaleen (sent ones) are sent as witnesses, lanterns giving light, leaders, kings, authorities, guides as well.

The Quran didn't end all the roles of sent ones, but rather the following verse shows God continuously sends:

أَمْرًا مِنْ عِنْدِنَا ۚ إِنَّا كُنَّا مُرْسِلِينَ | as an ordinance from Us for We were/are/will be ever sending | Ad-Dukhaan : 5

The type of Arabic tense is hard to describe but it means WAS sending in the past, IS sending NOW, and WILL be sending in the future all at the same time. It means there is no time when God is not sending.

InvestigateTruth

Salam

@RAYYAN and I were having a discussion on this, and I thought it's good idea to make a thread, lest it get's lost in that huge thread.

Nabi word emphasizes on reception. It means receiving a divine book from God channeling it to the people.
Rasool word emphasizes on conveying the message. It means the message of God's religion and God's message has to be conveyed to the people.

Now if we say God's message is God's own words and hence Quran. This equates the role of Nubuwa with Resalah.

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِنْ قَبْلِكَ مِنْ رَسُولٍ وَلَا نَبِيٍّ إِلَّا إِذَا تَمَنَّىٰ أَلْقَى الشَّيْطَانُ فِي أُمْنِيَّتِهِ فَيَنْسَخُ اللَّهُ مَا يُلْقِي الشَّيْطَانُ ثُمَّ يُحْكِمُ اللَّهُ آيَاتِهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ | We did not send any Messenger nor a Nabi before you but that when he wished Satan cast in his wish Thereat Allah nullifies whatever Satan has cast, and then Allah confirms His signs, and Allah is All-knowing, All-wise. | Al-Hajj : 52

One thing to note, both a Nabi and Rasool are Mursal (sent by God). The word Mursal is more inclusive.

كَانَ النَّاسُ أُمَّةً وَاحِدَةً فَبَعَثَ اللَّهُ النَّبِيِّينَ مُبَشِّرِينَ وَمُنْذِرِينَ وَأَنْزَلَ مَعَهُمُ الْكِتَابَ بِالْحَقِّ لِيَحْكُمَ بَيْنَ النَّاسِ فِيمَا اخْتَلَفُوا فِيهِ ۚ وَمَا اخْتَلَفَ فِيهِ إِلَّا الَّذِينَ أُوتُوهُ مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَتْهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ بَغْيًا بَيْنَهُمْ ۖ فَهَدَى اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لِمَا اخْتَلَفُوا فِيهِ مِنَ الْحَقِّ بِإِذْنِهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ يَهْدِي مَنْ يَشَاءُ إِلَىٰ صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ | Mankind were a single community; then Allah sent the prophets as bearers of good news and warners, and He sent down with them the Book with the truth, that it may judge between the people concerning that about which they differed, and none differed in it except those who had been given it, after the manifest proofs had come to them, out of envy among themselves. Then Allah guided those who had faith to the truth of what they differed in, by His will, and Allah guides whomever He wishes to a straight path. | Al-Baqara : 213

The Anbiya have the book revealed/sent with them. This is part of their definition.

تِلْكَ الرُّسُلُ فَضَّلْنَا بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَىٰ بَعْضٍ ۘ مِنْهُمْ مَنْ كَلَّمَ اللَّهُ ۖ وَرَفَعَ بَعْضَهُمْ دَرَجَاتٍ ۚ وَآتَيْنَا عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ الْبَيِّنَاتِ وَأَيَّدْنَاهُ بِرُوحِ الْقُدُسِ ۗ وَلَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ مَا اقْتَتَلَ الَّذِينَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَتْهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ وَلَٰكِنِ اخْتَلَفُوا فَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ آمَنَ وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ كَفَرَ ۚ وَلَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ مَا اقْتَتَلُوا وَلَٰكِنَّ اللَّهَ يَفْعَلُ مَا يُرِيدُ | These are the Messenger, some of whom We gave an advantage over others: of them are those to whom Allah spoke and some of them He raised in rank, and We gave Jesus, son of Mary, manifest proofs and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit. Had Allah wished, those who succeeded them would not have fought one another after the manifest proofs had come to them. But they differed. So there were among them those who had faith and there were among them those who were faithless, and had Allah wished, they would not have fought one another; but Allah does whatever He desires. | Al-Baqara : 253

Now something to note, God talks to Musa's (a) mother (a) but this does not make her a Nabi or Rasool. God talks to every Messenger and Nabi just as he talked to Musa's (a) mother, this is not the issue, but here it means God's words to humanity.

What is meant by Talk to here is God's words to humanity in a form of a book. Not every Rasool hence is a Nabi.

So we see not every Nabi is a Rasool and not every Rasool is a Nabi. But how Quran uses them interchangeable in many places, we can concluded almost all Anbiya were Rusul and almost all Rusul were Anbiya.

This is because Nubuwa and Resalah compliment each other and even we can say intersect in roles often.

And these are not the only two roles of Mursaleen. Mursaleen (sent ones) are sent as witnesses, lanterns giving light, leaders, kings, authorities, guides as well.

The Quran didn't end all the roles of sent ones, but rather the following verse shows God continuously sends:

أَمْرًا مِنْ عِنْدِنَا ۚ إِنَّا كُنَّا مُرْسِلِينَ | as an ordinance from Us for We were/are/will be ever sending | Ad-Dukhaan : 5

The type of Arabic tense is hard to describe but it means WAS sending in the past, IS sending NOW, and WILL be sending in the future all at the same time. It means there is no time when God is not sending.
In your view Was Solomon a Nabi or Rasool?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks. How do you tell that Solomon was both Rasool and Nabi?
Are there explicit verses that calls him Rasool and Nabi? Are there Hadithes that says? Or how do you conclude?
Salam

There are overall verses that talk about Successors of Musa (a) as both Anbiya and Rusul, so it's an educated guess but I don't know for certain. It seems Sulaiman (a) also had similar revelation as his father Dawood (a) when we go see what is attributed to Sulaiman (a) to conclude through Psalms of Sulaiman (a) that he is a Nabi. That he continued the songs from God in a form of scripture.

There also hadiths in al-Kafi that show that the Authority and Nubuwa would go to where the Tabut is. The Tabut was akin to the sword and armor of Mohammad (s) in his family (a). The latter was a sign of Imamate, and the Tabut was a sign of Nubuwa and Mulk (authority) according to hadiths in Al-Kafi (There is a chapter just on this).

To conclude he is a Rasool, we just have to ask the question, when he was conquering lands was the message apparent to those people? It seems through story of Queen Sheba, this is not the case. They were largely ignorant of Tawhid and probably thought Sulaiman (a) as a sorcerer from the tales they would hear about him. So then he has to be a Messenger as well, because he was sent to people that needed a message as well.

It seems Quran has to go out of the way to show an exception. The closest we see to that is Talut (a) but we can't be sure he was not a Nabi either.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Here are some of the hadiths in al-kafi:

H 621, Ch. 38, h 1 A number of our people has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from Ali ibn alHakam from Mu’awiya ibn Wahab from Sa‘id al-Samman who has said the following. "I was in the presence of abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) when two people from the Zaydia sect came to him. They asked, "Is there with you an Imam obedience to whom is obligatory?" The narrator has said that the Imams (a.s.) said, "No, there no one as such." They then said, "Reliable people have informed us about you that you issue fatwas and that you affirm and speak of it. We can point out what their names are. They are very pious alert people. They are such that can not be rejected. The Imams (a.s.) became angry and said, "I have not ordered them to say so." When the two men notice anger from the face of The Imams (a.s.) they left." The Imams (a.s.) then asked me, "Do you know these two?" I said, "Yes, I know them. They are from our Suq (shopping center). They belong to the Zaydia sect and they think that the sword of the Holy Prophet (s.a.) is with ‘Abdallah ibn al-Hassan." The Imams (a.s.) said, "They have lied, may Allah condemn them. I swear by Allah, ‘Abdallah ibn al-Hassan has not seen it with his own eyes, not even of his eyes has seen it. Even his father had seen it except if he might have seen it with Imam Ali ibn al-Husayn (a.s.). If they are truthful let them say what kind of mark does its hilt have and what is the mark on its blade? With me is the sword of the Messenger of Allah, with me is the flag of the Messenger, his coat of arms, his Lamam (pennon) and his helmet. If they are truthful let them say what kind of mark does the coat of arms of the Messenger of Allah has? With me is the flag of the Messenger of Allah, the victorious. With me is the Staff of Moses. With me is the ring of Solomon son of David. With me is tray on Moses used to offer offerings. With me is the name that whenever the Messenger of Allah would place it between the Muslims and pagans no arrow from the pagans would reach the Muslims. With me is the similar object that angels brought." Perhaps The Imams (a.s.) has hinted to the following verse. ‘Their Prophet further told them, "As the evidence of his authority, he will bring to you the Ark which will be a comfort to you from your Lord and a legacy of the household of Moses and Aaron. It will be carried by the angels. This is the evidence for you if you have faith.’ (2:248) The case of the Arms with us is like the case of the Ark in the Israelites. Whichever house would have had the Ark at their door-front that house would receive prophet-hood. To whoever of us the Arms are transferred he receives Imamat (leadership with Divine authority). My father wore the coats of arms of the Messenger of Allah. It would reach the earth and leave marks. I wore it also and it reached the earth and sometimes it would not. When the one from us who, will rise to establish the authority of Allah on earth, will come it will fit him perfectly, if Allah would so will.

The case of the Arms of the Messenger of Allah is like the Ark among the Israelites (chapter title)

H 631, Ch. 39, h 1 A number of our people has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from Ali ibn al-Hakam from Mu’awiya ibn Wahab from Sa‘id al-Samman who has said that he heard abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) say the following. "The case of the Armaments with us is like the case of the Ark with Israelites. In whichever house of the Israelites the Ark would hav 3ebeen found that house would receive prophet-hood. Whoever among us would receive the Armaments he would also receive Imamat (leadership with Divine authority)."

H 632, Ch. 39, h 2 Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father from ibn abu ‘Umayr from Muhammad ibn alSukayn from Nuh ibn Darraj from ‘Abdallah ibn abu Ya‘fur who has said that he heard abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) say the following. "The case of the Armaments with us is like the case of the Ark with the Israelites. Wherever the Ark would go kingdom would also follow. Wherever the Armaments go among us knowledge (leadership with Divine authority) also follows it."

H 633, Ch. 39, h 3 Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Muhammad ibn al-Husayn from Safwan from abu a1-Hassan al-Rida (a.s.) who has said the following. "Abu Ja‘far (a.s.) would say, ‘The case of the Armaments with us is as the Ark with the Israelites. Wherever the Ark would go prophet-hood would also follow. Wherever the Armaments among us would go the matter (leadership with Divine authority) would also settle there." I then asked, "Would the Armaments ever depart knowledge?" The Imam (a.s.) said, "No, it would not do so."

H 634, Ch. 39, h 4 A number of our people has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from ibn abu Nasr from abu al-Hassan al-Rida (a.s.) who has said the following. "Abu Ja‘far (a.s.) would say, ‘The case of the Armaments with us is as the Ark with the Israelites. Wherever the Ark would go kingdom would also follow. Wherever the Armaments among us would go knowledge would also follow.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

The verses that show Successors of Musa (a) were overall Messengers:

وَلَقَدْ آتَيْنَا مُوسَى الْكِتَابَ وَقَفَّيْنَا مِنْ بَعْدِهِ بِالرُّسُلِ ۖ وَآتَيْنَا عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ الْبَيِّنَاتِ وَأَيَّدْنَاهُ بِرُوحِ الْقُدُسِ ۗ أَفَكُلَّمَا جَاءَكُمْ رَسُولٌ بِمَا لَا تَهْوَىٰ أَنْفُسُكُمُ اسْتَكْبَرْتُمْ فَفَرِيقًا كَذَّبْتُمْ وَفَرِيقًا تَقْتُلُونَ | Certainly, We gave Moses the Book and followed him with the Messengers and We gave Jesus, the son of Mary, manifest proofs and confirmed him with the Holy Spirit. Is it not that whenever an apostle brought you that which was not to your liking, you would act arrogantly; so you would impugn a group [of them], and slay a[nother] group? | Al-Baqara : 87

وَلَقَدْ أَخَذَ اللَّهُ مِيثَاقَ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ وَبَعَثْنَا مِنْهُمُ اثْنَيْ عَشَرَ نَقِيبًا ۖ وَقَالَ اللَّهُ إِنِّي مَعَكُمْ ۖ لَئِنْ أَقَمْتُمُ الصَّلَاةَ وَآتَيْتُمُ الزَّكَاةَ وَآمَنْتُمْ بِرُسُلِي وَعَزَّرْتُمُوهُمْ وَأَقْرَضْتُمُ اللَّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا لَأُكَفِّرَنَّ عَنْكُمْ سَيِّئَاتِكُمْ وَلَأُدْخِلَنَّكُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِنْ تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ ۚ فَمَنْ كَفَرَ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ مِنْكُمْ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ سَوَاءَ السَّبِيلِ | Certainly Allah took a pledge from the Children of Israel, and We raised from them twelve captains. And Allah said, ‘I am with you! Surely, if you maintain the prayer and give the zakat and have faith in My messengers and support them and lend Allah a good loan, I will surely absolve you of your misdeeds, and I will surely admit you into gardens with streams running in them. But whoever of you disbelieves after that has certainly strayed from the right way.’ | Al-Maaida : 12

لَقَدْ أَخَذْنَا مِيثَاقَ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ وَأَرْسَلْنَا إِلَيْهِمْ رُسُلًا ۖ كُلَّمَا جَاءَهُمْ رَسُولٌ بِمَا لَا تَهْوَىٰ أَنْفُسُهُمْ فَرِيقًا كَذَّبُوا وَفَرِيقًا يَقْتُلُونَ | Certainly We took a pledge from the Children of Israel, and We sent apostles to them. Whenever an apostle brought them that which was not to their liking, they would impugn a part of them, and a part they would slay. | Al-Maaida : 70

Last edited:

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Salam

I am well aware of the difference between rasul and nabi
The thing that you don't understand is, that the word rasul and nabi can be both in the Quran and it is interchangeable unless it is specified.
Everything you said above doesn't address this and it is due to your weakness in the Arabic language.

Rasul means a messenger or a prophet. That is how a natural Arabic speaker understands it, All scholars agree on it, Even that is what wiktionary says.
So, among all this evidence, who are you to say otherwise?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am well aware of the difference between rasul and nabi
The thing that you don't understand is, that the word rasul and nabi can be both in the Quran and it is interchangeable unless it is specified.
Everything you said above doesn't address this and it is due to your weakness in the Arabic language.

Rasul means a messenger or a prophet. That is how a natural Arabic speaker understands it, All scholars agree on it, Even that is what wiktionary says.
So, among all this evidence, who are you to say otherwise?

I am nobody, but scholars are not an authority either. I brought proof from Quran. If you wish to address it, then do so.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
I am nobody, but scholars are not an authority either. I brought proof from Quran. If you wish to address it, then do so.
Nothing to address here
As I said, the two words are interchangeable
That is all.
How else do I address that?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nothing to address here
As I said, the two words are interchangeable
That is all.
How else do I address that?
Well, for one, I've shown otherwise in the Quran (proofs), you can address the reasoning and verses I showed.
And second, you can show proof for your version or scholars version in the Quran.

Trying to bully truth does not work with me nor appeal to scholars.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

More on role of Messengers, to establish an argument upon people from God:

رُسُلًا مُبَشِّرِينَ وَمُنْذِرِينَ لِئَلَّا يَكُونَ لِلنَّاسِ عَلَى اللَّهِ حُجَّةٌ بَعْدَ الرُّسُلِ ۚ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ عَزِيزًا حَكِيمًا | apostles, as bearers of good news and warners, so that mankind may not have any argument against Allah, after the [sending of the] apostles; and Allah is all-mighty, all-wise. | An-Nisaa : 165

We can conclude from this, if the proof is established in the minds of people, God might instead opt to send a non-Messenger Nabi to continue to talk to humans through him, and reveal a book that adds to knowledge and enlightenment but is not there to establish the argument.

Musa (a) and Haroun (a) were two Messengers from God before they were given scripture/tablets (Nubuwa), and so although they both became Anbiya, they started their mission as Messengers:

فَأْتِيَاهُ فَقُولَا إِنَّا رَسُولَا رَبِّكَ فَأَرْسِلْ مَعَنَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ وَلَا تُعَذِّبْهُمْ ۖ قَدْ جِئْنَاكَ بِآيَةٍ مِنْ رَبِّكَ ۖ وَالسَّلَامُ عَلَىٰ مَنِ اتَّبَعَ الْهُدَىٰ | So approach him and say, ‘‘We are the apostles of your Lord. Let the Children of Israel go with us, and do not torture them! We certainly bring you a sign from your Lord, and may peace be upon him who follows guidance! | Taa-Haa : 47

There is also a connection between 4:165 and 4:59.

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَطِيعُوا اللَّهَ وَأَطِيعُوا الرَّسُولَ وَأُولِي الْأَمْرِ مِنْكُمْ ۖ فَإِنْ تَنَازَعْتُمْ فِي شَيْءٍ فَرُدُّوهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَالرَّسُولِ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ خَيْرٌ وَأَحْسَنُ تَأْوِيلًا | O you who have faith! Obey Allah and obey the Apostle and the Possessors of the Authority from you. Therefore if you dispute concerning anything, refer it to Allah and the Apostle, if you have faith in Allah and the Last Day. That is better and more favourable in outcome. | An-Nisaa : 59

We can deduce after Mohammad (s), his successors, the Ulil-Amr, would only need to become Messengers if there is a major dispute of the truth of what Mohammad (s) brought or otherwise, they can just be Kings and Leaders we must obey.

If no disputes, no need of referring to God and the Messenger, but if disputes occur, at least some of the Ulil-Amr would need to become Messengers. The Quran emphasizes not to dispute, to remain united, but if doesn't happen, then there is a way out of that.

The Mahdi (a) is definitely coming back with a message, just not a new revelation from God in a form of scripture. He is a Non-Nabi Rasool.

Last edited: