• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Didn't even hear about this one. What the heck is going on in the US??

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
"Breonna Taylor, a 26-year-old EMT who was asleep in her apartment when police entered with a “no-knock” search warrant and opened fire, killing her. "

"According to a lawsuit filed by Taylor’s family accusing three Louisville police officers of wrongful death, excessive force, and gross negligence, the young award-winning EMT died after what appears to be one of the more unnecessary and botched police raids in recent memory, no matter who tells the story."

"Seven Shot During Protests In Louisville Over Killing Of Unarmed First Responder Seven Shot During Protests In Louisville Over Killing Of Unarmed First Responder - News & Guts Media" This is Kent State level stuff!

Looking forward to the Usual Suspects and associated bootlickers and their imminent "I'm-not-racist-but..." justification for this killing. "She was a thug who was once cautioned for shoplifting in primary school so the police obviously feared for their safety" in 3...2...

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think I first heard about it last week. CourtTV talked about it a lot tonight. Definitely a tragedy and injustice. No knock warnings shouldn't exist or should have very strict standards.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
"Breonna Taylor, a 26-year-old EMT who was asleep in her apartment when police entered with a “no-knock” search warrant and opened fire, killing her. "

"According to a lawsuit filed by Taylor’s family accusing three Louisville police officers of wrongful death, excessive force, and gross negligence, the young award-winning EMT died after what appears to be one of the more unnecessary and botched police raids in recent memory, no matter who tells the story."

"Seven Shot During Protests In Louisville Over Killing Of Unarmed First Responder Seven Shot During Protests In Louisville Over Killing Of Unarmed First Responder - News & Guts Media" This is Kent State level stuff!

Looking forward to the Usual Suspects and associated bootlickers and their imminent "I'm-not-racist-but..." justification for this killing. "She was a thug who was once cautioned for shoplifting in primary school so the police obviously feared for their safety" in 3...2...

@Revoltingest has opened a thread about it.
There's much more info on his thread.

One of the police officers was shot during the entry.
The cops were sent in in plain clothes.
They say that they did call out before entering.
Miss Walker's boyfriend opened up with a gun.

It was a bad mess........... but different to some situations, I think.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

There's no reason to believe the cop's side of the story. They could be making it up that they called out. There's no body cam footage or anything. The boyfriend had a right to open fire as a licensed gun owner who believed his home was being broken into by criminals.

Kangaroo Feathers

So... basically it was the exact situation gun fetishists claim their guns will magically protect them from

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
There's no reason to believe the cop's side of the story. They could be making it up that they called out.
They could be making it up?
You've just shown that they could be telling truth....

There's no body cam footage or anything.
That's dreadful, but it doesn't make the police, who were in plain clothes, with no body armour, no proper back up, wrong intelligence, and with their colleague gunned down, and with year's of untreated uncounselled trauma themselves...... murderers.

The boyfriend had a right to open fire as a licensed gun owner who believed his home was being broken into by criminals.
If you say so........... the police claim that they called a warning..... all this needs investigating.

The drug laws are crazy, Police training and retyraining is rubbish. Trauma counselling is not mandatory. Body armour does not seem to be issued, proper police teams for home searches don't seem to be used.

It just looks like that State's policing is rubbish, maybe your whole country's.... who knows?

But the police are not guilty of murder, surely?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
So... basically it was the exact situation gun fetishists claim their guns will magically protect them from
Yes!
Exactly!

If the USA was not awash with guns then things could be better.
If police trauma therapy was regular, and training reviews, and decent body armour, and rules about home searches (no plain cloths), and ........ the list is bloody endless.

If some drugs laws were repealed and cannabis could be purchased legally then thev police could stop messing about with this and get to policing, with less home intrusions......

It's a mess....... but the three cops were mot murderers, don't reckon so. Their colleague was shot down beside them.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yes!
Exactly!

If the USA was not awash with guns then things could be better.
If police trauma therapy was regular, and training reviews, and decent body armour, and rules about home searches (no plain cloths), and ........ the list is bloody endless.

If some drugs laws were repealed and cannabis could be purchased legally then thev police could stop messing about with this and get to policing, with less home intrusions...... r My private residence

It's a mess....... but the three cops were mot murderers, don't reckon so. Their colleague was shot down beside them.
Bursting into someone's private residence in plain clothes in a country where "we need gunz to shoot all the evildoers desperate to burst into my private residence!" is the national religion, call me cynical for not having much sympathy for the cops.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Bursting into someone's private residence in plain clothes in a country where "we need gunz to shoot all the evildoers desperate to burst into my private residence!" is the national religion, call me cynical for not having much sympathy for the cops.
I've got no sympathy for bad or stupid or cynical cops...... I've met with a fair few in my time and seen some bad things.

But these bad stupid cops did not murder...... the system needs taking down and rebuilding properly, and since these situations happen quite regularly I won't be holding my breath.

I once saw a very bad act by police in Margate, England...... so we ain't squeaky clean here. A villain hurt me badly when I arrested him, but I held on. When the police arrived they hurt the thief back, badly and deliberately. These things happen everywhere so I'm not playing at angel-eyes or anything.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There's no reason to believe the cop's side of the story. They could be making it up that they called out. There's no body cam footage or anything. The boyfriend had a right to open fire as a licensed gun owner who believed his home was being broken into by criminals.
Very convenient that the cops had no audio or video record of it.
I find this damning.
But even if they had called out "Police!", it's certainly possible that
they did so in a manner (purposely or inadvertently) that wouldn't
be heard, eg, before the victims awoke, as the door is being smashed
open. In such circumstances, senses are overwhelmed, & memories
will be unreliable.

Again, to your raised issue....
Why did the cops fail to video an event with such tremendous legal
liability & safety consequences? It smells of either hiding something,
or gross incompetence. Criminy, even decades ago, I used video
evidence of rental unit condition as evidence in court.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
And I’m going to zoom out and say that all of the ills ya’ll are discussing are exacerbated and amplified by the oligarchs and plutocrats running our society. Huge swaths of our population are officially “poor”. More huge swaths aren’t counted as “poor”, but actually are, and they know how fragile their situations are. When this much stress is placed on a society so relentlessly the kinds of incidents ya’ll are debating are inevitable.

In the end, these concerns are misplaced. Not that there aren’t issues to be solved, but they are WAY DOWN on the list of priorities. It doesn’t matter that there are dirty dishes in the sink if the house is burning down.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

That's what the gun lovers want. Everyone to have a gun and fire at anyone who is breaking and entering.

I can't wait for the Black Panther Party to reform and start parading through the streets with guns and rifles in a law-abiding manner, of course.