• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you see God?

Jeremiah Ames

I have heard it said by some people that they would believe in God if there was only some evidence.

I propose that there is evidence.

God is here with us, on the earth this very day.

God had crossed my path numerous times in the past and spoke with me as well.
Though God never said what I expected God to say, and God didn’t look like I expected either.
So I was unaware. :( But now I can see in looking back, that God did intersect my life at certain times.
Something changed in my thoughts this morning. I only came upon this realization earlier today while walking on a treadmill. Ok, sorry, I know I’m odd. I always heard a different guitar player. :eek:

I’m not talking of the spiritual. Of course I believe God is everywhere spiritually.

But I mean literally. I mean literally seeing and talking to God.

I submit to those who say there is no evidence:

God has walked right up to you, sometime, somewhere in your life, and said hello. But you missed it.

Did you expect God to have a really long beard and a long white robe and a golden staff in hand? Perhaps you need to start looking more closely.

God will come again to you some day, somewhere. Maybe even today or tomorrow.

Just be ready next time.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have heard it said by some people that they would believe in God if there was only some evidence.

Though God never said what I expected God to say, and God didn’t look like I expected either.
So I was unaware. :( But now I can see in looking back, that God did intersect my life at certain times.
Something changed in my thoughts this morning. I only came upon this realization earlier today while walking on a treadmill. Ok, sorry, I know I’m odd. I always heard a different guitar player. :eek:

I’m not talking of the spiritual. Of course I believe God is everywhere spiritually.

God has walked right up to you, sometime, somewhere in your life, and said hello. But you missed it.

Did you expect God to have a really long beard and a long white robe and a golden staff in hand? Perhaps you need to start looking more closely.

Just be ready next time.

Baha'u'llah has said all we can perceive about God is vain imaginings. We will never see God or know of the Essence of God.

All we can know of God and what we can connect with is the Messengers from God, those that reflect the light onto our soul.

If our heart is pure we can get a glimpse of them in our lives. I have not had a known connection to this date. I know many that find Faith by a dream or vision of a Messenger from God. There are records of these for us to pursue.

Regards Tony

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Just be ready next time.
I suppose there's nothing wrong with having a good imagination.

InChrist

Free4ever
I have not seen God. Right now I live by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). I believe it is possible to see the influence of God in people and situations, but I don't believe humans in their flesh can see God in all His power and glory and survive.

Has anyone ever seen God?

Axe Elf

Prophet

So... where's the evidence again?

The people who say that there is no evidence are of course referring to objective, rational evidence, not the personal experiences or testimony of the 2 billion people who believe in the Xian God, or even the beauty and complexity that people say points to God in nature. Those may be reasons to believe in God, but they don't rise to the level of evidence.

So if you have some of that objective, rational evidence for the existence of God, then by all means, present it to the world, and if you don't, then you haven't really done anything here but redefine "evidence."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Just be ready next time.

Ive seen and experienced what people càll god. Since no one is an alien to another persons experience, its all in perspective how one person names his experience and source compared to another.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Just be ready next time.

My questions.

What is a god and by what means did you literally hear his voice?

I heard a voice telling Stop in my ear once. Saved by life. Was it god. Repends in your perspective and definitiin of it,

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Just be ready next time.
Do you mean that you saw God in another person?
I never saw God but I do not need to see God to know that God exists, it is just obvious. :rolleyes:
I would never want to see God because that would take the mystery away from God. :D

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"Did you see God?"
Just one? I see a whole lots of them and Goddesses too. Yes, I have seen God, all the time, everywhere. In you, in myself, in everything. He is a very good friend of mine. He would not leave me even for a moment. And he is a great company.We talk about millions of things.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
"Did you see God?"
Just one? I see a whole lots of them and Goddesses too. Yes, I have seen God, all the time, everywhere. In you, in myself, in everything. He is a very good friend of mine. He would not leave me even for a moment. And he is a great company.We talk about millions of things.
That is good to hear... God is good. :D

ArtieE

I have not seen God. Right now I live by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). I believe it is possible to see the influence of God in people and situations, but I don't believe humans in their flesh can see God in all His power and glory and survive.

Has anyone ever seen God?
It's apparently only his face one can't see. His butt (back parts) should be safe to see. Exodus 33:23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen."

ArtieE

"Did you see God?"
If somebody says they are talking to God you have no idea what they think he says or what they might do as a result of what they think he says.
Suspect says 'God told me to do it' after fatal crash

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No, we do not talk about future happenings. 'Que sera sera'. Why worry about that? I take life as it comes to me. :)
And we talk face to face. We are not interested in butts.

ArtieE

And we talk face to face.
Excellent. Then please provide audio recordings of your conversations or at least complete transcripts. There's no limit to what humanity can learn from conversations with a god. You must immediately contact the authorities and tell them you have this ability. Then you will probably be taken into custody and our greatest minds will tell you which questions to ask. We could learn so much!

Jeremiah Ames

My questions.

What is a god and by what means did you literally hear his voice?

I heard a voice telling Stop in my ear once. Saved by life. Was it god. Repends in your perspective and definitiin of it,

I have never heard voices in my head. I sometimes think it would be nice to hear voices then I realize that they would most likely be evil ones.

Jeremiah Ames

Do you mean that you saw God in another person?
I never saw God but I do not need to see God to know that God exists, it is just obvious. :rolleyes:
I would never want to see God because that would take the mystery away from God. :D

I suppose that is the best way to say it since it settles more easily in the human mind.

Yet, I have read that Jesus said: “anyone who has seen me has seen the father.” He said this while he was walking the earth, talking to the people, and the father refers to God.

I don’t take a lot of the Bible literally, but this one seemed to make sense.

Jeremiah Ames

Excellent. Then please provide audio recordings of your conversations or at least complete transcripts. There's no limit to what humanity can learn from conversations with a god. You must immediately contact the authorities and tell them you have this ability. Then you will probably be taken into custody and our greatest minds will tell you which questions to ask. We could learn so much!

I could make an audio recording, and there would be wisdom to be found in the conversation. But you would find some way to discount the conversation and you would gain nothing from the words. Your comment makes that quite obvious.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I have never heard voices in my head. I sometimes think it would be nice to hear voices then I realize that they would most likely be evil ones.

I dont know.....it scared the bajesus put of me. My catholic friend said she heard god whisper in her ear. I honestly dont understand the intensity in love people have for god.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If ya'll wanted to see god what do you expect to see?

Which human senses (pysiological and psychological gives what we identify as "the heart") does god exists to where you "sense" his presence but cant describe him or her as an actual deity apart from your experience?

Who is god apart from the person experiencing it?