• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you know.....?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Did you know that Islam is not merely a religion as it is usually referred to but instead it is a way of life by the fact that it deals with every aspect ,great and small, of a Muslims life?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Did you know that Islam teaches about monotheism. One of the smallest chapters of the Qur'an is very clear in terms of it's monotheistic message.

Chapter 112
In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful
Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One,
Allah , the Eternal Refuge.
He neither begets nor is born,
Nor is there to Him any equivalent."

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Did you know that the word Islam actually means Peace, Surrender and Submission?

So literally Islam means "Surrender or Submission to the will of Allah" and through that submission one is at Peace for having fulfilled their duty to submit, obey and worship Allah, the reason for which we were created.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Did you know that Allah has ninety-nine names which are also His characteristics while all his characteristics are not his names?

For example, Allah does not eat, drink nor sleep among many other things, however, they are not His names and so we don't refer to him as 'The Never Sleeping One' etc.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I did know Islam included more than just a metaphysic and had rules impinging on almost every aspect of life. But isn't this problematic, as Islam is immutable and cannot change to meet changing social conditions?
It is/was probably quite serviceable among Bedouins and early desert townships.

I did know that Islam means slavery or submission.

I've heard about the 99 names, but I thought they were more like qualities of Allah. I've also seen a documentary about a comic book series based on these: The 99 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
I did know Islam included more than just a metaphysic and had rules impinging on almost every aspect of life. But isn't this problematic, as Islam is immutable and cannot change to meet changing social conditions?

If you could expand on this issue it would help answer it. When you talk about social conditions what kind of changes can you give an example of.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back

There are over a billion Muslims, have you noticed us having social problems?

I have no problems whatsoever in this regard, nor too any other Muslim.

But as Rational_Mind has said, can you give an example of what exactly you mean by this?

MartyrX

I did know that Islam means slavery or submission.

I've heard about the 99 names, but I thought they were more like qualities of Allah. I've also seen a documentary about a comic book series based on these: .

Islam means submission to Allah.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Did you know that although Islam is labeled as being 1400 years old is in fact partially true?

Muhammed peace be upon him was chosen as a Prophet some 1400 years ago, while all the other Prophets peace be upon them called people to relatively the same message as Muhammed with some differences in laws which were specific to those people at those times. So Islam, the faith, has been around for much longer than 1400 years, while the message that Muhammed peace be upon him received is some 1400 years old.

maro

muslimah
How does Islam, which deals with every aspect great and small, deal with the treatment of hemophilia?

by telling us to seek knowledge :)

Islam puts the conceptual and ethical guidelines for the human life..that's what is meant by every aspect _great or small_